60 Day Tourist Visa?

Ok, this may get a bit confusing, so Ill just ask away. I applied to go to Australia this winter on a 6 month tourist visa. They declined and gave me a paper thing in my passport book for 3 months. Because of that, the ticket I had was useless, so now I am looking to go to Thailand and SE Asia for a few months. I was there for about a month last year, and want to stay in Thailand for a longer period of time(60-90days would be good). I found that consulate page that says you can get a 60 day visa with the application and someone said they could get another 30 day extension somewhere along the way. Great, thats really what I was looking for. Now, for the questions. Where do you get the extra 30 day extension for the 60 day? If you do get both the 60 and 30 visas, does that mean you must leave thailand afterwards and not be allowed back in for a period of time? And finally, what about the paper visa I have in my passport for Australia. Is this going to be an issue at all when I send in the passport for the Thai visa? Thank you so much for any and all help you can give me. Cheers!

The only thing is, its not an ETA, its a paper visa that takes up(and is attached to) an entire page in my passport book. Thats one of the things that worry me. Also, is that immigration place the one on soi son plu(sp)? the one you go to to get the extra 10 day extension for the 30 day visa?

The only thing is, its not an ETA, its a paper visa that takes up(and is attached to) an entire page in my passport book. Thats one of the things that worry me.

Another visa for another country is no problem at all. If you are in Bangkok at the time you would use Suan Plu but you could use any, such as Phuket, Chiang Mai etc. if more convenient.