What No Rugby Forum!

Do you think a trip to Hong Kong to catch the Lions Barbarians game would be a good idea?

You would be better describing it as an important business trip SC.

In certain circles of course!

A bit like asking the landlord for the number of AA......

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think a trip to Hong Kong to catch the Lions Barbarians game would be a good idea?

Oh to have options like this in my life. I would be going, no doubt.

Oh to have options like this in my life. I would be going, no doubt.

If Sam Tomkins was playing, I'd go for sure... If he'd got the ball he'd have been electric, last time he played...

Dont mean to startle anyone but on the Truevisons TV Guide for the 1/6/13 there is no mention of the game. I know the Ads have been showing that there will be full coverage, but you know how True likes to jump between reality and their own world. Setanta lists it as being on for Asia, however truevisions has an NRL game down as to be shown, not even a live game at that.

Has anyone spoken with them about this at all to confirm if it is on? If not, there are going to be some pretty annoyed puppies out there?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22640098

Strong England team, but they will do well against a very good Baa Baa's squad,

Baa Baa's by 10 I reckon

I really enjoyed Sam Tomkins playing for the Barbarians a couple of years ago; obviously not in the middle of the season, though. Personally, I think the Baa Baas will continue to suffer because rugby is more and more technical; scratch teams will suffer more than ever. But even were it not England, I would still be cheering or the Barbarians

SC

• 3 weeks later...

englands got some interesting players so cowboy make a note of this bloke oh shit whats his name? but i know this you cant give him a yarde.

My apologies for letting this forum languish, and for the off-topic discussion of the Scotland game in the Lions thread.

After last night's Scotland game, I'm looking forward to our bottom-of-the-table clash with Italy next week, and then the start of the new season... Let's hope the autumn tests go better than last year

SC

englands got some interesting players so cowboy make a note of this bloke oh shit whats his name? but i know this you cant give him a yarde.

I'm looking forward to lots of witty puns about him being a Yarde offside. In fact, I'm almost fed up with it already, just thinking about it, in anticipation of the Six Nations. With that extra Yarde of pace he's always going to be a better winger... Unless he switches to No. 15 when he could be a full backyarde

SC

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

really impressed with the spring boks performance against the wallabies this weekend !

and there's one thing i picked up on and wonder if anyone else did ?

the boks seem to have introduced a knew kind of tackling style all of their own and very apt to the part of the world they come from.

it kind of resembles a large wild cat chasing and hunting down it's prey.

the chase, hit, grapple, lock and then killer blow.

• 1 month later...

big game today at Twickenham in London, England vs Australia.

at the moment it's clear. but the pitch will be moist and slippery and chances of showers later on.

i reckon that will give the Wallabies a fighting chance. England are down as the favs though the Aussies are match fit and hardened from their encounters in recent weeks.

England playing a few new combos and you know our friends from down under are always going to be up for this one.

Campo reckons they may even win it by 10, have to say he may have a point ! wink.png

I'm watching a recording of the Racing Metro - Stade Toulousain exhibition game from Aberdeen Rugby Club, Hing Kong Chai. The teams are missing their international players, who are hosting the Autumn tours.

I can probably see OL's house from here...

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Japan score two tries in a cracking 17 - 42 2nd placing at Murrayfield. Scotland pulled away after a try that should have been disallowed (with a yellow card to boot, if I'd been the referee) when Euan Murray took out a defender from off the side of the ruck a couple of metres out to allow Greg Laidlaw to score.

I watched the game on the internet, dropping out every few seconds - but now the interviews and summaries are fine...

Next time we'll meet them will be in 2015 in England, in Pool B of the World Cup. We'll also meet America 2 (almost certainly USA), looking to repeat the result from Barton on Irwell in the current rugby World Cup (Scotland 22 - 8 USA)

SC

so far so good !

the Aussies - 13 points against the Itais at 6/5

and i aired on the side of caution with the Scots - 15 at 4/9 against the cherry blossoms.

now for the big one Wales vs the Boks ( in less than an hour the Welsh have gained an extra 2 points on the handicap) got to be great value that !

so far so good !

and i aired on the side of caution with the Scots - 15 at 4/9 against the cherry blossoms.

now for the big one Wales vs the Boks ( in less than an hour the Welsh have gained an extra 2 points on the handicap) got to be great value that !

on second thoughts iv'e just seen the team line ups and back tracked towards the Boks being able to cover a small winning margin ! wink.png

so far so good !

on second thoughts iv'e just seen the team line ups and back tracked towards the Boks being able to cover a small winning margin ! wink.png

I'm watching the warmup with the sound turned off, and there's blokes in pith helmeth playing trumpeth and the wee mathcoth can harly thtop themthelveth from laughing. Is it OK to remain seated for the anthems if the sound is turned off?

SC

Good bump!

I'm in the other Sid's this evening...

When NZ went over in the third minute I thought it was going to be a repeat of the earlier game in Wrexham, but England have shown they're made of sterner stuff than the USA. Let's see what the second half brings

I'm just watching the Tonga Wales game and it seems strange that Tonga are playing in White. I thought it was the home side that changed, so that the tourists only needed to bring one strip?

Just noticed Wales are wearing a daft grey or pink strip ('m colourblind) so maybe it was a fancy dress game

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

I've just watched the recording of the Scotland - Australia game. I was fully expecting another barely deserved win, right up to the final minute, but it was not to be. At least there's more options in the selection looking forward to the Six Nations...

:-(

NZ score after a pass that was clearly forward long after the 80th minute to draw the game. The kick is scuffed wide, but the referee lets him take it again because the Irish distractors set off before he did...

So wins for all the Championship teams this week.

SC

• 2 months later...

the Welsh were piss poor, expect more from the French against a boring defensive English set up. maybe even a bit of flair perhaps like the olden day's. sad.png

I missed the Wales game, but a bad French team beat an England team who blew it. Ireland for the 6 nations ? We'll see tomorrow