London/banhgkok/chiang Mai .thai Airways

gennisis

Arriving in Bangkok from London...is it best to Depart the International section,,pass through immigration and thern check in at the domestic section or use the Transit route?.

I ask because I remember reading that the Transit route sometimes gave problems.

Only hand luggare is present, no other baggage.

Arriving in Bangkok from London...is it best to Depart the International section,,pass through immigration and thern check in at the domestic section or use the Transit route?.

I ask because I remember reading that the Transit route sometimes gave problems.

Only hand luggare is present, no other baggage.

Depends if you're on a 'Through 'ticket or seperate flights.

If you are on a through ticket there is no need to check in..just follow the transit passengers signs and you will end up where you want to go after you have cleared immigration. If you are on seperate tickets; go out through customs in the normal way and then go up to the third floor to check in again.

Edited by trainman34014

Hi done it loads of times...last time was yesterday....basically at check in at LHR, they can book you all the way to CM and book your seats on the CM leg, even if you bought the tickets separately. You can also check luggage all the way through.

Much much better not going through BKK 'main' immigration as there is nearly always queues and is an absolutely pointless exercise and waste of time.

Go through the transit to domestic and have no queue and takes literally 1 min!

Also, if you are on the late flight from LHR TG916 you can get the flight at 5.15pm easily. Just over an hour between flights. No messing about and easy.