Leaving Thailand For A Short Period

TehBen

Hi,

I am working as a teacher on a non-imm B, single entry visa, which I acquired in October 2009. I want to go to Cambodia this weekend for a few days. What do I need to do in order to come back without having to apply for a new visa? Do I need a re-entry permit?

If I do need a re-entry permit, is there a form online that I can download?

How much would it cost me?

I live in Chachoengsao so I guess I can't apply over the internet.

Thanks in advance!

A similar question has been raised in Thai Visa forum sometime ago which can be viewed from this link http://www.thaivisa.com/346.0.html with some few changes as per post below:

If you have an Single entry visa, extension of stay or Permanent Residence and would like to travel outside of Thailand for a short period then a re-entry permit will be needed.

A re-entry permit must be obtained at the immigration office designated for your area. The central Immigration in Bangkok has moved Soi suanplu South Sathorn Road to Chang Wattana Road. When applying for a re-entry permit you will need to submit the following -

* A completed TM-8 form

* The correct fee

* A 2" photo

* Photocopy of passport (main page, visa page and latest entry stamp)

The TM-8 form can be downloaded at http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Current fees for re-entry permit

* 1,000 Baht for single

* 3,800 Baht for multiple

Re-entry permits can be applied for in person or by an agent at Thai Immigration. If an agent is used a letter of attorney is required. The processing time at Thai Immigration in Chang Wattana, can vary from 1 hour to half a day, so if you prefer to queue, apply before lunch so you can pick it up later the same day

Alternatively, if you are in Bangkok and have access to the internet, you can save time by filling out the TM-8 form and emailing it to bkk1_reentry[a]immigration.go.th. You must then visit the Immigration office at Chang Wattana and submit a 2" photo and the correct fee at counter C-2.

Please remember when arriving back into Thailand to note the re-entry permit number on the Immigration arrival card (TM-card), and check that you are stamped in correctly.

[sunbeltlegal][/sunbeltlegal]