All It Took Was 1 Phone Call For A Thai Bike Dealer

Kf6vci

Hi All,

today, I was hanging out in the bike shop which is working on my Africa Twin. The English speaking boss had a laptop on so I showed him some bike ads. He called the seller of a Steed 400. Then he was on the phone for another 10 minutes.

Turns out, he checked the Green book and found it to be a fake.

would be great if every body could check a Green book my making one quick phone call! Not sure whom he called though. but I gather this is not an option for a farang

Ride on,

Chris

55000 thb for a steed 400 with a green book??? The price either suggests a very old and "outdated bike" or forged nr's on the bike (or book) ....just because some dealers phone call doesn't mean shi*t to me, have a look yourself in company of some knowledgable Thai Person or simply go to the Land transportation office with the bike and have it checked there. The fact that you rely just on someone's phonecall is not proving anything at all...hel_l, maybe the guy who phoned in for you didn't want you to get a cheap steed (because he may also have one for sale?) and told you a fairytale? Would ya know???

If you like the bike go and have a look at the place check first the obvious thing and give paymet after the transfer only ....

hope that helps,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

The price alone indicates that theres something wrong..

Some badly done books can be found out that simply (its not a honda series frame number) but many cannot.. Its not a case of 'any Thai dealer can pick up the phone and find out this secret we cannot' its just a case that being experienced he knows what to look for and what to ask.

I am sort of looking for a Steed or something a bit bigger/better than my Phantom but if I was offered a Steed for 55,000 baht with a green book I would be looking for the big rat that I could smell.

With respect to all you bikers that know more than me (about 85 or 90%) I wouldn't touch it with a 10 metre pole.

I bought a 400 Steed from a fellow Farang for under that amount, but it was a clean 'project bike' that took a further 30k spent on it. It has a correct green book and its twice been looked at at the Transport Office, who confirmed everything is legal.

Just thought I'd mention it.

I am sort of looking for a Steed or something a bit bigger/better than my Phantom but if I was offered a Steed for 55,000 baht with a green book I would be looking for the big rat that I could smell.

With respect to all you bikers that know more than me (about 85 or 90%) I wouldn't touch it with a 10 metre pole.

Personally, I'd still be interested if I wanted a Steed. If you are happy with the bike, I would just make a deal to go with the seller to ministry to transfer the name. If they have no problem with it, THEN you pay the seller. If its good enough for the gov't, its good enough for me.

Personally, I'd still be interested if I wanted a Steed. If you are happy with the bike, I would just make a deal to go with the seller to ministry to transfer the name. If they have no problem with it, THEN you pay the seller. If its good enough for the gov't, its good enough for me.

Mostly Steeds WITH a green book go for 100,000 + baht so if someone is selling one cheaply then I would suspect that there are major problems in the offing.

Also for something like that I would go with the seller to the land transport department anyway before I pay because if there IS a problem it will not be my problem.