Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

A few times this week I have gone out to the local shops on my scooter without a helmet on and have seen and heard the same cb ''R" 250 go past. Actually I thought it sounded really nice and a lot nicer than I thought it would sound. It has a standard pipe. I saw it from the front and then from the side and I thought it looked really well. Just my opinion.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info.

Do you remember the approx. cost of shipping?

I think it was around $55 or thereabouts.

My package had already been opened and I was asked to open it again myself by the customs office I collected it from, he then inspected it and was fine with the declared value.

So, after fitting the top box last weekend the GF and I went for a run in the country to see how it changed the bikes dynamics. I've discovered the hard to engage when hot first gear is still hard to engage. The tingles through the handlebars make my right hand completely numb after 40 or so Km's. And the rattles at idle are still rattling at the same rate! :rolleyes:

post-63954-0-20743900-1310949271_thumb.j

So, after fitting the top box last weekend the GF and I went for a run in the country to see how it changed the bikes dynamics. I've discovered the hard to engage when hot first gear is still hard to engage. The tingles through the handlebars make my right hand completely numb after 40 or so Km's. And the rattles at idle are still rattling at the same rate! :rolleyes:

Bsj... it's strange that it's only your right hand.. could it be the very sloppy throttle causing that. Maybe a Vista lock would cure it (or the o-ring idea)

as for the gear change. What oil are you using.. that could matter!

Bsj... it's strange that it's only your right hand.. could it be the very sloppy throttle causing that. Maybe a Vista lock would cure it (or the o-ring idea)

Hi there, I was going to change over to gel hand grips when I fit the handle bar risers. Not a lot of slop in the cable. Vista lock......maybe. The problem is here in Pattaya I have yet to find an Alladins cave of aftermarket CBR250 parts & accessories. May need some advice on where to go (in Bangkok?) or elsewhere to get good aftermarket stuff.

Hi there, I was going to change over to gel hand grips when I fit the handle bar risers. Not a lot of slop in the cable. Vista lock......maybe. The problem is here in Pattaya I have yet to find an Alladins cave of aftermarket CBR250 parts & accessories. May need some advice on where to go (in Bangkok?) or elsewhere to get good aftermarket stuff.

Just a thought.

At the risk of preaching to the converted.....

Try riding with light hands... ie trusting that we don't have to grip the bars....

Years ago someone told me to turn in my elbows and grip more with the knees...

It works on the bike as well ;-)

I have had problems in the past with some bikes not wanting to be downshifted into first (specifically a CBR 954 though it was not the only example, just the worst). I would have to kick the lever pretty good and then they "clunked" into gear in a pretty violent way. I always figured that it was a problem with syncing because the gearing in first was so low and having to go past neutral in the shift. Two things that greatly reduced this for me were: a) never downshift to first unless coming to full stop or close to it, and b ) when I had to go to first, pop it into neutral then let out the clutch for a second then try shift back into first using the clutch again of course (kind of like double shifting a truck). Not sure if this will work for you but give it a try. Shifting in and out of first is always a bit tougher than the other gears. It is the only shift that I use the clutch on when up-shifting.

Edited by Dakling

I saw some great photos of CBR250'S racing in Thailand over the weekend. They are posted on the rideasia website. Apparently the racing was fast and close and someone mentions that a girl on a CBR was lapping less than a second off the lap times of the guy who won the ER6 race.

I saw some great photos of CBR250'S racing in Thailand over the weekend. They are posted on the rideasia website. Apparently the racing was fast and close and someone mentions that a girl on a CBR was lapping less than a second off the lap times of the guy who won the ER6 race.

Plenty of awesome photos of the Moto3 race on the ThaiRidersClub site. A few examples-

dsc_8018.jpg dsc_8019.jpg dsc_8020.jpg dsc_8025.jpg dsc_8030.jpg dsc_8031.jpg dsc_8036.jpg dsc_8038.jpg dsc_8039.jpg dsc_8041.jpg

It was nice to see one real CBR too ;)

dsc_7936.jpg dsc_7939.jpg dsc_7943.jpg

I have just read a few more posts on the rideasia site about the moto3 ( cb"R" 250's ) race over the weekend and it seems like those little thumpers were posting lap times faster then the 650 Kawasakis! Interesting that a bike, sometimes referred to as not a real CB 'R", can actually lap faster on this circuit than a 650 Kawasaki. The winner is apparently very good as this is his third win on the trot and he lead from start to finish. Some of the lean angles they were getting looked impressive. Seems like they handle well. It is hoped to be a good beginning for young Thai riders. It should also mean continued development of after market parts, which can't be a bad thing. I wonder if any light weight falangs will also try it?

Edited by jackjones

Great pics in fairness.

I have just read a few more posts on the rideasia site about the moto3 ( cb"R" 250's ) race over the weekend and it seems like those little thumpers were posting lap times faster then the 650 Kawasakis!

Perhaps those racing Kawasaki 650s need to upgrade to the CBR250R if they want to improve their lap times.

New traditional Tsukigi racing exhaust for the Ciber.

Full system 5,000b

http://mocyc.com/sto...assified=549533

I believe its the same as the pipe on the Tiger 250 so it should have a loud but mellow sound. It also looks like it has a DB killer.

Looks like the same pipe for a lot of different bikes. Wouldn't fancy the length of time it would take for the rivets to start popping out and seals to split. Nice of them to slap a Tsukigi sticker on some local made thing though.

Strangely nothing on the actual Tsukigi website.

On an upside though, maybe it might help the Er-6ns to get close to the CBR250R on the track.

Edited by hehehoho

New traditional Tsukigi racing exhaust for the Ciber.

Full system 5,000b

http://mocyc.com/sto...assified=549533

I believe its the same as the pipe on the Tiger 250 so it should have a loud but mellow sound. It also looks like it has a DB killer.

Looks like the same pipe for a lot of different bikes. Wouldn't fancy the length of time it would take for the rivets to start popping out and seals to split. Nice of them to slap a Tsukigi sticker on some local made thing though.

On an upside though, maybe it might help the Er-6ns to get close to the CBR250R on the track.

Mate.. for this one your wrong.. It is a Tsukigi AND it is locally made. And they ARE very well made i have seen one on a 75,000km Tiger 250rs with no problems at all.

Another locally made one here.

http://mocyc.com/sto...assified=545218

I do like the look of this one.. but i think a DBkiller would be required.

Tsukigi have a VERY small manufacturing site here in Thailand for the ASEAN small bikes. That's where these are made. I have seen the place even though it was supposed to be secret B):D

Edited by thaicbr

Good price then, apologies for being skeptical, although they set up shop here in '99, 5000thb for a quality full system that's been specifically built and R+D'd for the CBR250R is rather cheap.

Perhaps Tsukigi should actually put it on their website.

Doubt they do dynos by any chance?

^ Think I saw one of them with it's guts hanging out on a 250 being serviced last time I went to Honda. If you want to go cheaper there's a few on the thai cbr site for 3500 and 4500thb. I personally wouldn't recommend it though.

Edited by hehehoho

Good price then, apologies for being skeptical, although they set up shop here in '99, 5000thb for a quality full system that's been specifically built and R+D'd for the CBR250R is rather cheap.

Perhaps Tsukigi should actually put it on their website.

Doubt they do dynos by any chance?

^ Think I saw one of them with it's guts hanging out on a 250 being serviced last time I went to Honda. If you want to go cheaper there's a few on the thai cbr site for 3500 and 4500thb. I personally wouldn't recommend it though.

I have asked the seller for a Dyno chart.. I do not hold out much hope to be honest.B)

Also i do not think much R&D went into it. Probably just copied the original downpipe and then put a muffler on it.. BUT if they are as well made as the Tiger ones then they are good, especially for 5,000b

Edited by thaicbr

Hilli.. thats a Tsukigi pipe.. I do like the paint work on that bike though.

Also you asked about an ER6 just go down to Pattaya and rent one for a day or so, about 8-900b per day. Best place i've found was on the left on soi13/3 off beach road.

Hilli.. thats a Tsukigi pipe.. I do like the paint work on that bike though.

Also you asked about an ER6 just go down to Pattaya and rent one for a day or so, about 8-900b per day. Best place i've found was on the left on soi13/3 off beach road.

yes i know just wanna show how its looks on the bike. Like i said not the best looking for the cbr, but ok..

Thanks for the hint on the er6n rent lets see when i have some time.

If anyone is interested, there's a small Honda dealer on the highway to Mae Rim coming out of C.M that has 3 Red/Black, non-ABS for 115,000 each.

hi

is that red or black.

or red and black if so can you send photos. thats one big problem is the lack of nice colours.the 150 red and black looks sexy but

didn't think they did it in the 250. i am in the uk at the moment getting some £ for my new bike ? YES i sill can't make up my mind 250 or ern6.are honda doing any other colours ?:jap:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed it, but, for a 250 the CBR seems a little heavy around town. My only other recent (last 20years) small bikes have been off roaders. Anyone else feel the CBR isn't as nippy as it should be?

BSJ before i got the 250 i was worried about the handling in town so i kept my old150 for that. But later it turned out wrong no big issues in town or through traffic, sure its not a scooter but i was surprised how good it is for city driving i thought worse....

Yup, agree with the in town handling.

btw I think Bikers shop sell the Tsukigi range, would be good to see and hear anything before buying. When you can get an R+D'd, life time guaranteed Yoshi slip-on sent over from the states for 15k though, seems a better deal I think.

BSJ before i got the 250 i was worried about the handling in town so i kept my old150 for that. But later it turned out wrong no big issues in town or through traffic, sure its not a scooter but i was surprised how good it is for city driving i thought worse....

I agree, i have a 150 too but now I always drive the 250 - its faster and its 'road presence' keeps cars and scooters away from me!