If You Are Listening To Music Now..

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'Reverend Black Grape': Black Grape

I had forgotten how great-sounding this band were, I wonder what Shaun and Bez are upto these days?

I hazard a guess at sitting on their <deleted>, mumbling <deleted>, while smoking joints and drinking cans.

the grape and the mondays made some top tunes but shaun and bez didnt contribute much to that. :D

What a load of <deleted> Game, yeah I'll agree in Bez'z case but, Game hello, Shaun Ryder contributed every fookin lyric the Mondays and Grape ever sang.....! Is that not contribution enough for you...... :o

redrus

:D thought you might take that one 'drus!! :D

let me clear this up.

I know shaun was lyricist/vocalist.

what I meant was the good things about black grape and the mondays ie the actual music was down to the other band members.

come on, you're not going to say shaun has a voice of an angel are you? :D

the mondays and black grape = good music, <deleted> vocals. :D

:D

Just think though, what were either without those lyrics....? and, what would they sound like with someone who really could sing. That was the charm....!

that's one way of looking at it. :D

my point is for the supposed legend status given to bez and shaun ryder they are IMO lacking talent and the talent in black grape and the mondays lay with the musicians.

just my 2 satangs. :D

on now:

the verve - come on.

hey 'drus, that richard ashcroft's another one lacking in the talent dept.

:D:D:o

There's a theme developing ere............! :D

redrus

:D

on now:

arctic monkeys - when the sun goes down.

Chuffin talentless no hoper's..... !!!!! :D:D

redrus

Currently listening to this track, quite simply called, "Slow"

It's during a live concert by a guy called Benabar held at the legendary Olympia, and the songs are all LOL funny,

Spoken intro:

We're gonna do a Slow song now.

A Slow song is indispensable if you wanna do show biz, in a repertoire.

BTW Show Biz is an area where there are a lot of Cliche's, preconceptions, you're judged a lot.

They say it's an industry of easy money and easy girls and that's absolutely right.

I'm sitting on a large fortune.

To such a point that I have a hard time politically, I can't really stay with the left anymore!

The world is divided by those, those who have problems with money, and those who have problems with taxes.

We're not all in the same camp. I'm sorry...

Even here in the auditorium, we're in two classes. There are cheaper seats and more expensive seats.... We could say there are the Rich, and the Stingy.

Start song (totally tongue in cheek)

Very funny, and talented musicians with songwriting that gives a good window on the soul.

Tenacious D

Track 10 Kyle Quit The Band

why'd he quit?

the grape and the mondays made some top tunes but shaun and bez didnt contribute much to that. :o

For sure bez contributed nothing to black grape cos he wos never in the line up, but when the modays reformed he was back there.

The mondays were always the better live band because of bez's energy on stage, he was the one that all the punters wanted to see when they went to a gig with the mondays playing.

I think bez contributed alot more than people realize, mention the mondays and the first word on most peoples lips is Bez.

Bez'spopularity is shown in him winning celebrity big brother

MM