Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Ok, a few minutes ago the wife was "channel surfing" and came to the MotorSports channel, and they were showing the CBR racing this last weekend. We both stopped to watch it. One of the announcers said something and the wife started laughing. I asked her what the guy said. Her reply was the announcer said that if you want to bring your Ninja 250 for comparison, bring it, but get ready to be embarrassed.

:whistling:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love how the Ninja defenders prance over and snatch at something like fake-o titanium colouring when such a large percentage of Ninjas are sold to women (some 37% of Kawi's sales for the bike!!)...and have corresponding paint schemes.

2467276157_71df6c105f.jpg

pinkn250r.jpg

2009-Kawasaki-Ninja-250R-purple.jpg

2468102514_e098c2a336.jpg

Hmmm, you ride a Ninjette and collect pictures of girlie Ninjettes with gay paint schemes... does this mean you're gay or a girl? :giggle:

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Ok, a few minutes ago the wife was "channel surfing" and came to the MotorSports channel, and they were showing the CBR racing this last weekend. We both stopped to watch it. One of the announcers said something and the wife started laughing. I asked her what the guy said. Her reply was the announcer said that if you want to bring your Ninja 250 for comparison, bring it, but get ready to be embarrassed.

The Ninja 250R can't race in the series because Moto3 is limited to thumpers. Shame... it would be good fun to watch the CB'r' 250's try to catch the Ninjettes.

IMG_1747.JPG

Hmmm, you ride a Ninjette and collect pictures of girlie Ninjettes with gay paint schemes... does this mean you're gay or a girl? :giggle:

It's not that hard to find the pictures; a simple google images search for pink and purple suffices. Interestingly enough, considering the massive amount of females that ride it (and perhaps limp writsted posers), I could find no Hello Kitty EX250.

And FWIW, the EX250 I ride was a gift from the wifey and I'm too cheap to purchase a different bike for the limited riding I get...that and if I can not extract everything out of the Ninja why upgrade to a bike that runs around the track faster than the ER-6* till my skillset improves?

The Ninja 250R can't race in the series because Moto3 is limited to thumpers. Shame... it would be good fun to watch the CB'r' 250's try to catch the Ninjettes.

IMG_1747.JPG

Where did that thread about go titled something like "It's not the bike, it's the rider"? (one of your remarks...)

So hey, when are you upgrading from the Er-6n'rr' to the CBR250R in order to improve your lap times?

Huh? crackhead.gif

Just going on how the CBR250Rs were mostly 5+ seconds faster than the Er-6ns around Thailand Circuit.

Quite a bit on a 1:28 circuit.

Sorry, 1:31 something if on the slower Er-6n.

^ I've got a feeling he'll be switching back to that one soon. :whistling:

Edited by hehehoho

The top ER6n 1:30:85s also had a qualifying time 3s faster then the Moto2 bike...The moto3 class has improved alot over the past 3 races at Thailand circuit, from top laptimes of 1:34:00 to 1:28:7. I'd really Like to know what they have done with the bikes because the straight line speed has increased alot. I've had the chance to race around Thailand circuit at the same time as some of the top riders and 2 months ago I could blow by them on the straights with the ER6 but this past Friday It would take me more then half the straight to get by them. I'll try and find out what upgrades they have done from stock when I race superbike at thailand circuit in Aug.

Colin

IMG_1747.JPG

Where did that thread about go titled something like "It's not the bike, it's the rider"? (one of your remarks...)

I agree with you that it's not the bike, it's the rider. The guys racing Moto3 here in Thailand are all professional licensed racers and have a lot more talent and experience than me. I'm a complete track noob and only started racing in amateur races last year. Many of the pros, such as Khun Tingnote in the pic above race Superbike and compete internationally.

And as mentioned somewhere else in this thread, the CBR 250's they are riding in Moto3 are NOTHING like the stock bike. They've done EXTENSIVE modifications to engine, frame, suspension and electronics and are rebuilding their engines after every race and even between Saturday qualifying and Sunday racing it's not unusual to see half the bikes with their engines pulled. (Yet every race there are at least 3-4 bikes that don't finish due to engine problems...)

I race for fun on my own dime, these guys race for a living. No doubt we could throw Casey Stoner on a CBR 150 and he might just clean up the field.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/thethrottle/videos/113

That says little about the bike and a lot about the rider.

Stoner.jpg

Some of the combinations of pink are quite stunning. Take for example my GF in one of her pink bra and bikini combo's.....

Ps: On second thoughts....think about your own GF ya pervert! :rolleyes:

The top ER6n 1:30:85s also had a qualifying time 3s faster then the Moto2 bike...The moto3 class has improved alot over the past 3 races at Thailand circuit, from top laptimes of 1:34:00 to 1:28:7. I'd really Like to know what they have done with the bikes because the straight line speed has increased alot. I've had the chance to race around Thailand circuit at the same time as some of the top riders and 2 months ago I could blow by them on the straights with the ER6 but this past Friday It would take me more then half the straight to get by them. I'll try and find out what upgrades they have done from stock when I race superbike at thailand circuit in Aug.

Colin

A nice usefull comment from someone who is actually racing himself against a cbr 250. i drive neither cbr, ninja 250 or er6 but getting tired of all the bickering in this forum about which bike is best.

Anybody knows what is the best lap time of a ninja 250 so we can compare it to a honda cbr and even a er6n if someone wishes to do so.

Love how the Ninja defenders prance over and snatch at something like fake-o titanium colouring when such a large percentage of Ninjas are sold to women (some 37% of Kawi's sales for the bike!!)...and have corresponding paint schemes.

2467276157_71df6c105f.jpg

pinkn250r.jpg

2009-Kawasaki-Ninja-250R-purple.jpg

2468102514_e098c2a336.jpg

The top bike actually reminds me of a beautiful, custom built Harley I saw about 6 yrs ago back in Phoenix sitting to one side at a gas station that I pulled into. Had a similar pink/white paint scheme, pink leather saddle bags, etc., and I waited around for a minute because I just HAD to see who was riding out. Out of the station walks this 6'+ blonde in skin tight pink riding suit, with matching boots, looking like Xena the Warrior Princess, and NOT someone you would want to make mad. She gets on, fires it up and roars away. All I could do was shake my head and smile.

Edited by Just1Voice

I guess Ninja 250s can compete in Moto 3, but they have to use a D-Tracker engine.

http://blog.fmsct-li...-test-tiff.aspx

Ok, two ways to look at this. 1) The stock/standard Ninja 250 engine is "too superior" to the CBR 250 in that class, or: 2) The stock/standard Ninja 250 engine just ain't got what it takes to compete. The article doesn't really say which reason, only that it has to be replaced with the D-Tracker 250. It would be interesting to know the "Why's and wherefore's".

I guess Ninja 250s can compete in Moto 3, but they have to use a D-Tracker engine.

http://blog.fmsct-li...-test-tiff.aspx

Ok, two ways to look at this. 1) The stock/standard Ninja 250 engine is "too superior" to the CBR 250 in that class, or: 2) The stock/standard Ninja 250 engine just ain't got what it takes to compete. The article doesn't really say which reason, only that it has to be replaced with the D-Tracker 250. It would be interesting to know the "Why's and wherefore's".

I believe it is so the Ninja can meet the single cylinder requirement.

Hi guys, sorry to bust up the argument. Any suggestions for a decent tank bag that will fit well on the CBR250? I prefer to buy off ebay as I am using some paypal dosh. TIA!:jap:

Steve,

Go to 150 forum, next to last post (#2697), check out tank bag from Summitt City. With them you can simply do a bank transfer and they will ship it to you in just a couple of days.

Hi guys, sorry to bust up the argument. Any suggestions for a decent tank bag that will fit well on the CBR250? I prefer to buy off ebay as I am using some paypal dosh. TIA!:jap:

Steve,

Go to 150 forum, next to last post (#2697), check out tank bag from Summitt City. With them you can simply do a bank transfer and they will ship it to you in just a couple of days.

Thanks, I'll have a look at their shop, it's got to be paypal though.

Colin

Nice one. Thanks Colin.

Good luck in August.

Here is a link to a video of the new Namban exhaust:

I just wanted to give a little more information about Namban exhausts. Khun Nam of Namban Racing has been making exhausts here in Thailand for over 10 years. His products are well known and respected within professional racing circles in Thailand and other Asian countries. Moto 3 racing teams use Namban exhausts. They are also exported, sold under different brand names, and used by Moto 3 racing teams in other countries. There are colors available to suit all tastes. Send me a message if you are interested. We can ship anywhere in Thailand. Thanks.

Brian