Best Indian Restaurant In Cm Where ?

bangkokcitylimits

I really like the Friday night buffet at Spicy Bollywood. It's on Moon Muang (e.g., inside the moat), almost exactly opposite from Spicy bar which is on the outside of the moat (hence the name). I've only had the buffet there, but it was pretty good. And spicy! And the naan, which the owners walked around with and handed out with tongs, was good.

maybe you can try the indian place in the Chedi Hotel and tell us what you think of it.

Chedi is another name for Mandarin Oriental right ?

Do I need to bring a bulk of $ ?

No man, Mandarin Oriental is near Bo Srang, The Chedi is near Night BarZaar, best Indian food indeed, just got back from India myseft. another place is Royal India, taste authentic. Le Spice is good but I don't think that's how Indian do it.

I like Le Spice's food is much better than Royal India.

Although the food might not be as authentic, at least it doesn't come with 50% grease.

Le Spice is nicer and cleaner than many of the others and it is easy to see that they put a lot of effort into cooking well. However, I can not stand the type of curry they use and it seems to be in most of their dishes.

I guess it would be a real find if one finds the curry enjoyable - and it seems that a lot of people do - but it just does not work for me. :(

The use several kinds of curry. You've tried them all?

I tried a variety of my favorite dishes and all of them seemed to be made with the same curry. Asking the Thai waitress what dishes are made with a different one would very likely be useless and the owner was never around during the afternoon when is convenient for me to eat there. :(

It is not the curry paste or different types of curry paste that is relevant to how good a dish is. The different herbs and spices, their combination, cooking methods and the freshness of ingredients is what differentiates good and bad curries.

It's why you need to wait at the New Delhi. I've not eaten at the Chedi.

It is not the curry paste or different types of curry paste that is relevant to how good a dish is. The different herbs and spices, their combination, cooking methods and the freshness of ingredients is what differentiates good and bad curries.

It's why you need to wait at the New Delhi.

That is exactly why it is worth the wait.

It seems that nobody who recommends Royal, or Le Spice, or Currywood (sic) has even tried New Delhi. They really should...

• 4 weeks later...

can someone please tell me the location of th new delhi or a phone number as i tried to google it but did not come up with much only meals on wheels.

Just in case you still haven't found it yet click on UN IRISH PUB in Greenside"s list and The New Delhi is about 200 meters West at 46, Ratvithi Road. Raise the scale of the map to 200 meters = 2cms.

http://maps.google.c...2,0.090895&z=14

rakchiangmai

re ... can someone please tell me the location of th new delhi

its on the right about 100 yards before the traffic lights on ratwithi road

and the royal india is 50 yards past zoe in yelow bar in the soi next to it

enjoy ... dave2

We were in CM in November for a week and stayed at the Chiang Mai Gate Hotel. On that same street the hotel is on but near the CM gate on the right hand side of the steet there is a small "hole in the wall" Indian restaurant. I dont remember the name, or if it even had one, but every time we walked past the three or four tables were always full. Is anyone familiar with this place?

Last time we were in Vientiane (a couple of years ago) we ate at the Tajmahal Restaurant and thought the Indian food there was pretty good. It's located behind the National Culture Hall on Sethathirath Road.