Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

still looks good man.

but yes, i have heard bad stories about the level of quality of Bizumo Exhausts as well.

dam_n, didnt know they had a bad reputation. If I have any problems I will make another post.

Hopefully they have improved the newer ones. It was the earlier ones that had problems. Have fun with it. And hopefully the BIB don't like it to much :D

sent from my Wellcom A90+

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, and that may not be much, Mee Mee, the Head Mechanic at Honda, Niyom Panich, CNX, said he's being sent to BKK to learn about "big bikes", and that Honda will be opening a "big bike shop" here in CNX in the near future, with all models from 400 cc and up. I won't hold my breath.

Honda has no plans about a 400 cc right as i am talking with some Honda guys here too. But, you never now Honda like 250 cbr case, it might suddenly pop up.

And, i am not sure what they will sell in these Honda big bike shops as well now. Over priced, shitty, heavy, half car engined bikes/crossovers???

And, with their current pricing, i do not think so if they make any profit out of these shops in the short term but good advertisement for their current small bike market.

Still, applauses for Honda on their courage and investment on an authorized Big Bike shop as i am sure, they started and the rest will follow.

On the other hand, once the Thai - Japanese trade agreement is valid on 2016 which will reduce the import tariffs for some good percentage, then they will start to collect the fruits.

A long sighted Japanese type of business thinking again but i hope, they import better and reasonable models here in the future. Call it a 400 cc or 600 cc but with a reasonable price, please man!

For what it's worth, and that may not be much, Mee Mee, the Head Mechanic at Honda, Niyom Panich, CNX, said he's being sent to BKK to learn about "big bikes", and that Honda will be opening a "big bike shop" here in CNX in the near future, with all models from 400 cc and up. I won't hold my breath.

Honda has no plans about a 400 cc right as i am talking with some Honda guys here too. But, you never now Honda like 250 cbr case, it might suddenly pop up.

And, i am not sure what they will sell in these Honda big bike shops as well now. Over priced, shitty, heavy, half car engined bikes/crossovers???

And, with their current pricing, i do not think so if they make any profit out of these shops in the short term but good advertisement for their current small bike market.

Still, applauses for Honda on their courage and investment on an authorized Big Bike shop as i am sure, they started and the rest will follow.

On the other hand, once the Thai - Japanese trade agreement is valid on 2016 which will reduce the import tariffs for some good percentage, then they will start to collect the fruits.

A long sighted Japanese type of business thinking again but i hope, they import better and reasonable models here in the future. Call it a 400 cc or 600 cc but with a reasonable price, please man!

Again,according to Mee Mee, there IS a CBR 400 "coming soon", but Honda is keeping it a big secret. Why? Who knows? If you Google 2012 Honda Motorcycle models, they've actually got a few factory "choppers" they've come up with, if you like that sort of thing. The CBR 600 & 1000 are out, and look good from the photos. Bigger than what I want, but that's just my own personal thing.

Honda likes to keep people guessing, as they did with the CBR 250, not releasing any info until just prior to release, so maybe they're doing the same thing here. I know that a couple of months back a sales rep at the Kawa dealership here in CNX stated that Honda was bringing out a CBR 400, and Kawa was "concerned" about the impact it would have on their sales. So, again, who knows?

As for me, I really can't do anything right now. Getting ready to go in for spinal surgery to try and correct and scoliosis problem I've got in my lower spine, and once that happens, I'm not gonna be riding anything for about 4-6 months. Getting old is a bitch! lol

Wonder who you're talking to at Honda? The janitor? ;)

The Honda Big Wing has already sold a TON of bikes, including a dozen or so Goldwings at 1.5 million baht a pop. While I agree that the NC700 is a turd, they've even sold some of those, so I'd say Honda is off to a great, if late start to the big bike scene in Thailand

Honda has no plans about a 400 cc right as i am talking with some Honda guys here too.

What Honda guys? The Board members of AP. Honda or the puncture repair guys in some Chiang Mai franchised Honda branch?

While I agree that the NC700 is a turd, they've even sold some of those,

Reported to be the best seller out of all the big bikes released.

Perhaps the market is slightly different than what the Thaivisa experts imagine.

Wonder who you're talking to at Honda? The janitor? wink.png

The Honda Big Wing has already sold a TON of bikes, including a dozen or so Goldwings at 1.5 million baht a pop. While I agree that the NC700 is a turd, they've even sold some of those, so I'd say Honda is off to a great, if late start to the big bike scene in Thailand

Do you guys need the names and numbers on whom i talked with? What a curiosity? Do you want my name also?

Let's say some important people.

And, how do you know the actual sales numbers? it looks like you talked with the janitor or you are the janitor himself there man:)) haha.

Besides, if they sold these bikes it is just because they have been released very recently like the flies sticking to hot shit situation with the push of two motor shows.

Let's check again 6 month later if their sales are the same or not.

guys guys, today my bike stalled first time in its life.

i was going slow around 30 km but i applied 80 percent throttle to 50km to pass a car in a thigh situation and then it stalled.

I think the culprit is the aftermarket exhaust as it stopped one more time before during a hard throttle when the engine is cold during the first ignition of the day in the morning.

Why is that man?

Thanks for your suggestions.

i was going slow around 30 km but i applied 80 percent throttle to 50km to pass a car in a thigh situation and then it stalled.

I think the culprit is the aftermarket exhaust as it stopped one more time before during a hard throttle when the engine is cold during the first ignition of the day in the morning.

Why is that man?

A lot of folks have reported unexplained stalls on this bike, but so far there doesn't seem to be a fix from Honda... Really dangerous for noob riders. Oh well, sometimes you get what you pay for... passifier.gif

Why is that man?

I think its going into a extremely lean fuel mode. Do you fill up at the same petrol station. Do you use gasohol?

Why is that man?

I think its going into a extremely lean fuel mode. Do you fill up at the same petrol station. Do you use gasohol?

i only use Shell V-Power 95 gasohol or Caltex 95 Gold real Benzyne. I use always the same petrol stations which both of them are mostly crowded which means they circulate the petrol at their depots.

I am not sure why it stalled but yes, it got lean for sure.

Why is that man?

This makes me curious. Any other modifications you have done? Exhaust, Airfilter, FI and so on? Personally i never was a fan of FI and i guess i never will be.

@BigBikeBkk: No reason to blame Honda if people fumble and change things.

Why is that man?

A lot of folks have reported unexplained stalls on this bike, but so far there doesn't seem to be a fix from Honda... Really dangerous for noob riders. Oh well, sometimes you get what you pay for... passifier.gif

[media=]

[/media]

One Youtube video translates into a lot of folks having stall problems, really?

Why is that man?

[media=]

[/media]

that is definite: you get what you paid for but i experience stall in many bikes in my life some of them are expensive.

And, yes, it might be dangerous but for all riders bigbikebkk not only for newbies.

but, let's try to be constructive here man. All of us are riders first regardless of the brand of our bikes, right? I am sure you have XP to add something on this.

Why is that man?

This makes me curious. Any other modifications you have done? Exhaust, Airfilter, FI and so on? Personally i never was a fan of FI and i guess i never will be.

Go have a look at some of the CB'r' 250 forums- this problem is occurring on bone stock bikes too coffee1.gif

Why is that man?

[media=]

[/media]

One Youtube video translates into a lot of folks having stall problems, really?

Go have a look at some of the CB'r' 250 forums- this problem is occurring on bone stock bikes too coffee1.gif

Why is that man?

[media=]

[/media]

that is definite: you get what you paid for but i experience stall in many bikes in my life some of them are expensive.

And, yes, it might be dangerous but for all riders bigbikebkk not only for newbies.

but, let's try to be constructive here man. All of us are riders first regardless of the brand of our bikes, right? I am sure you have XP to add something on this.

Most of the CB'r' 250 stalls I've read about occur at zero throttle, which can usually be solved simply by increasing the idle speed adjustment.

But it sounds like your bike stalled while you were accelerating, with throttle open? That is just bizarre and should not occur under any circumstances on a new bike. Could be any number of problems- faulty fuel pump, faulty throttle position sensor, some random short in your ignition system, bad coil, a faulty tip sensor, etc etc.

You'd need to give us a lot more information before we can narrow down the possible causes for your stall.

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Why is that man?

i have DNA air filter installed, use full synthetic oil and i do not have FI.

C'mon man, now you blame me on this stall? it is happening in stock form also, yes.

Edited by loserlazer

Why is that man?

C'mon man, now you blame me on this stall? it is happening in stock form also, yes.

In stock form the bike will sometimes stall from low revs if you have just chopped the throttle and then whipped it back on.

If you are making the Bike run lean then yes you are causing it.

You have a pipe and filter on the bike. How can you be certain its not running lean. Have you tried checking the spark plug?

Oh and you DO have FI you dont have a powercommander or similar ecu.

Edited by thaicbr

Why is that man?

In stock form the bike will sometimes stall from low revs if you have just chopped the throttle and then whipped it back on.

If you are making the Bike run lean then yes you are causing it.

You have a pipe and filter on the bike. How can you be certain its not running lean. Have you tried checking the spark plug?

Oh and you DO have FI you dont have a powercommander or similar ecu.

yes, bigbikebkk, it stalls sometime during idle, you nailed it. I will check idle adjustment for it.

and yes, it happened while applying throttle hard but low revs only. it is like choking. Still will check the parts you stated.

thai cbr

"In stock form the bike will sometimes stall from low revs if you have just chopped the throttle and then whipped it back on.",

This is exactly what happened, it was low revs when it was happened. Spark plug is stock but i do not think so any problems about it as they checked it once.

i do not have afternarket ecu yet.

It is great to combine knowledge and leave the brand of our bikes away here in TV. Thanks.

yes, bigbikebkk, it stalls sometime during idle, you nailed it. I will check idle adjustment for it.

and yes, it happened while applying throttle hard but low revs only. it is like choking. Still will check the parts you stated.

thai cbr

"In stock form the bike will sometimes stall from low revs if you have just chopped the throttle and then whipped it back on.",

This is exactly what happened, it was low revs when it was happened. Spark plug is stock but i do not think so any problems about it as they checked it once.

i do not have afternarket ecu yet.

It is great to combine knowledge and leave the brand of our bikes away here in TV. Thanks.

This is more for car engines, but the basic knowledge is the same since both are four stroke internal combustion engine.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/techarticles/130_0703_reading_spark_plugs/

i hope it is just checking the spark plug but it looks more that that to me.

Anyway, guys, it stalled two times in 13,500 km so it is still OK but let's see if it will stall again or not.

The reason people are asking about your plug is not that they think the plug is bad. The plug is an indicator for other issues. It could be your engine is running too lean (most likely scenario) or too rich. Either way it can cause a stumble. The too lean situation is more likely because modern bikes are 'jetted' (controlled by the ECU unless you get a stone-age bike like the US spec Ninja 250) towards the lean side. If it is running too lean you are going to have to enrichen it.

Anyway, guys, it stalled two times in 13,500 km so it is still OK but let's see if it will stall again or not.

The reason people are asking about your plug is not that they think the plug is bad. The plug is an indicator for other issues. It could be your engine is running too lean (most likely scenario) or too rich. Either way it can cause a stumble. The too lean situation is more likely because modern bikes are 'jetted' (controlled by the ECU unless you get a stone-age bike like the US spec Ninja 250) towards the lean side. If it is running too lean you are going to have to enrichen it.

Thanks dave.

But, spark plug has been checked long enough after the mods and found no probs.

Still, i will check again asap to be sure.

I guess i need to find an efficiently working aftermarket ecu as soon as i can for some more juice.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Keep trollin' Dave- even the ancient carb'd US Spec Ninjette easily outruns the fancy new Honda CB'r' thumper. :)

Keep trollin' Dave- even the ancient carb'd US Spec Ninjette easily outruns the fancy new Honda CB'r' thumper. smile.png

Two fifty races held in the States suggest otherwise.....but putting that aside are you claiming that carb'd bikes are as advanced technologically as fuel injected? I.E., is my statement trollish or false in anyways?

If not, I am sorry you woo-woo is hurting that people who set bikes up for a living race against other marquees and win with their CBR. I would also be careful throwing the word troll around; for someone who obviously disdains the CBR 250R and has offered few to no helpful posts in this thread, you sure do have a lot of posts in this thread (6% of total number or 4th highest poster).

**edit**

I would also like you to back up your claims. Every single time I've asked for your proof that the FI Ninja is better (indicated in post I replied to by you using 'even' as if the FI was stronger) or stronger in the HP department you go strangely silent. How 'bout you put up or shut up as they say in the States?

Edited by dave_boo

Thanks dave.

But, spark plug has been checked long enough after the mods and found no probs.

Still, i will check again asap to be sure.

I guess i need to find an efficiently working aftermarket ecu as soon as i can for some more juice.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Have you personally done it? Reading the various threads on Thaivisa in regards to mechanics I would be a bit leery trusting most of them fully with an investment. Not know how hard it is to get to the plug, it would still be worth it for peace of mind.

There are also many things affecting the mixture; cleanliness of the air filtre, fuel quality, elevation running at, and even humidity. Most FI bikes do a fabulous job under a wide range of conditions, but perhaps there was just a perfect storm of contributing factors those couple of times you had stumble.