England World Cup Discussion Thread

mommysboy

On youth football the player who is over six foot at 13/14 who can head the ball 40 yards, can run quickly and put the boot in, is picked by the scouts the youngster whose short a bit weedy but with lovely close control is let go. In a kids game for 10 year olds if someone boots the ball 80 yards everyone says well done, if they did that on the continent the coaches would say what are you doing. Also the imperative to win in youth football in the UK is unbelievable the screaming and shouting from the parents, as a consequence of this the kids are terrified to try anything like taking on an opponent and if they did try to take on an opponent the coach would scream blue murder at them. Youth football should be about developing skills close control, dribbling not winning at all cost. Its been mentioned before on this thread about the age that English kids start playing on full size pitches, too young.

On the FA the only ex footballer working high up in the FA is Trevor Brooking, apart from him the FA is made up of the old boys network of toffs Sir this and Lord that, what do any of them know about football. What do they know about organising a youth system to produce players who are good enough not just to win a world cup but to play in the premier league.

Its time to kill the so called English way of playing the high tempo direct attacking play, its been shown now that England will never win anything playing this way. The over emphasis on the physical aspect of the game has hampered footballs development in this country Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis I'm looking at you.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW. Our new signing Boetang (sp) looked good. Well impressed the way he totally blotted out Milner. Whom I hope we don't buy.

Well b4 the tread descends in to abstraction and irrelevence: 2 things that must be clarified.

1. In this world Cup England ( and the defence in particular) were abject!, abject!!, abject!!! It can't go on.

2. That refereeing blunder was probably the worst in the history of the world cup!!! It can't go on.

Al Jazeera says the South Africans are expecting violence between German and English supporters tonight ...

Well for sure it will not be Germans causing/starting it.

Your absolutely right. The Germans have never started anything..........oh.....wait a minute..... <_<

What an absolute stupid comment.

Reality check sweetheart - these are the modern Germans - decent non-antagonistic human beings.

Sorry for the disallowed goal, but England did not deserve to win this game. They were looking like an old steam locomotive, no inspiration, no passing, no creativity and no speed.

I am still cheered up by the German Team, speed changes, super dangerous in counter attacks and simply another, more modern way of playing the game. Did you know that the almighty Premier League is investing less money than the Bundesliga in supporting young talents? Keep on paying astronomic salaries to old or/and foreign superstars, but don't expect that they will contribute anything good to the English National team.

Maybe the reason for that is the Bundesliga cant attract the " foreign superstars " and they have to invest in the youth ?? But i do agree the German team did look good today on the counter attack, And if Argentina go through it should be a good game to watch.

Yes the Bundesliga is not controled by foreign Tycoons whu are just interested in making money but don't care about the development of the national football. Just look at all the superstars in this worldcup! Rooney, Ronaldo....nothing great. Maybe Germany is even lucky that Ballack is out, this creates a great opportunity for the young to show their skills and responsibility.

Al Jazeera says the South Africans are expecting violence between German and English supporters tonight ...

Your absolutely right. The Germans have never started anything..........oh.....wait a minute..... <_<

You have the brain of an elephant. Stupid comment as you might realized by yourself already.

What has history (politically) has to do with football or bad behavior of "supporters"?

Isn't it best to talk about the game, and its footballing aftermath, instead of speculation from a non-european media regarding two euro teams.

On that point, first the Irish and the English, is there some conspiracy theory regarding certain power blocks with footballing hierarchy, namely flatter & blahtini?

Just heard it from frank lampard's mouth on tv, that wayne rooney is ONE of the best players in the world :cheesy: ,at least franks got a sense of humor::lol:

Tevez is da man,argentina to win ,all da way

Edited by yeesipha

The " goal that wasn't" incident is bad in two separate ways.

In the context of the game, it did change the way England played and the outcome would obviously have been closer.

But at the end of the day I still think the Germans were the better team and the " incident " will give some in the FA ( and the team ) an excuse to hide behind and mask their total incompetence

No question the Germans were far better than England who have had a disastrous World Cup.

But once again a game was marred by a disgraceful decision when the ball was a foot over the line at least. ( Shades of the "Spurs goal" at Old Trafford a few years ago. At the very least there should be goalline officials as in the Europa League.

In tonights game another shocking decision for the first Argentine goal by Tevez when he was clearly offside. Interesting to see if Blatter will have comments on these in next few days.

He seemed to think the French handball against Ireland was very humerous. I hope the little

b.....ks gets hammered over the latest clanger.

Congrats to the Germans, who played cleanly and employed their tactics perfectly.

Haven't seen enough replays myself but have been told that the first goal by the Germans was off-side. Anyone know?

Nothing can be said about the goal that wasn't given that hasn't been said already really. It was at a time when we were on the up and had it stood, the complexion of the game changes a lot.

My feeling however in all honesty is that the Germans still would have won. They looked like they had a few more gears they could have stepped up to.

Super-sub Heskey?! What a nonsense.

Big changes are now required for England. They need to sit down and start from scratch. First change should be getting an English manager.

Anyway, like i say congratulations to the Germans. I'll be cheering you to beat Argentina.

Congrats to the Germans, who played cleanly and employed their tactics perfectly.

Haven't seen enough replays myself but have been told that the first goal by the Germans was off-side. Anyone know?

Nothing can be said about the goal that wasn't given that hasn't been said already really. It was at a time when we were on the up and had it stood, the complexion of the game changes a lot.

My feeling however in all honesty is that the Germans still would have won. They looked like they had a few more gears they could have stepped up to.

Big changes are now required for England. They need to sit down and start from scratch. First change should be getting an English manager.

Anyway, like i say congratulations to the Germans. I'll be cheering you to beat Argentina.

You can't be off-side from a goal kick (or corner, or throw in).

[quote name='ThaiPauly' The "Goal That wasn't" cancels out our 1966 goal ...so we can't complain too much. Germany were by far the better team on the day...Rooney has been the worst player to wear an England shirt in World Cup History... He has been absolute &lt;deleted&gt; in all 4 games. Where do we go from here? Home I suppose...gotta feel for all the fans who payed good money to watch this bunch of overpaid losers

No... the goal that cancels out the 1966 goal, was the goal made by the Dworf Maradonna by his hand. This goal I consider was the absolutely worst I have ever seen in TV. Today with all teqnik. Do like in Hockey or Amerikan fotball or whatever. use a f-ng camera and stop the game and go back and look.

It is far to important these games just to trust a tired linesman out there....Thaipauly.... I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.. but I dont think that you and me saw the very same game yesterday.

How come you go after one single player. And that in a team were NOTHING worked out on the field. Besides that, in my opinion Rooney was not that bad at all. In fact he was the ONLY one in the offensive that managed to receive the ball and keep it. He created by that at least 6 free kicks that mr Lampard spread all over South-Africa....

In my opinion England lack tempo, speed smartness and scill in this game. I do however think that England will raise next time and kick ass in World cup wherever that might be. I sincerely hope however that England will stick to their headcoach and not change again.

And not give Capello same shit treatment that they gave Mr Sven.Goran Eriksson. I at least remember the result between Germany and England that time......Good luck next time guys....

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

Just heard it from frank lampard's mouth on tv, that wayne rooney is ONE of the best players in the world :cheesy: ,at least franks got a sense of humor::lol:

Rooney has had a very bad tournament (he's not alone in that by the way), but we are talking about four games in his career. Important games yes, but they don't suddenly wipe out all of the other games he's ever played in, in which he has on most occasions been world class.

the last english manager didn't even get them to euro 2008. fail to see how appointing an inferior manager would immediately improve things. the problems with english football are far, far more deep-set and systemic than the nationality of the manager.

What will happen to Capello now? England need a complete change-over but is he the right guy to build up a new team with young and hungry players?

who are these young and hungry players? jack rodwell and jack wilshire can't do it on their own.

Comical, schoolboy performance. Something between a schoolboy team and a pub team.

Defense was pathetic, ripped to shreds. Is Terry the slowest center back in the world?

Had to laugh when he brings on Heskey and Wright Philips.....says it all.

Added to this, when is the FA doing to understand, we play too much football and we just were'nt in the same physical condition as the German side.

What will happen to Capello now? England need a complete change-over but is he the right guy to build up a new team with young and hungry players?

Capello knows he's going nowhere with this team. He's only interest now being paid vast sums of money to leave and for public pressure to be put on the FA to pay him to go.

the last english manager didn't even get them to euro 2008. fail to see how appointing an inferior manager would immediately improve things. the problems with english football are far, far more deep-set and systemic than the nationality of the manager.

who are these young and hungry players? jack rodwell and jack wilshire can't do it on their own.

Look at the England 'Under 17'. Maybe a bit too early - but there is enough talent around.

Capello knows he's going nowhere with this team. His only interest now being paid vast sums of money to leave and for public pressure to be put on the FA to pay him to go.

There's a very compelling argument to appoint an English manager as I'm sure that there has never been a World Cup winner coached by a foreigner.But that's easier said than done with current crop at our disposal.Hodgson wouldn't want the job now,anyway.

OK....that was definitely a goal at 2-1 with the ball at least 2 ft over the line....Cricket,Rugby and Tennis have camera technology so there is no excuse for Football not to do the same.mad.gif

OK.....For Germanys 3rd goal there was another German player two yards offside when the ball was played to Mueller to score.mad.gif

OK.....there have been some poor refereeing desicions in this tournament and this Uruguayan ref and his linesman have been the worst.mad.gif

But.....none of this should be allowed to cover up what was a truly abject England performance.angry.gif

Upson....what was he doing for the first goal.....a big strong lad easily brushed aside by Klose.....even then he had an opportunity to foul him outside the area.....a free kick and booking certainly but not a goal.

He sort of made amends with Englands goal but even then the ball seemed to hit his forehead and go into the net....not really intended.

Capello....some of his tactical decisions were beyond belief......when he brought on Joe Cole for Milner he continued to play Gerrard on the left (where he is completely wasted) and put Cole on the right.

Replacing Defoe with....Heskey !!!laugh.gif(7 goals in 84 internationals,is it ??)....what about Crouch.....I know we would have still lost but bringing on Heskey is like showing the white flag !

Johnson is never an international standard full back.His England career may well be over along with James,Upson,Barry,Wright-Phillips,Carragher and Heskey but I expect the likes of Terry,Lampard and Gerrard still to be around for Euro 2012,quite simply because there are no adequate replacements at present.

Rooney had a shocker of a tournament but he's still only 25 and,on his day,one of the very few world class players we possess.The trick seems to be getting the best out of him....Capello certainly cant.

Should Capello go?.....there is a very strong case for that but it would be very costly and who is their to replace him with......I know Gary Megson is still available !crying.gif

Finally.....and it is very hard for me to say this.....congratulations to Germany.....you were easily the better team without the dodgy desicionssorry.gif

England simply have a very poor squad to pick from so its no surprise to see a performance like last night's.

Should have been level at half time a poor refereeing decision but its little excuse you were just beaten by a better and much younger German side packed with quality and desire so sadly lacking in your team.

Capello should be sacked for failing to bring anything into this tournament. No drive flair or individual thought....it seemed he was letting the tabloids pick the team!!

And finally..... :lol: Just couldn't resist....

Rooney has had a very bad tournament (he's not alone in that by the way), but we are talking about four games in his career. Important games yes, but they don't suddenly wipe out all of the other games he's ever played in, in which he has on most occasions been world class.

Rooney had no interest in playing for his country in this World Cup.His attitude was appalling throughout the tournament. You can only call a player 'world class' when he performs on the World stage and he has failed dismally on that front.

Just  heard it from frank lampard's mouth on tv, that wayne rooney  is ONE of the best players in the world :cheesy: ,at least franks got a sense of humor::lol:

Rooney had no interest in playing for his country in this World Cup.His attitude was appalling throughout the tournament. You can only call a player 'world class' when he performs on the World stage and he has failed dismally on that front.

I agree Rooney has been off - seems since the no swearing dressing down he got from Capello. 

Good news Oldgit, is at least JT doesn't have to worry about having anyone label him World Class. 

didn't look remotely fit. looked overweight and possibly carrying a knock as well. played too much football for united last season.

You have the brain of an elephant. Stupid comment as you might realized by yourself already.

What has history (politically) has to do with football or bad behavior of "supporters"?

I wasn't talking about the War, if that is what you were insinuating. I was talking about "recent" events of German hooligans in Football.

If they are so well behaved, in 2006 why did Germany have to set up a special task force to deal with violence and racism in German football stadiums? Only about 3 years ago, all German lower league matches were cancelled after about 800 fans attacked 300 police officers. Have you forgotten already about the Germans running riot after a friendly match against Slovenia. Yep, Geman fans are the pillar of the football world and have never started anything !!

Therefore, automatically assuming that it would be England fans who would start any trouble, is still a stupid comment to make. And upto now, I still haven't heard of any trouble following last nights match.