90 Days Reporting

I will have to do a 90 days reporting on the 15th of August for the first time. I have a one year extension on a non-O visa due to marriage.

Should I go as close to the 15th as possible to get another 90 days until the 15th of November, or can I go a week before and still get from the 15th?

You can either go few days before 15th aug. or in case you live in BKK you can do it by postal mail latest 10days prior to expiration. check immigration website or call them for detailed information

In case you go there the date when you show up is the startday for next 90 days (not the 15th)

Not sure where you are but if you go to a local office to report donot have to travel or anything like that I would simply go the the date report is due if office will be open. It is a simple process and takes little time. I mail mine in early and loss days accordingly because they always process mine the day they receive it instead of on the reporting day. So I lose days every report. My average is 87 day reports. Especially if it is your first report go and make sure everything is done right. Every office deals with things differently so get to know what your office wants.

As said 7 days either side of the date and the next report is 90 days from the date you reported.

I have a question about this 7 day before or after date. I send my reports in by mail always a few days early. The immigration office always process my report the day they receive it causing me to lose days. So if i send in late will I get the new report dated the day they receive it or will they back date it to the report day of the old report.

If you send late it will likely not be accepted and you will have to report in person and pay fine. That is why you are told to mail a week early. For mail reporting it must arrive before the due date and is always process on that date.

You DO NOT have 7 days before AND after the 90 day calculated date to report again.. One day after the calculated day can bring a fine of up to 5000 THB (new). If it falls on a weekend go and report before that.

If you report by mail then send it 10 days prior to expiration, registered mail is required, as you must keep the receipt in your passport in case the police checks you.

The mail report will be processed on the day of expiration and you will get the new 90days starting from that day. The mail with the new 90days slip returns within 10 days after expiration date.

Im not sure why many people try to do it exactly on the 90th day or expect every time exactly 90 days. Its a regular report (read annoyance) and they give you always 90 extra days.. few days less or more dont change your visa validity as its just a report that youre still alive and in Thailand on registered address. Nothing less and nothing more.

You DO NOT have 7 days before AND after the 90 day calculated date to report again.. One day after the calculated day can bring a fine of up to 5000 THB (new). If it falls on a weekend go and report before that.

Would you care to cite a reference to backup that statement?

Edited by InterestedObserver

If you send late it will likely not be accepted and you will have to report in person and pay fine. That is why you are told to mail a week early. For mail reporting it must arrive before the due date and is always process on that date.

I amnot going to arque this but would like to point out I send in early every time and never once have they processed it on the due date always on the date of arrival so by my experience over the last few years it isnot processsed on due date but on date othey receive it. I have years of photocopy reports to back this up.

That is in Bangkok or elsewhere? Most reports from Bangkok confirm processing is done on 90 day date and there is no lose of time by mailing early. But as with most things having to do with Immigration not everyone will have the same experience.

From ImmigrationWebsite

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

4. The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.

5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Well the immigration police officer was very kind to explain the process on phone to me and also the card states that there is a due date and exceeding the date will result in a fine.

Two years ago I was one day late and had to pay a official fine of 2000THB, got a stamp in my passport and a record in my file.

As of reference: Its written on the 90 days report form and card. Thai implies that its the law.

The last one they sent me had even a new fine regulation of 5000THB mentioned.

The immigration website from Nov 2004 is unfortunately not up to date (specially since they change regulations more often than update their website). There was a new version up and running in 2008 but it was infected with viruses so it was even blocked by Google. After that it dissapeared and they put the old 2004 website online. Unfortunately the dowloadable forms on there are not up to date and the information is also not correct.

(even the phone numbers dont work anymore). Additionally it doesnt work in most modern browsers (best in 10 years old IE6).

My experience is from Bangkok by direct report in person as well as per mail.

Before when the old Immigration was in Sathorn I could take a motorcycle to the immigration but since they moved to the End of the World I prefer to send them the report per registered mail (<40THB) instead of spending 400THB on Taxi.

When sending by mail in BKK they say officially (citing the old website again, lol)

The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to ....

Well the immigration police officer was very kind to explain the process on phone to me and also the card states that there is a due date and exceeding the date will result in a fine.

Two years ago I was one day late and had to pay a official fine of 2000THB, got a stamp in my passport and a record in my file.

That's for reporting by mail, it must be posted no later than 7 days before the renewal date. For reporting in person it's +/- 7 days, see post #13 by Lite Beer.

Edited by InterestedObserver

• 2 months later...

Can anyone comment as to why item 5.2, an excerpt from the Thailand Ministry of Foreign Affairs regarding Non-Immigrant "O-A" Visas, indicates a local police station can be used for 90 day reporting. Neither immigration personnel nor the police seem to be aware of any such procedure.

"5. Recommendations for foreigners with Non-Immigrant Visa "O-A" (Long Stay) while staying in the Kingdom"

"5.2 At the end of the 90-day stay , the foreigner must report to the immigration officer in his or her residence area and report again every 90 days during his or her stay in Thailand. The foreigner may report to the police station if there is no immigration office in his or her residence area."

This would certainly be a major convenience for me as well as many others as immigration offices are few and far between.

I am attaching a rolling 90 day calendar for those that may be interested in quickly finding 90 day intervals. This single sheet pdf file is good for any year and so should be easy to carry around with your visa and reporting stuff. This is just for reference as the person with the stamp will always have the final say.

90 Day Calendar.pdf