Soooo Many Thai Girls In The Uk

siamsam

Since returning to live in the UK with my wife 3 yrs ago, there seems to have been a huge influx of Thai girls. Could be just more aware of their presence? But to my mind seems like in the last couple of years there has been a definate increase. Once upon a time when wifey had a chance meeting with another Thai in the supermarket it would cause quite a stir, but now no such reaction. They're everywhere! Any UK members agree?

Siamsam :o

I would say from my experience since having a connection with Thailand (only 3 years) I've noticed them more rather than say I've actually seen more. In fact I don't think I come across enough!!! Where are they? I guess most of them are attached anyway... :o

Since returning to live in the UK with my wife 3 yrs ago, there seems to have been a huge influx of Thai girls. Could be just more aware of their presence? But to my mind seems like in the last couple of years  there has been a definate increase. Once upon a time when wifey had a chance meeting with another Thai in the supermarket it would cause quite a stir, but now no such reaction. They're everywhere! Any UK members agree?

Siamsam  :o

It might be just in your area Siam. If you ask Ivanlaw he will tell you a totally different story, as he's been asking people in this forum if they know of anybody in his area but to no avail. However, the Embassy in Bangkok are so busy that they have had to get outside help to assist in processing applications for the UK. So maybe your right. Personally, i hope it is the case, as it should make it easier for my wifey to settle next month. It's not just the actual people but the fact that they create demand for food etc. I bet 3 years ago you struggled to get any Thai food, whereas now (in Manchester at least) it is easily obtained.

Since returning to live in the UK with my wife 3 yrs ago, there seems to have been a huge influx of Thai girls. Could be just more aware of their presence? But to my mind seems like in the last couple of years  there has been a definate increase. Once upon a time when wifey had a chance meeting with another Thai in the supermarket it would cause quite a stir, but now no such reaction. They're everywhere!

Siamsam  :o

I guess it's because it's relatively pretty easy for Thai girls to get Visas to go to England.

:D

Hubby (thai) was chatting with a thai woman in the restaurant near our house about how there were no thai people around our area, she asked where we lived & then told us she lived in a flat oppostie our house with her farang husband :D He then got to know some of the thai guys working there & they all live within a couple of mile radius & are frequent visitors to the house now :o

There seems to be loads of Thai girls married to English lads living in Middlesex - Ruislip, Uxbridge, Northwood etc.

Where we used to live in Pimlico, there were very few, two i think.

My friend lives in Cheshire and says there are loads round there too.

It's interesting that British guys notice this - Maybe it's a small demographic shift or something.

I haven't / don't really see that many Thai women here where I live in America, I think they are mostly on the West Coast (ie. Los Angeles, San Fransico, etc. ), But then again, New York is a huge city, with TONS of Asians .I probably didn't notice they were Thai at all, manybe some other Southeast Asian type ( I see Loads of Vietnamese, Burmese, Cambodians, etc. )

I guess Thai ladies just don't stick out so much here like if it was in England..... :o

Read a report the other day suggesting that there may be as many as 10,000 Thais in the UK who have overstayed their Visas and mostly women (in fact almost all)

Since a lot will be in a marriage setup and probabally working I dont think the government is in too much of a hurry to deport.....but...............one day :o

are we sure they are thai and not some other asians? i spoke to the owner of an english teaching school in Wimbledon today and she said there are few thai students learning english. they are mostly Jap,Korean, and Taiwanese.

Something about them not returning home after and visas hard to get .

My wife has about 10 Thai friends who live within a half mile from us in worthing, but they are plumper than Thais in Thailand, they often come around for a thai food get together, came dowstairs the other day, they were all sitting on the kitchen floor on a picnic blanket eating their food, maybe they are not westernised yet and do not know about dining room tables.

Read a report the other day suggesting that there may be as many as 10,000 Thais in the UK who have overstayed their Visas and mostly women (in fact almost all)

Since a lot will be in a marriage setup and probabally working I dont think the government is in too much of a hurry to deport.....but...............one day :D

Sad fact that the UK is one of the only places that dosn't check onward passports or visa status..Anyway thats a different topic.

I know plenty of thais here in fulham.Don't see many thai males though,only thai birds,and i ain't complaing about that!! :o:D:D

My wife has about 10 Thai friends who live within a half mile  from us in worthing, but they are plumper than Thais in Thailand, they often come around for a thai food get together, came dowstairs the other day, they were all sitting on the kitchen floor on a picnic blanket eating their food, maybe they are not westernised yet and do not know about dining room tables.

When we came to Worthing 20 years ago there were very few Thais. Now there are at least a couple of hundred. Similarly in Phrakhon Chai in changwat Buriram when I first visited in 1984 I was a rare sight. Now, according to CroftRobin, there are 20 Full timers and @ 40 or so part timers that he was aware of.

It works both ways.

My wife has about 10 Thai friends who live within a half mile  from us in worthing, but they are plumper than Thais in Thailand, they often come around for a thai food get together, came dowstairs the other day, they were all sitting on the kitchen floor on a picnic blanket eating their food, maybe they are not westernised yet and do not know about dining room tables.

When we came to Worthing 20 years ago there were very few Thais. Now there are at least a couple of hundred. Similarly in Phrakhon Chai in changwat Buriram when I first visited in 1984 I was a rare sight. Now, according to CroftRobin, there are 20 Full timers and @ 40 or so part timers that he was aware of.

It works both ways.

I first visited in 1984 I was a rare sight :D

No managed to stop my self :o ITS TO EASY :D

But trying to find Thai's aroud Boston Area.... IMPOSSIBLE :D

Ivan

:D

Edited by IvanLaw

Sad fact that the UK is one of the only places that dosn't check onward  passports or visa status..Anyway thats a different topic.

Interesting fact.........I have a pretty good hunch that this will change VERY soon ! :o:D

I know plenty of thais here in fulham.Don't see many thai males though,only thai birds,and i ain't complaing about that!! :D  :D  :D

Yes, I'm not into looking at Thai males myself, but I do like looking at Thai birds too!

( I wonder why there are so many Thai birds in your town in England?

Is it on their Migratory route? )

Have you seen these Thai birds around Fulham ?

356583214BQkoLN_ph.jpg

Male Banded Kingfisher

85109719WCJRna_ph.jpg

Male Brown Hornbill

bird3.jpg

Common Thai Miner bird

85109873tASBZy_ph.jpg

Juvenile Brown Hornbill

85107283ZPHWgJ_ph.jpg

Juvenile Bright-headed Cisticola

( I don't know about you, but I'd rather think the Thai birdwatching would be better in Thailand.... :D )

Edited by Narachon