Pajero Brakes

Thaihog

Does anybody know at what service interval the brake pads are checked and replaced. I've only done 15,000 and my brakes are making a terrible judder under heavy to firm braking. Surely the brake pads can't be finished already!

Anybody else had any issue with their brakes? What would the replacement cost be for a new set of pads?

Cheers :jap:

Mine started making noises very early on. At the 5k service they cleaned them, 600km later noisy again. Told they guy to come to a quick firm stop, an yes 'dung jing jing'and he replaced the pads, no charge. Just took 3 visits for them to finally change them.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Mitsubishi today to check my brakes. They needed replaced after only 15K, <deleted>..... spoke to the maintenance manager and he said that it was down to normal wear and tear, what a joke.... Brake pads should be good for 30 to 40K n'est pas.... 3K for replacement pads :annoyed:

Went to Mitsubishi today to check my brakes. They needed replaced after only 15K, <deleted>..... spoke to the maintenance manager and he said that it was down to normal wear and tear, what a joke.... Brake pads should be good for 30 to 40K n'est pas.... 3K for replacement pads :annoyed:

Got to be something wrong there had my Toyota Fortuner auto serviced yesterday 30 thou. Had a brake check report like new. My last car Vigo manual has now done 75+thou and still the same set up from new. Are they useing soft pad's??? And three thou bt. EEEEEEEK.

Thats not even 10 K miles. Sounds like the brakes are working too hard, discs to small a diameter for the job and perhaps a soft compound pad to try and improve braking but they wear out quick. Though usually hard pads are the culprit for noise. ;)

Now have 25,000KM on my Pajero Sport, and on visual inspection would guesstimate the pads are ~40-50% worn, which feels about right.

I thought you upgraded the brakes on your PJS - or was that still on the TODO list?

That's more like it. Must admit I use my car's on run's not to much in town. But even in BKK full time that's not right.

Now have 25,000KM on my Pajero Sport, and on visual inspection would guesstimate the pads are ~40-50% worn, which feels about right.

I thought you upgraded the brakes on your PJS - or was that still on the TODO list?

MRO, never got round to it. But you expect your brakes to last longer than 15K don't you!

I spoke to the owner of the Mitsubishi dealership as I not very happy, he just laughed and said that I should be more careful with my braking in the future. Needless to say, I was not laughing.