Apple Ipad 3g Now Available In Thailand

Sunbelt Asia

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to MBK today and asked at three different little shops ...

iPad 3G 32GB are quoted at Baht 39,000... (thats like a Baht 15,000 premium over US prices)

if it was Baht 29,000 I would grab one...but Ill wait for now and save for the iPhone 4G (in June or July?)

I went to MBK today and asked at three different little shops ...

iPad 3G 32GB are quoted at Baht 39,000... (thats like a Baht 15,000 premium over US prices)

if it was Baht 29,000 I would grab one...but Ill wait for now and save for the iPhone 4G (in June or July?)

Yep, I think exactly the same. The iPad prices will fall if iPhone 4G is out and iPads in Singapore will be available. it's better to wait 2 month more.

The iPad prices will fall if iPhone 4G is out

Not really sure in the logic with that. Two separate devices cannot see the new iphone having any effect on the iPad prices. Previous model iPhone models of course will be affected.

The iPad prices will fall if iPhone 4G is out

Not really sure in the logic with that. Two separate devices cannot see the new iphone having any effect on the iPad prices. Previous model iPhone models of course will be affected.

Yeah, they won't fall. iPad prices seem to be up from before, maybe more awareness, maybe the media coverage of the frenzy in Japan and Australia? Seems like supply will be restricted for some time to come. iPad is going to be a bit of a sleeper hit... the more they spread around, and the more people find out what they can do with them (or why they need one) the more they'll sell.

Certainly creates a lot of interest when pulling it out in public places...

get the True 3G unlimited for 599 baht per month....much better deal....

What's the reliability and coverage like? Speed is ok?

I have 1-2 call unlimited for THB 999. Tried to switch to True a two months ago, but they said it was only in combination with an iphone from them

(which i do not have).

Anybody knows if this has changed?

get the True 3G unlimited for 599 baht per month....much better deal....

What's the reliability and coverage like? Speed is ok?

I have 1-2 call unlimited for THB 999. Tried to switch to True a two months ago, but they said it was only in combination with an iphone from them

(which i do not have).

probably not. but what you can do is sign up for the unlimited internet blackberry package for 599 from AIS. call them, say you want to switch to the bb package. when they ask, tell them you have a blackberry. they take your word for it. 400 baht per month saved.

(which i do not have).

Not just for iphone you can buy the sim and number with this package.

What is the best unlimited 3g/EDGE/ GPRS package just now, I take it that both can work with the Iphone 3gs and the Ipad 3g

will the rates / offer change when new iphone 4 is out?

Went to MBK yesterday and despite all my rationalizing to myself couldn't help it- walked out with a 64GB iPad. So far works like a dream woke up early so I could play with it before I needed to get to office. Looks great esp with the Apple cover, screen is gorgeous and is really snappy. Early raves-

- ebooks are amazing to read. iBooks looks fantastic but right now cant buy any books in Thailand other than the free downloads, but downloaded the Kindle app and started reading a novel. Was always a purist about needing a 'real' book but may change my mind

- Pages is great- am a writer so this matters a lot to me but the software is great and i may just get all my writing at least when I'm on the road done on this

Am sure there will be glitches but let me enjoy my honeymoon period! For the 3G the lady at the shop told me to get imobile and she cut the SIM for me. Will test out coverage today.

Just one question to folks- how do i get DVD movies onto the iPad.

Cheers

Went to MBK yesterday and despite all my rationalizing to myself couldn't help it- walked out with a 64GB iPad. So far works like a dream woke up early so I could play with it before I needed to get to office. Looks great esp with the Apple cover, screen is gorgeous and is really snappy. Early raves-

- ebooks are amazing to read. iBooks looks fantastic but right now cant buy any books in Thailand other than the free downloads, but downloaded the Kindle app and started reading a novel. Was always a purist about needing a 'real' book but may change my mind

- Pages is great- am a writer so this matters a lot to me but the software is great and i may just get all my writing at least when I'm on the road done on this

Am sure there will be glitches but let me enjoy my honeymoon period! For the 3G the lady at the shop told me to get imobile and she cut the SIM for me. Will test out coverage today.

Just one question to folks- how do i get DVD movies onto the iPad.

Cheers

hi...did you buy the 64GB 3G iPad at MBK? can I ask how much? I shopped around last weekend and saw the 32GB 3G iPad, but they wanted Baht 39,000 which I thought was too much....

@Trajan I got mine for 42k after much bargaining- considering 32gb sells at 39 and the number of movies I intend to store not a bad deal

@nikster the original Apple cover was very hard to come by- looked at a dozen stores till I found one- @3900 but well worth it

I got mine for 42k after much bargaining- considering 32gb sells at 39 and the number of movies I intend to store not a bad deal

....that's kinda steep for me.....I think I'll wait for the official launch in HK next month....I have to be there anyway for a meeting....hopefully the iPad 3G 64GB will be closer in price to US$830....

Edited by Raptor7

@nikster the original Apple cover was very hard to come by- looked at a dozen stores till I found one- @3900 but well worth it

Arggghhhhh.... <deleted> it's $39 at Apple... oh well but 3-4 weeks shipping in the USA Apple store, so I guess they're totally out of stock everywhere. People must be making a killing on ebay :)

QUOTE (alexfishbed @ 2010-06-04 21:23:55) @nikster the original Apple cover was very hard to come by- looked at a dozen stores till I found one- @3900 but well worth it

Arggghhhhh.... <deleted> it's $39 at Apple... oh well but 3-4 weeks shipping in the USA Apple store, so I guess they're totally out of stock everywhere. People must be making a killing on ebay wink.gif

Ipad official cases area available by their hundreds in HK.