Yet Another Visa Success ........

although not a reular writer I am grateful for all the advice tendered for all queries.

After two failures and coming very close yet again to another disappointment, we were granted a visa on Tuesday.

My wife was really "grilled for almost one & a half hours with many questions I considered irrevelant. But she is booke on ThasiAir, TG916 tomorrow and all the heartache will hopefully be behind us.

But in addition to the questions mentioned earlier, my wife was asked :-

Does your husbands daughters have husbands or boyfriends?

What are the daughters names?

What are the boyfriends names?

Do they have any children?

What are their names?

What did your husbands first wife die of?

What are husbands hobbies and pastimes?

What football team does he support.

What do you intend to do in the UK?

How will will you manage financially in the UK?

Do you intend to live with your husband in the UK?

What will you do if you are refused a visa again?

Do you realize the difference between Thailand and the UK?

Will you miss yor family and friends in Thailand?

Why did you decide to get married so quickly?

There were many other questions, but we have forgotten some of them.

She was asked questions in both English and Thai, but was told she could think a little longer before answering in English.

Congrats Gerry  :o

Out of curiosity, why did she have 2 failed attempts? What where the reasons for refusal?

MrBoJ

I second the Congratulations.

Good luck for your futures together.

Which terminal will she land at?

Ivan

:D

PS

I bet you will live nowhere near Boston :D

Edited by IvanLaw

Out of curiosity, why did she have 2 failed attempts? What where the reasons for refusal?

MrBoJ

The first time was totally through inexperience, :D we applied for the wrong visa (visitors) and they said she had insufficent reason to return home.

The second time, a couple of months later we again, through inexperience, applied the day after getting permission to get married in LOS and they said we were misleading them, for not telling them we were to marry. They also said that they did not believe that their were grounds for a lasting relationship. :D

That is why, I think, we really struggled this time, because of doubt and belief.

We gave them all the paperwork in March and they said it was correct. We had the appointment for August 3rd. At the interview, they then wanted our bank statements from April to August, we assumed that they were happy with the paperwork and hurredly had to arrange for them to be got to the embassy. :D

Totally innocent, but bad advice and total inexperience. Good job we really worked hard on the questions and answers I think. :D

Things I would strongly advise anyone is :-

1) Tell only the truth, do not lie or mislead in ANY circumstances, they will find out.

2) Work hard at getting all the paperwork correct, they dislike ANY omission or error.

3) Make certain you know one another, they ask the most unexpected questions.

4) Expect the unexpected and don't think anything is easy, but remember 67% was accepted last year.

I thought to ask my wife only the day before, "what will you do if you are refused a visa again" She could not answer that instantly. But eventually we came up with the answer, "try again, because we love each other and want to live our lives together" They did ask her that question........

Hope that that ain't waffling on but I am happy to help ................. :D

I second the Congratulations.

Good luck for your futures together.

Which terminal will she land at?

Ivan

:D

PS

I bet you will live nowhere near Boston :D

Doh !!!! :D ain't looked yet but I think it is terminal 3. :D We are a distance from Boston, (in Staffordshire) but we will be travelling about, as I want her to see the UK, so maybe we may meet ............. :D

Edited by gerrryuk

'Truth' A most valuable point. There are, have been, and will continue to be those that try and deceive and disguise the facts i.e. where they met, how long together etc, etc, and the said same are not worthy of a visa. I've said long ago and say it again, if the relationship is strong and for the right reasons you will get there, eventually, Point proven. Good luck for the future.

Congrats to you and your wife i wish you all the best for the future,and if ever in the hastings area ,maybe meet up for a chat ok ,as i am going thorugh what you are doing.

hope your wife enjoys england. :D

does that mean you do not have your wife in England yet :o ??? 'cos if I can help I will :D

'Truth' A most valuable point. There are, have been, and will continue to be those that try and deceive and disguise the facts i.e. where they met, how long together etc, etc, and the said same are not worthy of a visa. I've said long ago and say it again, if the relationship is strong and for the right reasons you will get there, eventually, Point proven. Good luck for the future.

Thanks, that is so useful, and I really value the sentiment of this board and the members. Do as the board members regularly write and you really cannot do wrong. :D:o