Surin To Bangkok

Newguy70

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share a few pics, and a little info for those on the board.

Decided to take the bike out for a train ride at the beginning of the week. Drove out to Huala Lamphong with the girlfriend, and the Click loaded down with the following (2) bags of gear, one with clothes, and one with my camera gear, and a Garmin GPS, 2 HJC Helmets, and the two of us. The check in process at the train station fairly simple, we purchased our tickets the day before, and upon arrival on the day of departure only needed to pay for the motorbike. The payment for the motorbike takes place over by the scale in front of loading platforms 9&10; Payment for the motorbike was broken down by cc class, and weight (the guy at the station was kind enough to show me the fee schedule) would not allow a pic though [Fee for Bike 763 bht]. The guys loading bikes will attempt to hit you up for a tip (up to you). Train ride took a good 9 1/2 hrs, left at night so we arrived in the morning, not able to capture any night train pics as I was unable to open the window. Upon arrival was easy to find my bike, it was sitting on a dirt path near the road (With no one watching it, yes that's right).

The bike ride back was amazing, the only problem that I had was my behind was very sore from the ride. The Click 110 did, all that I needed to do and more. The ride however did take a wee bit long to return to Bangkok (left Surin 8:30 am, arrived Bangkok 9:45 pm) LMAO. We did stop a number of times, which included 6 for gas stops, a few food stops, and not to mention the occasional my rear is so sore I have to stop, and one detour (a wat) stayed a few hrs, ohh and lets not forget the ice cream (Chok Chai) out by Sara Buri. On my gas stops I did add STP formula to my mixture, not sure if this helped at all, however with the load, I had no problems hitting 100Kmphr. Plenty of signs to let you know which way to Bangkok, so no need to use the GPS that I had.

Total Distance Surin to Bangkok including Stops: 516Km

Side note: On a prior trip to Pattaya, less one person, less STP formula, hit speeds of 110kmph.

Here are some pics ...

post-69968-1266648230_thumb.jpg

post-69968-1266648311_thumb.jpg

post-69968-1266648472_thumb.jpg

post-69968-1266648562_thumb.jpg

post-69968-1266648666_thumb.jpg

post-69968-1266648831_thumb.jpg

post-69968-1266649060_thumb.jpg

post-69968-1266649141_thumb.jpg

post-69968-1266649316_thumb.jpg

post-69968-1266649416_thumb.jpg

post-69968-1266649496_thumb.jpg

post-69968-1266649643_thumb.jpg

post-69968-1266649704_thumb.jpg

post-69968-1266649755_thumb.jpg

Cool

No wonder you had a sore arse. Small bikes are generally better suited for short trips, but it can be done as you have just proven.

Another guy on this forum rode from Pattaya -Changmai-Pattaya on a cheap Honda Wave.

If I go further than 20 km I take my Harley to avoid a sore arse, he-he, but I am an old man at 47 now so I prefer comfort.

Keep riding

Met 4-5 guys from Chiang Mai sleeping on the beach in Jomtien once .. thay all drove Nipon choppers with no suspention , mini seats etc. , they came from Chiang Mai they said , had a rotten pick up as a follow car with some bags and tools on the back.

They said they had one more day to party then they had to head back to Cm in the night cos they had to work on monday morning!

If i remember correctly they had 1100km in front of them the next night .. i felt no envy what so ever! :)

Props to you; there's a bit of kinship for those of us who've made those long trips on mini-bike. Just out of curiousity--was it your bum or that of your pillion rider that was the limiting factor in frequency of stops? I've found that it's usually the old lady's that gives out first.

I have the utmost respect for you.I have a Honda Airblade and rode from Phuket to Krabi.The bike ran like a sewing machine but unfortunately my arse did not enjoy the trip.Maybe a gel seat would cure these problems.I think that it is so much fun to do something out of the ordinary. :)

Props to you; there's a bit of kinship for those of us who've made those long trips on mini-bike. Just out of curiousity--was it your bum or that of your pillion rider that was the limiting factor in frequency of stops? I've found that it's usually the old lady's that gives out first.

It was my bum for sure, my gal was great on the ride as she had only one complaint (and that was to see more of the country side); however we were limited with time attempting to do the trip in a day. The seat on the click is tops on my upgrade list for sure. I see someone mentioned gel, and that is a great idea. I think only a small portion of the seat would need to be gel lined.

If anyone is ever up for a trip, or has one planned etc. Hit me UP : )

As I know a few other members who may be interested as well.

:)