Ripping Mixed Compilation Cds

britmaveric

I haven't been able to find a way to rip mixed compilation cds by DJ(s). Basically music flows into one another without any break. Normally rip a cd there happens to be breaks in the songs and the continuity of the mix is broken.

So is their software out there that you can either rip a mixed compilation cd and retain its original format. Or can I somehow convert 1 entire cd into 1mp3. If so what music software tools does one need. Can't see the functionality in music match, real jukebox, or wmp. Any thoughts?

I haven't been able to find a way to rip mixed compilation cds by DJ(s). Basically music flows into one another without any break. Normally rip a cd there happens to be breaks in the songs and the continuity of the mix is broken.

So is their software out there that you can either rip a mixed compilation cd and retain its original format. Or can I somehow convert 1 entire cd into 1mp3. If so what music software tools does one need. Can't see the functionality in music match, real jukebox, or wmp. Any thoughts?

Why not just copy it to Windows Media Player 10? Then sync to a MP3 player if thats what you want it for.

Why not just copy it to Windows Media Player 10? Then sync to a MP3 player if thats what you want it for.

Jockie - I copy everything to mp3 - problem with mixed compilations the tracks are separate and if I say play one song it sounds like its starts in the middle of the song and ends abruptly when it shouldnt. (no fade in or out) It should be played in one continous stream to sound proper.

Hmmm checkout Nero, but used it in the past - same issues, however maybe I i missed an option.

Anyway to record a cd into a single mp3??? (continous)

Your losing me, why can you not record a CD into a single mp3? are you wanting to mix it (blend the tracks)???

If so you will need mixing software, unless it is already mixed, then it should play from start to finish auto in WMP or others.

http://www.dj-tips-and-tricks.com/mp3-dj-software.html go on have a go...I like it! :o

My pitch is J River media center.. Set it to gapless playback and it will be perfectly what your after..

I have 80 GB of only UK essential mixes in MP3.. Then another couple hundred gig of losslessly encoded audio..

brit ,

cdex is the converter of choice - but you need to get lame for it to encode mp3's.

if you want to divide it up into single tracks try audacity , also open source from sourceforge

Cdex has a compressed audio function...seeing what it converts it too. At worst all you need is a convert from wave to mp3.

Merlin - good call. Cdex works perfectly and free.

Livinglos - downloaded Jriver. Not sure if its worth $40, but they give a 30day trial so I'll see.

Be persistant with the J River MC10 (11 now)... There is much much more to it than 'merely' an audio player though admitedly many of those features are high end (eg you can control the PC with a wireless PDA.. You can run multizone whole house audio.. You can use lossless encioding systems..

Of course it also does video and many other features I dont use but it really is the king of the high end audio players.. Its the only player that will handle really huge databases without choking etc..

Then again I have used them since v6 and have been very active in the PC audio community...

CDEX can encode to whatever you want - it defaults to the LAME encoder, version 1.30.

In the preferences you can set it to use whatever encoder you want - it comes with WMA, VQF, AAC, Xing, Ogg Vobis, and Monkey's Audio all built in.

If there's anything else you want to use, you just have to download the dll and then tell CDEX where to find it.

Might be able to convert to MP3 without LAME but at what quality..

Personally most of my audio is APE lossless encoded.. Its only the essential mixes culled from UK radio (via DAB) that are MP3 due to source not being superb anyway..