What Minim Salary Required From Aug. 04 ?

Yesterday a friend confused me, declaring that from August 2004 on, everybody holding a work-permit, must have a minimum salary of 50K THB.

I understood that this is only for those applying for the one year visa at an immigration in Thailand.

Those going for a multiple entry visa, doing their 90 days border run, should still have a much lower minimum salary, like mine is 30K now, or not?

My friend sais no, I should read at Thaivisa!

Where does Thaivisa refer to this point?

I read every other day here!

Please give advise,

a confused Aitit

p.s. I'm a german national, near 39,living since 8 years in the south, and working since 6 years legally with work-permit, happy with the non-immig. B multiple entry

:o

Seems that my question is kinda stupid one as nobody takes the effort to reply.

Where does Thai Visa refer to the point, that the minimum salary is going up to 50K for a non immigrant B visa, multiple entry?

Thanks in advance

:o Thanks Loburi3 & Axel!

I must be blindeyed B) also, time for new spectacles, didn't see that search button at all before, you wont believe, I had in mind to suggest something like this.

The link Axel provided, I followed this thread as far as it was possible,(some have to work also), the Colonell was only talking about 1year visa's.

I took the search road also, checked everything ,but didn't find a clear statement concerning multiple entry visa's, only a general statement that from middle of next year all europeans have to pay tax for 50K THB.

Most probably it will be like that, even when my tax adviser tells me the opposit. B)

Means I got to kick my a## :D

Thanx again B)

A friend of mine informs me that as from August 04 ALL expats will be expected to buy 10,000 shares in a Shinawatra family company. Produce the share certificates with your visa application and receive 1 free lottery ticket (valid only on issue of visa). All lottery winnings to be shared with a man called Taksin. Visa expirea after 30 days except when you buy a 12Call package (500baht only) from an approved family outlet. Subscribers to UBC deluxe package go into the draw for a holiday on that new family airline.

Cheers

Capt Krissarat said, “If companies don’t [increase their foreign workers’ wages]because they don’t want to pay their employees more money, they will have problems when they pay tax and when renewing their employees’ visas or work permits.”

I would say the last para of the link I provided makes it quite clear. No work permit without the higher wage would be my reading. But perhaps someone knows otherwise?