If A Neighbor Needed To Put A Hole In Your Home To Fix A Vital Problem ...

Read the OP before voting  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This could apply to condo owners or townhouse owners where there are any SHARED walls.

Supposing a neighbor needed access to your home to cut a hole in a ceiling or wall to fix a vital service for them (for example a plumbing problem where a new pipe was needed) and also suppose there was no legal REQUIREMENT to allow the neighbor access.

Assuming you weren't already a sworn enemy of the neighbor needing this help, would you say yes?

In my case, I would say yes without a thought, it is part of being a good neighbor and a situation where the interdependency is obvious. I would require the hole be restored as close as possible to the original state.

What would you do? If you voted that you would need additional monetary compensation on top of having the hole repaired, how much would you need?

If you would require a guarantee deposit until the hole was fixed to your satisfaction, best choice is Yes as long as long as they promised to fix the hole properly as that isn't asking for added money, only that the damage be fixed.

One more question about THAILAND real estate law. If you were in this situation and your neighbor said no, even if your building/moo ban management didn't enforce any requirement for such cooperation, would there be any chance of FORCING a neighbor to cooperate by filing a lawsuit against them? I don't know on what grounds except that they were being piggies, but anyway, I am just asking.

Edited by Jingthing