2011 Pajero Sport Minor Change

More details have now been confirmed, so here's the low-down on what we know about the new model.

Prices:

• 2WD 2.5L GLS - 987,000
  • 2WD 2.5L GT - 1,142,000
  • 4WD 2.5L GLS - 1,157,000
  • 4WD 2.5L GT - 1,312,000
  • +15,000 Baht for Pearl White on all models

All models share the same 2.5L VGS (Variable Geometry System) turbo intercooled engine making 178HP (most powerful Thai made diesel ever)

2WD models have a 4-speed Invecs III Sportronic AT (GLS and GT)

4WD models have a 5-speed Invecs III Sportronic AT (GLS and GT)

4WD GT model includes steering wheel mounted AT paddle shifters.

Confirmed GT model features (2WD and 4WD):

• Leather interior (except for 3rd row seats)
  • Automatic climate control
  • Front and Rear A/C, with front also supporting reverse-cycle (i.e. it has a heater - uncommon in TH)
  • 8-way electric front seats for both driver and passenger
  • HID Xenon headlights with automatic activation (dusk sensor) and auto-leveling
  • Headlight washers
  • Automatic windshield wipers (rain sensing)
  • Upgraded stereo system with GPS and USB support
  • Steering wheel audio controls
  • Cruise Control

4WD model drivetrain features (GLS and GT):

• Super Select 4WD system with 4 modes:
    • 2H - RWD
    • 4H - Full-time 4WD with viscous LSD and transfer case
    • 4HLc - off-road 4WD with locked transfer case
    • 4LLc - Off-raod 4WD with locked transfer case and low-range gearing

[*]Independently switchable electronic diff locking

2WD Model drievtrain features:

• Hybrid LSD (Viscous limited slip differential)

As yet unconfirmed features:

• ASC (Active Stability Control)
  • ATC (Active Traction Control)

New models will be officially announced in January 2011, with immediate availability. Low interest rate promotions will continue, and discount/freebie bundle will vary between 40K and 60K Baht based on model.

Will update as more info comes to light B)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any info on torque figures? Flat like the tafelberg (table mountain) in Cape town?

At this tuning (178HP) the engine is capable of making 400Nm from 1800 RPM, but this may or may not be tuned down to suit the different AT boxes (some markets are tuned as low as 350Nm, others have the full 400Nm). Effective torque on the 5-speed (4WD) model will be even better than all competing brands of course, due to the shorter gearing.

Will update when more solid info comes through.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Phew thanks for that MRO, mind at rest slightly, as most of the upgrades can be fitted to my existing model (some allready done like you)......big question tho, whats the new multimedia set up....and will it interface with the alpine screen(pray out loud) or is the facia being remodeled to suit it....best regards, good info as always...merry xmas our friend

Phew thanks for that MRO, mind at rest slightly, as most of the upgrades can be fitted to my existing model (some allready done like you)......big question tho, whats the new multimedia set up....and will it interface with the alpine screen(pray out loud) or is the facia being remodeled to suit it....best regards, good info as always...merry xmas our friend

Yes, and the additional HP can be addressed with a piggyback :)

New stereo/GPS appears to be a Mitsu branded double-DIN unit in the location of the existing model's LCD screen. The place where the current DVD player is will either be a pocket or an RV meter.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

This should shake Toyota to put a 5 speed into there line up maybe for the March show.

Toyota rarely make short-term model change decisions - most model decisions are made several years in advance (and are horrifically bad secrets). My guess is that the updated 2011 PJS won't make enough of an impact by March (too soon for average Somchai to know the difference), and so long as they can retain at least 40% PPV market share, they won't care anyway.

Fact is the 2011 PJS will impact MU-7 and Everest sales much more than it will the Fortuner.

For tier 1 brands it's not about having the best product, it's just about having the best selling product ;) It's the lower tier brands that have to try harder and produce more value to get the Thai buyer (we farang and 50% Thai's don't count)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Hi MRO,

I heard from Mitsu the same indeed, better to wait for the new one, but he couldn't tell me when in January it will be, hopefully first or second week, because I dont like to wait so long haha! Btw, what do you mean with this? "Low interest rate promotions will continue, and discount/freebie bundle will vary between 40K and 60K Baht based on model.", because I want to buy the car immediately 100% instead of loans with interest rates, either cash or wire. Any idea if it would be possible to lower the price for a: 2WD 2.5L GT from 1,142,000 to 1,050,000 - 1,100,000? never bought a car in Thailand before, so dont really know much about this. But the word discount/freebee bunle of 40k/60k looks promising?

Thanks for your thread, your reply in advance, and wish u a merry xmas :)

Btw, what do you mean with this? "Low interest rate promotions will continue, and discount/freebie bundle will vary between 40K and 60K Baht based on model."

The 2011 model will continue to be offered with a special finance rate of 1.69%, and you can negotiate a discount of between 40-60K Baht on each model, or freebies, or a combination of both. Things like free 1st class insurance and tabien rot (road tax) come out of this, as do window tint, weather shields etc. It all depends on what you want delivered with the car, or what you want provided as a cash or down payment discount.

ps. you forgot to mention, new PSJ also comes with a new color of choice: quartz brown :)

I didn't want to point out the negative :D

about to go out and put deposit on Suzuki GV (which is 100k cheaper)...new PJS coming soon. anyboby has any picture of it.

PJS will still look same just read the posts above it's now got some added goodies like 5 speed auto and sat nav integrated in the head unit plus duel electric front seat control.

John's got it , it's a minor change only. The front bumpers are slightly different, and the center of the dash looks a little different due to having a larger stereo unit up top, but that's about it.

New stereo/GPS appears to be a Mitsu branded double-DIN unit in the location of the existing model's LCD screen. The place where the current DVD player is will either be a pocket or an RV meter.

Would it be possible to get one of these for the current model?

Can't see why not, but would also require a new shroud and possibly new brackets, as the current LCD mounts do not have the depth for a full double-DIN unit, and would also need custom wiring as speaker wires etc currently run down to the single-DIN unit.

Why would you want to do this though? Just curious..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Will i get a decent number if i trade in my gf's 2010 honda city? We know that small dealers give you really bad prices on your car, no idea about real dealer.

kind of sucks that you can't get paddle shifts on the 2wd.. im not sure the 4wd is really needed even in the rain

Edited by DougLee

Will i get a decent number if i trade in my gf's 2010 honda city? We know that small dealers give you really bad prices on your car, no idea about real dealer.

kind of sucks that you can't get paddle shifts on the 2wd.. im not sure the 4wd is really needed even in the rain

The LSD on the 2WD gets you a lot of places most 2WD pickups just couldn't go, so yes, unnecessary for most normal driving situations. However, it's the 5-speed auto that'd probably draw me towards the 4WD 2011 version now - the paddle shifters aren't such a biggie as the 4-speed still has the sportronic system (+/- gear changes with a tap on the console shifter).

And you get a free rear axle change at major service intervals. :lol::sorry:

And you get a free rear axle change at major service intervals. :lol::sorry:

What rain??, its been dry for weeks. This is the n*b**r that has stated that 'I know nothing about Thailand' on a another topic, and he is asking about trading in 2010 Honda City!!.

Fine by me, I 'll give him a crate of Leo.

My Mitsu dealer called me yesterday, he confirms that the 'new' PJS is waiting for me THIS week for a test drive, woohoo.

He will call me once more again, when the car is ready for me this same week :)

This means that all Mitsu dealer will have it in their showroom this or next week, and if not, you can at least order your new PJS :)

My Mitsu dealer called me yesterday, he confirms that the 'new' PJS is waiting for me THIS week for a test drive, woohoo.

This means that all Mitsu dealer will have it in their showroom this or next week, and if not, you can at least order your new PJS :)

Ask if it comes with a spare rear axle as standard. :unsure::D

will do when im there :)

Joking aside, press them on the axle issue, l know they will lie but reassurance would be nice. :)

Joking aside, press them on the axle issue, l know they will lie but reassurance would be nice. :)

What, pray tell, is "the axle issue"? Is it that well known? Sorry for my ignorance if it is discussed earlier in this or another thread.....