Zantika Disco Opened In Khao Lak / Phangnga

Duangta

Since the 19th of December a newly build Discotheque has opened in Bang Niang (Khao Lak/ Phangnga), the name is Zantika and the reminder of the burned down Bar/Pub/Disco in Bangkok is by any means not an accidental choice. Questioning the local Thais about the name, they all agreed that this is normal in the Land of Smiles, "because it was in the press already, so everybody knows the name". The resident band is called "Burn" (same like in BKK before). Let's hope that on 31.12.2009 there will be no indoor fireworks. :)

My condolences to the victims and their families, if you ask me, this name should never have been used again for a Discotheque.

http://www.khaolakbusinessindex.com/zantikapub.html

Quote : Let's hope that on 31.12.2009 there will be no indoor fireworks

Wel I should say let's hope that on that day nobody visit particular disco out of respect for the victims and disgust for the owners of the bar,but I know I'm dreaming loud now.

Wel I should say let's hope that on that day nobody visit particular disco out of respect for the victims and disgust for the owners of the bar,but I know I'm dreaming loud now.

Oh well, at least the foreigners are staying a bit further away now, tourists reported shouting with handguns in front of the pub last night. It really is like the wild wild west. Where else in the (civilized?) world can you go out, get drunk, shoot some bullets (in the air presumably) and the coppers even back you up? Can't say out loud names who owns the place, but I reckon you can all guess....

Happy New Year

Oh well, at least the foreigners are staying a bit further away now, tourists reported shouting with handguns in front of the pub last night. It really is like the wild wild west. Where else in the (civilized?) world can you go out, get drunk, shoot some bullets (in the air presumably) and the coppers even back you up? Can't say out loud names who owns the place, but I reckon you can all guess....

Happy New Year

I can't guess, . . . ! Can you drop a hint without naming names, Duangta ? Local Or Bangkokian ?

Mike

They should add a bunch of swastikas to their logo, and they would be cooking.

Yes, this is an amazing story and yet another reminder we ain't in Kansas anymore, Dorothy.

That would be stealing from the club 1kilo from my place in phuket town, its a western cowboy bar with a bunch of hitler and swatiska flags