Looking For Hotel In Kk For Under 1,000 Baht Per Night.

westbounder

Khonkaen Orchid may be near to the new (and impressive) Central Mall, bur far from downtown, definitely not walking distance.

check pimangarden.com

this is a nice place, quiet, because set back a little from the main road, and still walking distance to the downtown area, where the action (drinking, eating, sanook) is.

under 1.000 Baht as well, but you should go for the more expensive rooms, as these have big Kingsize-Beds and are generally much nicer

To the OP...

The reason for the big bed...I can guess....

The reason for no bathtub... that's got me stumped.... unsure.gif

On our most recent visit, the wife and I did a return stay to what's got to be the nicest overall hotel in KK... the Rachawadee Hotel and Resort just down the road from the airport.

Now that I think about it, every time we've stayed there, the rooms have always had nice standing showers with heavy clear glass enclosures and a glass door that opens to the shower itself.... No bathtub.... no shower within a bathtub....

The regular rooms there are OK...and the morning buffet breakfast is OK....

But the grounds are lovely, big and quiet... There a very nice and clean swimming pool. Free wifi in the rooms. Good staff and service... And it's just down the road from a wonderful falang oriented restaurant that serves good steaks and a variety of other offerings, called Green Leaf, if I recall..

The only downside, is it's out by the airport, so you'd want to have your own car... as taxi or tuk tuk travel into the downtown area would be a bit of a pain.

Edited by jfchandler

Khonkaen Orchid may be near to the new (and impressive) Central Mall, bur far from downtown, definitely not walking distance.

Well, that was not a requirement listed by the OP, but as a matter of fact I walked in 3 nights running - maximum 15 minutes. One just goes around the corner from Central and straight on to the Pullman area. Have you ever visited the location?

Well, that was not a requirement listed by the OP, but as a matter of fact I walked in 3 nights running - maximum 15 minutes. One just goes around the corner from Central and straight on to the Pullman area. Have you ever visited the location?

I have inspected around 20 places of accomodation in Khonkaen, from Budget to 5-star, and this one too.

the rooms are actually nice, but, as I mentioned, the location isn't. As long as you don't have your own transport, that is.....

I have inspected around 20 places of accomodation in Khonkaen, from Budget to 5-star, and this one too.

the rooms are actually nice, but, as I mentioned, the location isn't. As long as you don't have your own transport, that is.....

How bizarre! You have 'inspected', I have stayed at the place and done the walk to the Pullman area at least six times and it isn't that far. So how does your experience trump mine? I have no connection to the owners but I think it is important to post accurate information.

Hello Jafsie -- Bussarakam does very well on the TripAdvisor.com -- near the songtaew route, quiet and off the typical tourist's radar -- large parking garage.

The KK Orchid I would not consider 'walking distance' to the average tourist spots for those not in lederhosen especially when the weather turns hot.

To the OP...

On our most recent visit, the wife and I did a return stay to what's got to be the nicest overall hotel in KK... the Rachawadee Hotel and Resort just down the road from the airport.

Now that I think about it, every time we've stayed there, the rooms have always had nice standing showers with heavy clear glass enclosures and a glass door that opens to the shower itself.... No bathtub.... no shower within a bathtub....

The regular rooms there are OK...and the morning buffet breakfast is OK....

But the grounds are lovely, big and quiet... There a very nice and clean swimming pool. Free wifi in the rooms. Good staff and service... And it's just down the road from a wonderful falang oriented restaurant that serves good steaks and a variety of other offerings, called Green Leaf, if I recall..

The only downside, is it's out by the airport, so you'd want to have your own car... as taxi or tuk tuk travel into the downtown area would be a bit of a pain.

I am in the Rachawadee at the moment. My preferrred overnight stop for the regular CNX - Det Udom run (for too many years). The prices have gone up slightly but the in room snacks are now free and in the Grand deluxe rooms the floors have just been re done. The free wi fi is also a bonus. One of the few places I have stayed in over the past 20 odd years that actually has a kettle even if nothing to put in the boiling water!

I was informed that there is a new boutique hotel near "Smile Restaurant" along the lake.

Does anyone knows this ?

Chang Noi

i little time ago i see a advert on this site about nice place for single room with everything and coffee and thea hole day free. is that the one your looking for??

i dont see this ad again.

johnyb