New Orleans Cafe

Spaniel

As a Samui resident having just enjoyed my first ever visit to Pattaya, I have to say that on Friday evening I came across the Cafe New Orleans where I ordered a half rack of blackened baby back ribs. Wow, what a portion with fries and corn on the cob.

The ribs were delicious.

Halfway through the meal I asked if I could try some of their BBQ sauce.

The result was not just a portion of sauce but another portion of BBQ ribs 'on the house'.

That's what I call service and good customer relations.

Cannot recommend them too highly, give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

Good on you yorkie100.

I must admit that I never tried the ribs only the steaks, which was very disappointing compared to other places on prices/quality.

Maybe the owner have seen this topic and getting up to speed :)

Speaking of ribs, any recent reports from the Great American Rib Company? I haven't been there lately.

Been there three times. The first two times were so good that I couldn't wait to get back. The third time was so disgusting that I won't ever go back. And I ordered the exact same things!

Good luck with that joint...

Started to go many years ago, then had a bad one and some home delivery was terrible. With their high prices, I didn't give them the chance to send out more bad food and waste thousands of baht.

Apparently Bob of the Burger's father is sick and he would rather put his kids in a school back in the USA. It is up for sale. It also went down the toilet quality wise and I had home delivery which was not even cooked. Too big and too expensive seems to be the problem with Bob's though their short lived one in Carrefour with small burgers was what they should have concentrated on.

Haven't been to the Rib Co. for different reasons so cannot comment.

Speaking of ribs, any recent reports from the Great American Rib Company? I haven't been there lately.

Been there three times. The first two times were so good that I couldn't wait to get back. The third time was so disgusting that I won't ever go back. And I ordered the exact same things!

Good luck with that joint...

Well I agree there are inconsistent, but very good when they are very good. The worse thing I ever got there was a super stale hamburger bun, not exactly disgusting, but certainly bad.

New Orleans isn't bad place, actually I think its quite good. (never had the ribs mind you) No harm trying and forming your own opinion?

I like the ribs and New Orleans café too!

I think that their ribs are great, very tender that you don't even need a knife. Huge portion and very reasonable price with what they're serving. I've been there a couple of times and again I was there a week ago and had their blackened ribs . . . huh. . . 'twas superb!