Budget Airlines

johna

I am planning a trip to Singapore on JetAsia but have been informed that this airline though advertises Singapore really goes to Johore Bahru,

any information on this or other budget airlines appreaciated

of course they go to CHANGI airport in Singapore. its a SG-based airline, so why they should go to Malaysia. they dont even have any landing rights there. I wonder who gave you such a nonsense-information. BTW, the name of the airline is jetSTARasia. QANTAS is involved in this airline, as far as I know. they just started operating few months ago but have a very good name and use new aircrafts, same as the SG-based TIGER airways. not like the 30 year old scary JUMBOS of 1-2-go by ORIENT THAI who try to make it to Hongkong every day.....hahaha

Their website indicates that they operate out of Terminal 1 at Changi Airport in Singapore.  I see no mention whatsoever of Sultan Ismail Airport in Senai (Johor Bahru).

i flew jetstar last week bkk to singpore no problem

just to add i would tell anyone not to fly airasia .. flights are always delayed and i got charged 400 baht for over luggage from chiang rai - bkk .. despite me explaining abut the delay on the imbound service ... i when i got on the plain it was half empty .. so obviously plenty of room for luggage .. stupid people coz i fly quite regularly and so does my friend and we both will never fly with them again ... so they made 400 baht but lost a whole lot more

CLIP MY WINGS: THAI AIR ASIA is 100% crap......delays, bad pilots, schedule changes frequently without further notice.... but the real AIR ASIA, which is based in Malaysia, is absolutely reliable and okay.....I did fly 20 times with Malaysian AIR ASIA, and never had any problems, and did fly 10 times with THAKSIN AIR ASIA , and 50% of the flights had any kind of problems (though not safety), like schedule changes, delays and so on...... and that flight BKK to Kota Kinabalu in December 2547 where the aircraft fell/drop off the runway while landing during heavy rainfall was a THAI AIR ASIA plane too, not a Malaysian (thanks god no casualties though)

Best I found. Works WW:

http://www.whichbudget.com/

I am planning a trip to Singapore on JetAsia but have been informed that this airline though advertises Singapore really goes to Johore Bahru,

any information on this or other budget airlines appreaciated

Thats a great site,never come accross it before.

I remember in the UK there was a site that would search all the budget routes and link them up,say one way with easyjet then come back ryanne air,all bookable on one site.It may have been this one

http://www.flightful.com/

1-2-go by Orient Thai safe ? Haha....one of the best jokes I ever heard in a topic about airline safety...... I think its the most risky thing you can do in Thailand at the moment...... they use 30 year old JUMBO-747.....didnt u read the many scary stores about them in any travel- or airtraffic-messageboard everywhere ? but anyway, its all destiny.....maibpenrai.....maybe I will fly 12go as well and go to HongKong.....its DEAD CHEAP......4600 incl. all taxes..... I will light a candle before take off...... :o

I'm not a plane mechanic, but a friend of mine is one and he says AGE has not too much to done with planes. SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE does....

That does not say ANYTHING about One-Two Go though...

1-2-go by Orient Thai safe ? Haha....one of the best jokes I ever heard in a topic about airline safety...... I think its the most risky thing you can do in Thailand at the moment...... they use 30 year old JUMBO-747.....didnt u read the many scary stores about them in any travel- or airtraffic-messageboard everywhere ? but anyway, its all destiny.....maibpenrai.....maybe I will fly 12go as well and go to HongKong.....its DEAD CHEAP......4600 incl. all taxes..... I will light a candle before take off......  :o

in that case, AGE of the aircraft is bad, and SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE is bad as well......a Farang pilot cant help you much then (which good and experienced pilot would work for a 3rd class Asian budget-airline..... salary 6000 Baht a month ? 7000 even ? :D ) .....well, one good thing is, at last he will be able to talk to the passengers in proper English before iniciating the emergency landing :o

They're using 747-100s that even african airlines don't use anymore, and Tristars that are barely more than a pile of aircraft parts flying in formation. The race of the pilot has nothing to do with it. In fact the "safe falung" you are getting is likely one who couldn't get a job with a western airline, rather than one of the better Thai pilots.

Silly logic if you ask me.

cv

I like to use One-Two-Go (orient Thai) because they usually have a Falang pilot. Safer methinks.

They're using 747-100s that even african airlines don't use anymore, and Tristars that are barely more than a pile of aircraft parts flying in formation. The race of the pilot has nothing to do with it. In fact the "safe falung" you are getting is likely one who couldn't get a job with a western airline, rather than one of the better Thai pilots.

Silly logic if you ask me.

cv

I like to use One-Two-Go (orient Thai) because they usually have a Falang pilot. Safer methinks.

Well, a wise man once said itis better to keep silent and be thought a fool than too pen your mouth and remove all doubt..... So I will open my mouth in defense of many of those "falang" pilots and because I can speak to you first hand (I used to be one of them!) I know that I am not a fool... I would fly with one of those farang pilots any day - it is their expertise and far more advanced western training that keeps those planes flying against many odds - including substandard support from their respective managements (the mechanics are not so bad ... but they are not given the parts to patch the machines up), and a Thai Air Traffic Control system that is often laughable at best!

They're using 747-100s that even african airlines don't use anymore, and Tristars that are barely more than a pile of aircraft parts flying in formation.

Another error in your point mate - the last time I saw a 1-2- Go 747... it was not a 747-100... rather a 747-200... and I think they even had a -300. Do you know the difference? The only Thai carrier that now uses the Tri-Star (the Lockheed L1011, a fantastic craft in its day - Yes, I even flew it in its heyday - but wouldn't now!!!) is ThaiSky....

They do have a 200 and a 300, but also 100s. Yes, I know the difference. Orient Thai still has Tristars registered, but I've only seen them fly in the high season.

Do some research and don't get so uppity.

cv

They're using 747-100s that even african airlines don't use anymore, and Tristars that are barely more than a pile of aircraft parts flying in formation.

Another error in your point mate - the last time I saw a 1-2- Go 747... it was not a 747-100... rather a 747-200... and I think they even had a -300. Do you know the difference? The only Thai carrier that now uses the Tri-Star (the Lockheed L1011, a fantastic craft in its day - Yes, I even flew it in its heyday - but wouldn't now!!!) is ThaiSky....

They do have a 200 and a 300, but also 100s. Yes, I know the difference. Orient Thai still has Tristars registered, but I've only seen them fly in the high season.

Do some research and don't get so uppity.

Ahh yes... the old addage proves it itself one more time!!!!!! :o There is NO doubt