Looking For A Live-in Nanny

fivestar

Hello

We are looking for a live-in Nanny for our 4 year old daughter.

We live in east Pattaya.

Our daughter goes to pre-school.

Normal nanny responsibilities.

A little spoken English an advantage but not necessary.

Open forum replies or PM...up to you!

Regards

Robert

A good Nanny is hard to come by. Know two Thai/expat couples in LOS that having a hard time finding/keeping them. Best thing to do if your wife is Thai to get a famlie member of hers to work as nanny (if posilbe). Another option is to find one from her village which we proberly will do later when the nanny room in our new house is sorted.

One of the above couple was luckly and found a nice lady in her 40'ties close to their house, so she comes in the morning and leaves late afternoon.

Sorry about the spelling but my spell check is not working as the bottom toolbar shows downloading?? due the the "breaking" news popping up :)

A good Nanny is hard to come by. Know two Thai/expat couples in LOS that having a hard time finding/keeping them. Best thing to do if your wife is Thai to get a famlie member of hers to work as nanny (if posilbe). Another option is to find one from her village which we proberly will do later when the nanny room in our new house is sorted.

One of the above couple was luckly and found a nice lady in her 40'ties close to their house, so she comes in the morning and leaves late afternoon.

Sorry about the spelling but my spell check is not working as the bottom toolbar shows downloading?? due the the "breaking" news popping up :)

Thanks Guzzi850m2

We have used family members for the last 3 years but due to serious employment and further education have run out of suitable family!

Regards

Robert

I also tried the family route and then looked outside the family but never found anything totally suitable. Looking back, I think I found it difficult to establish exactly what duties were expected and then to have that managed in Thai, by my other half. I wanted more than just someone to eat and watch TV !

I guess I could have done more about it had the situation been more critical but I had rather run out of immediate options, as you seem to have. My biggest problem was wanting someone who would stimulate my then 1 1/2 year old and having something more to them than some of the village women. The younger ones just want to party when in Pattaya from the villages.

I guess that your reach in terms of how many candidates you can attract will depend upon the position and the salary. The greater of both the more choice I suppose. I know from Bambi web that Bangkok seems to have live ins from the mid teens and upwards, though many are Burmese, with papers.