Forum Issues And Suggestions

sbk

It's pretty hard to distinguish between pinned topics and regular forum topics. Maybe you could put a dark border between or give the pinned topics a different background color. Except for all the ads and added stuff on the right hand side of screen, I like the new format.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's pretty hard to distinguish between pinned topics and regular forum topics. Maybe you could put a dark border between or give the pinned topics a different background color. Except for all the ads and added stuff on the right hand side of screen, I like the new format.

A separator/divider was added yesterday, if you don't see it please clean your cache and CTRL+F5

My profile page is a dogs breakfast. Is my picture too big? :)

SUGGESTION:

Yes, but there should be an automatic resize.

Does it show up top left next to your nick?

Edited by PoorSucker

A separator/divider was added yesterday, if you don't see it please clean your cache and CTRL+F5

Hi 'tomat',

The separator/divider is not there for me and I have done what you mentioned on 2 computers, could be ie7.0 not showing it?

Screen shot below:-

post-3770-070742500 1275994538_thumb.jpg

Thank you for all of your hard work 'tomat' :)

Suggestion:

on the view new content page there is no possibility to go to another forum unless you click on one of the topics.Would be nice to have at the bottom of the page the same option as on the forum pages to jump to any forum.

Same counts for the messenger page.

Edited by basjke

Is this going to allow us to childishly zap and boost people's reputation points?

I can see that giving rise to lots of fun in the future. It adds greatly to the futile, unnecessary clutter and peurile bickering on another forum that I used to follow. I know this is probably standard on the software, but maybe we (you (one?)) could disable it?

SC

Hi 'tomat',

The separator/divider is not there for me and I have done what you mentioned on 2 computers, could be ie7.0 not showing it?

Screen shot below:-

post-3770-070742500 1275994538_thumb.jpg

Thank you for all of your hard work 'tomat' :)

Hi Kan, other members report this and I suspect it could be an ISP caching issue. Give it another day and then clear your cache again and see if it shows up,

It is visible for me regardless of which browser I use.

I use Gmail, which groups separate received email messages into a single "thread" based on the email message subject text.

Previously, the email notification of replies from here had the text "Topic Subscription Reply Notification ( Thailand Forum )", so Gmail successfully grouped up to 61 email reply notifications into one thread (appearing as a single line in the Inbox), preventing screen clutter.

But now the subject text has been changed to "[username] replied to ", so gmail no longer groups the messages into a thread because the username causes the subject text to be different. So those of us who use gmail are now seeing a lot of clutter in our Inbox.

The way to fix this would be to change the subject text to "Reply to ". Gmail would then group all messages of a particular subscribed topic into a single email thread in our Inbox.

Edited by hyperdimension

Issue: How to add "PM This Member" and "Add As Friend" icons to my avatar area?

I see most people have Add As Friend, PM This Member, and View Blog icons beneath their User ID/Avatar. I only have the View Blog icon and I can't figure out how to add the PM This Member icon. I did go to Settings, Notificaitons and ensured the setting was correct to allow member to PM me.

Edit: Well, I use to have a View Blog icon but apparently that has disappeared after viewing this post. Now I don't have any icons under my User ID/avatar area.

Edited by Pib

Whatever multi page thread I try to access, I can only view page 1. Clicking on 2 or another number, or on the arrow meaning next page, or on "Last", or on one of the numbers in the drop down menu, only makes page 1 pop up once more. For obvious reasons I don't know if others have raised this issue already.

Whatever multi page thread I try to access, I can only view page 1. Clicking on 2 or another number, or on the arrow meaning next page, or on "Last", or on one of the numbers in the drop down menu, only makes page 1 pop up once more. For obvious reasons I don't know if others have raised this issue already.

Yes, had the same issue but obviously has cleared as I'm responding to your post. :) Short lived glitch it appears.

Having all these issues in one thread means I'm not going to read the previous 5 pages of posts to see if anyone else has reported that RSS feeds are totally broken. Anyway, in case it hasn't been reported...ummm, RSS feeds are broken. Thanks.

On the little arrow to the right of your Name, to the left of My Settings, you can Click 'My Contents'. There you can view your last 100's of Posts. Prepare to underwhelmed!:)

Not nearly as useful as the former "My Assistant" that allowed one to go directly to one's last 10 posts. This function only lets you see the thread, and then one must hunt down the last post to see the responses. Thus I join with the others who would like to see the functionality of "My Assistant" drop down menu returned. I urge the admins to reconsider this issue.

I stand corrected and apologize to the admins as this function does indeed take you to your last post in a thread. Change is sometimes difficult for middle aged curmudgeons to accept with grace.

Hi Kan, other members report this <snip>.

It is visible for me regardless of which browser I use.

Hi 'sbk',

Any chance of a sneak preview then ?

Sawadee :)

Suggestion:-

Kan we please have back our '"open new window/tab" open automatically' when we click on an attachement or a link in a post like before.

Thanking you for taking care of this problem.

Sawadee :)

Edited by Kan Win

Yes, had the same issue but obviously has cleared as I'm responding to your post. :) Short lived glitch it appears.

So far it's not short lived as I've been having this problem about 90% of the time since the upgrade, to include all day today. Seems you have to click page 1, then page 2, then page 3, etc., to get to the Last Page even when you read through all the posts. It's like returning to square one each time.

i cannot change my profile picture (not avatar picture). the one that shows up there in the top left.

Only you can see it, try clearing your cache memory by hitting {F5} or {CTRL} (F5}

Edited by PoorSucker

i cannot change my profile picture (not avatar picture). the one that shows up there in the top left.

Only you can see it, try clearing your cache memory by hitting {F5} or {CTRL} (F5}

Thanks it worked a treat! :)

Issue--Toolbar is not displaying up-to-date Topics--in fact, mine is still displaying the topics from pre-'upgrade'.

When attempting to click on a topic or response my whole browser locks up until Thaivisa has loaded.

Generally, not at all keen on this change--all for changes that improve things but this.....

Issue: How to add "PM This Member" and "Add As Friend" icons to my avatar area?

I see most people have Add As Friend, PM This Member, and View Blog icons beneath their User ID/Avatar. I only have the View Blog icon and I can't figure out how to add the PM This Member icon. I did go to Settings, Notificaitons and ensured the setting was correct to allow member to PM me.

Edit: Well, I use to have a View Blog icon but apparently that has disappeared after viewing this post. Now I don't have any icons under my User ID/avatar area.

You have all three mentioned icons under your name, but for obvious reasons it is not possible to PM yourself nor add yourself as a friend :)

The new format looks OK. Might take some time but after a week we'll all forget what the old one was like.

Any particular reason the poster "Location' has been removed from the posters box on the left? I know we can click to view the posters profile but that is extra work.

Not a biggy but if I am considering helping someone by answering a question it helps to know where they are. No good thinking about replying if they are in Udorn and my experience is in BKK.

Edited by VocalNeal

My profile page is a dogs breakfast. Is my picture too big? :)

The photo of your great-granddaughter in your profile looks OK on my screen:

post-88861-095104400 1276031877_thumb.gi

...as long as I don't enlarge the font too much:

post-88861-034386400 1276032002_thumb.gi

Yes, it appears to be okay, I need to have TV on full screen mode & its okay, when I shrink it down to half size, the picture is a little too big.

Bit hard for me to have a great grand daughter that age, i am young enuf not even to be able to have a daughter that age. :D