Good News And Bad News About Chez Marco

Ulysses G.

The bad news is that Chez Marco will be closed for a whole week in the beginning of March. The good news is that they are expanding next door and it should be easier to get a table.

Chez Marco has some of the best French and Mediterranean food in Chiang Mai at a very reasonable price.

But the bad news continue for those that drive. :)

No parking lot anywhere near this great resturant!

I drove past at least 5 times and different days and yet to get a nearby parking lot.

Are you severely disabled or in a wheelchair?

I drove past at least 5 times and different days and yet to get a nearby parking lot.

Park in DK book store parking lot and walk around the corner.

But the bad news continue for those that drive. :D

Are you severely disabled or in a wheelchair?

If you don't own a car and drives around, then confine yourself to your wheelchair wait for others to help wheel you around. :)

Did that a few months ago and got locked in :D

Security let us out (20b for his trouble)...they lock the gates at 8pm

great restaurant though :D

Well, the arrival of that verysame baby closed Marco's before, and in exchange for seating more likely, I can put up with a week.

I lived in Lyon for two years not too long ago (some say the eating capital of France), and traveled a good deal, eating at those restaurants that got red "R's" - later Bibs in the Michelin Guide.

With Marco, I'm always made reminiscent by the main dish, usually by shallots, and butter or cream, of those restaurants. I caught scallops (WITH) roe one night on a special. Moreover, compared with Euro-prices.... Well, I'm prepared to park and hike however far as is necessary, even many kilometers, my motorbike. (There can be a difficulty with its motor struggling to carry me home after a meal there.) Wine in lol is another story.

Certainly agree about the food, shame about the service. Always check your order...

I have never had a problem with any dish at the Marco place.Not sure what you are saying but i think if you speak clear when you order in Thailand it helps!

This restaurant is the highlight of all the CM eateries at this point in time.We have been going there for last 8-9 months since reading about on thaivisa Thank you Thaivisa,everybody keep up the restaurant reviews !!

We have been there lately in party of 5 &6 the service has been perfect ,the food has always been a real experence!

I have never had to check anything and most important my wallet when we go there. Prices are a very good deal.

The best fillet in town at 350 baht with the mushroom sauce is out of this world!

Edited by zuzkate

Anyone care to share the location for us occasional visitors?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...8.810037,99.005

If you click on this link to Greenside's Map look for DK Books in the list at the left. This is NEAR the beginning of Loi Kroh Road and Marco's is about 100 metres down on the left before Raming Lodge You may have to resize the map. It comes up in all shapes and sizes.

Edited by Asmerom

Did that a few months ago and got locked in :D

Security let us out (20b for his trouble)...they lock the gates at 8pm

great restaurant though :D

I usually park on the road outside the bookstore

caf

Well, the arrival of that verysame baby closed Marco's before, and in exchange for seating more likely, I can put up with a week.

I lived in Lyon for two years not too long ago (some say the eating capital of France), and traveled a good deal, eating at those restaurants that got red "R's" - later Bibs in the Michelin Guide.

With Marco, I'm always made reminiscent by the main dish, usually by shallots, and butter or cream, of those restaurants. I caught scallops (WITH) roe one night on a special. Moreover, compared with Euro-prices.... Well, I'm prepared to park and hike however far as is necessary, even many kilometers, my motorbike. (There can be a difficulty with its motor struggling to carry me home after a meal there.) Wine in lol is another story.

I can only assume this was rendered into English with 'google translate'

With Marco, I'm always made reminiscent by the main dish, usually by shallots, and butter or cream, of those restaurants.

Quite! Any offers on meaning?

Sorry to have submitted such a confusing sentence. I have formed the poor habit of writing e-mail without pausing to edit it.

Traditional French sauces (ignoring the new health fads/realities) are rich - and involve the use of shallots. I love them anyway.

Marcos does wonderful sauces too. I might have been more specific by saying that what I find under the sauces to be excellent, seafood or meat. Moreover, the "main" attraction is balanced by vegetables that are fresh and good.

Lesson learned: In e-mailing, haste makes waste.

But there was profit in it. Now I will tell friends that I was "Googled" recently

I usually park on the road outside the bookstore

caf

Do you mean you park IN the main road going around the moat--Kotchasarn Road, I think, at that point ?

The food is worth the hike this place is CM best we think now.

Yesterday we had several dishes that were so very good this food is like no other place for the presentation,taste and COST.

Thanks Thai Visa!!

the waitress said 7-8 March is the re open which is hard to believe.

if Marco can pull this off he has not only owns, operates and manages the best restaurant in CM but also manages ,runs the quickest Thai construction crews in Cm too!

. Regardless , good things come to those who can wait somebody said once....

• 2 weeks later...

The food is worth the hike this place is CM best we think now.

Yesterday we had several dishes that were so very good this food is like no other place for the presentation,taste and COST.

Thanks Thai Visa!!

the waitress said 7-8 March is the re open which is hard to believe.

if Marco can pull this off he has not only owns, operates and manages the best restaurant in CM but also manages ,runs the quickest Thai construction crews in Cm too!

. Regardless , good things come to those who can wait somebody said once....

Youre not Marco by any chance?

Edited by uptheos