• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

2. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

3. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

4. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

5. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

6. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

7. 563

White Culture

8. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

9. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

10. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

11. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

14. 125

Trump chickens out again.

Glitterman Speaks About Pedal Power Exercise

glitterman

The Almighty and Powerfull Great Wizard of....Pattaya is BACK AGAIN!!!!! [bad grammer and all]. to kick your lazy asses into shape [or at least try to ].........now where is my old soap box....aaahhhh, here it is.

Now what i want to preach.....uuummm....i mean talk to you about is EXERCISE!!!!

Are you getting enough exercise? Those who exercise regulary live longer and feel far better than those who do not. My form of exercise is obviously cycling , check any statistics and you will see that cycling is the second best form of exercise one can do, swimming is the first which i also try and do and i use the sea as a gym , with over a thousand repititions from 10 different arm exercises in 30 mins. surprisingly running [which i dont do ] is way down in the top 10 list. It has also been proven that those who cycle look and feel 10 years younger than they actualy are [my age would surprise you ,but that is one of the Wizards hidden secrets!]

I immagine many many many years ago the people of Pattaya were far more healthier and that Pattaya was full of nothing but bicycles , now they all own cheap motorbikes , well they are not really motorbikes, just teenagers mopeds , i dont know but i suppose the word mopeds came from MO-torised PED-als , although over the years the pedals have slowly dissapeared, there is NO exercise in that , its as bad as wathching T.V... The horse and carriage evolved into the Ferrari [and still uses terms like 'horsepower'],the bicycle evolved into the Harley [and still uses a chain] unlike the horse and carriage which became extinct , the bicycle will neverdie!!!

Go out there today and buy your self a bicycle , many more expats are cycling these days than they did 7 years ago. It does NOT have to be an expensive bike. My big show bike originally only cost me...uuummm...8000 baht....no...4000...no...2000...no.., 600 baht, yes 600 baht, i bought it from a secondhand shop in Soi Bukao 7 years ago , i origanally only wanted a cheap throw away bike as i thought i would only be staying in Pattaya a month or so, but it did not turn out that way, and i became attached to my horse, i dont even know what brand name my piece of junk is , as it was already hand painted yellow when i bought it, at the time i did not like yellow for a bikes colour ,so i repainted it silver [ how about THE SILVERMAN].This was many many many moons before the Golden Dawn. I also found it very difficult to rent a bicycle, im sure a bicycle rental shop located VISIBLY on Beach Road could do good buisness.

You can buy a new bike from Big C/Tesco Lotus ect from as little as 3000 baht [or less] with 26'' wheels and 6 speed gears or around 1000 baht with smaller wheels and no gears , but has a front basket for your boooooze and a back passenger seat for you Thai rental lady!!!

I have NEVER had an accident in Pattaya while cycling and as many roads do not have pavements, then its far safer than walking. Buy a bicycle, it WILL change your life.

There now i can throw away my soap box.....and change it for a PRIESTS PODIUM....ha ha ha ....wait a moment while i climb up the steps....yes i know i shouldnt, as it provokes angry replies, and completly RUINS my thread , and i dread to think what important relative might read it in the future, but being a rebel i just cant resist it, and besides my 'outside live audience' in all the years have NEVER EVER once spoken badly to me, and since i began writting in this forum the cheers and applause have dramaticly INCREASED like never before, thanks you lot out there ,its you that count , you are the 'petrol' that keeps me going. Which goes to show you 'There is no such thing as bad publicity'.....so here goes;......Did you all have a merry christmas?,.....And the sewers ran yellow with booze,....And flesh collided with steel as they drove home,...And crawling on the floor like children were adults vomiting,,....While the Royal Glitterman on his Royal chariot rode slowly amongst them shouting; ''Repent , repent, for i am the Glitter of Golden light, follow me and i will shine and show for you the way, i will give you UTOPIA in Pattaya''

NO i am NOT religeous in any way at all, in case the Grumpy Mens Club decide to use that as their ammunition in their replies, ....oh yes i almost forgot, while im on the subject of religeon; i am not really a big fan, but i do like John Lennons decorated yellow car and Sergent Peppers Beattles costumes, and seeing the famous statement he made ,i think i will borrow it for myself to see just what happens.....dare i say it.....yes, i'm a rebel, so here goes; ''[in Pattaya] I AM MORE POPULAR THAN JESUS!!!!

The Royal Glitterman hath spoken.

Its a Pattaya thing, not so much a biking thing.

Im a bit Pattayalized my self but this .. ? :D 5555

I belive i have a picture of the Gent in question but cant´seam to find it at the moment .. there´s been a few pic´s taken in my 10 years with Los and Patts if you see what i mean? :)

This is the only bi-cycle i found this far in my folders ...

post-85003-1264793397_thumb.jpg

Edited by crazyswede

""The GM hath ranted."" More like.

Have you heard of Arthur Scargill GM ? Now he could rant, although the subject and planet you,re on are completely different.

How about a PA system on the bike GM?

Could rant as you ride !!!

Where does the Royal bit come into it???

Edited by soihok

What he lacks in post count, he makes up for in post length! :) I find it surprising that he has only 12 posts, given the stir he has caused (and semi-cult status that he has earned) over in the Pattaya forum. Can this be right? Have some of his posts been deleted?

Cheers GlitterMan, no offense intended. Just, uh, maybe tone down the moralism and self-praise a bit (yeah, I know it's largely tongue-in-cheek) and focus more on the constructive messages (such as encouraging healthy activities like swimming and cycling), and you might earn an even bigger following!

Is this Glitterman the bloke that rides around Pattaya in a gold glitter suit everyday with a Brit flag etc?

I have often seen this character about 16:30 at the Pattaya Klang end of Soi Bua Khao, never knew what he was about.

Always thought he must be very hot in that outfit!!

There must be a fair number of mental health workers in Pattaya? :)

Sorry Glitterman but I'm going to have to remain fat and unhealthy.......you may never have have an accident on your bike but then you are rather obvious in your day-glow gold outfit! Used to ride a bike to work back in the UK but gave it up after being knocked off a couple of times and generally hounded by other road users. Over here I'm much happier on my motorised 2 wheeler where I've got the power to get out of the way of the various assassins in their 4+ wheel chariots! By the way, just as an aside, horses may be extinct (the French have eaten them, all!) but I think there are still a few carriages around! :)