Breaking A Big Bike (Gpz 1000 Rx) In Phuket

Kf6vci

Hi Guys:

I sold the frame and Book of the bike. Is there a market for parts, if it's a very rare old bike?

I don't know if parts could be used in the popular GPZ 900 for example etc.

eBay comes to mind. But then someone might want the complete engine for some project.

Those of you in Phuket, is there a market for an engine?

Nok air won't let me haul back some 240 kg of parts, I'm sure :lol:

Carbs, CDI and small stuff fits into the suitcase. shame about the new tires.

Any suggestions as to dispose of the carcass of this bike while getting some pocket change?

Cheers,

Chris

post-7704-029770100 1283065974_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your questions:

fuel tank: 600

the whole engine with the parts asked for, how does 11,000 sound? Add a few grand and you can have it all. Tires with rims, axles, there are a lot of parts on a bike and most are wanted by someone somewhere :rolleyes:

Or make me an offer - the idea of not having to fly over and fool with this is appealing.

Ride on!

Chris

02 501 5185 / 081 935 8789

Do you still have the fuel tank, and if so, what kind of $s?

Ralf, the tank is rusted inside, just that you know. Piston Shop in Chiang Mai knew of no galvanic shop and the local powder paint guru is a farang and then the job would be disproportionately expensive. So I bought stuff named FERTAN to treat the corrosion. but changing fuel filters might be another way to use that tank.

Hence the price of 600. Am not trying to make a killing. The whole saga is an example of what not to do

Buy expensive and cry only once...

Cheers,

Chris

Chris... i will have it of ya for 4,000b if that is a shipped to Nakhom pathom price and includes everything to get it going and running..cdi, carbs,rad,pipes etc. send it thai post.

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

Chris... i will have it of ya for 4,000b if that is a shipped to Nakhom pathom price and includes everything to get it going and running..cdi, carbs,rad,pipes etc. send it thai post.

Allan

Chris. I can't do this know even if ya had wanted to. My builder mech told me the cost of my project. Its to expensive for me. Sorry