Thai House

This is hearsay: There are supposed to be Thai-Companies that sell small wooden Pre-Fabricated Thai Houses.

The procedure: House arrives on a big truck. A big crane puts it on the stilts. Finished. Ready to move in. True or false ?

Cheers.

This is true, If you drive around Issan you will see places that make them. i dot have any phone numbers, but on road number 24 that goes from Korat to Ubon you will see these places on the side of the road.

Same around Ayutthia, Sara buri, Suphan buri.

This is true, If you drive around Issan you will see places that make them. i dot have any phone numbers, but on road number 24 that goes from Korat to Ubon you will see these places on the side of the road.

Same around Ayutthia, Sara buri, Suphan buri.

What is the prices about?

Thanks for input, folks. Have tried to Google the subject, diden't come up with something useful. So, if any of you comes near to such a pre-fab-manufacturer next time, if you could make a short stop and find out if they possibly have a website and convey this to me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry Swissie, no emails, please PM

Cheers.

Edited by Crossy
email removed per forum rules

Website doesen't seem to work anymore...see attached PDF.

www.bansongthai.com

or

http://www.bambooliving.com/prefab-green-homes-collection.html

RAZZ

EDIT- "Google" Thai Wooden houses...first search:

http://www.thailannahome.com/

http://www.alibaba.com/countrysearch/TH/house.html

catalog1-1.pdf

Edited by RAZZELL

I was quoted a price of around 500,000-600,000 for this one - near Den Chai. Not teakwood.

img_0006.jpg

Wow! lot of money for that little thing - I presume this included the land (and there was a LOT of it).

I saw half a wooden house go past on a truck here once (last year I think) - never saw the other half, so guess they still had payments to make !

:D

I was quoted a price of around 500,000-600,000 for this one - near Den Chai. Not teakwood.

img_0006.jpg

Wow! lot of money for that little thing - I presume this included the land (and there was a LOT of it).

I saw half a wooden house go past on a truck here once (last year I think) - never saw the other half, so guess they still had payments to make !

Nope. We are talking about knock downs here aren't we? The quoted price was delivered and assembled on my land. Negotiable.

img_0006.jpg

Nope. We are talking about knock downs here aren't we? The quoted price was delivered and assembled on my land. Negotiable.

Pretty low price considering that assembly on your property is included. If it were teak wood , it would be at least twice the price......I used to have a factory building teak wood knock down homes in San Kamphaeng so I am cognizant of the costs of materials and labor etc. involved.....If the house is truly a "knockdown" house and not put together with nails and caulking, then you got a good deal......

Website doesen't seem to work anymore...see attached PDF.

www.bansongthai.com

or

http://www.bambooliving.com/prefab-green-homes-collection.html

RAZZ

EDIT- "Google" Thai Wooden houses...first search:

http://www.thailannahome.com/

http://www.alibaba.com/countrysearch/TH/house.html

Thanks, RAZZELL, very helpful.

Edited by swissie

Someone help me out. The term "knockdown" was used. I am not familiar with the term with regard to Houses. (A portable, used Thai-House, that was "knocked off" the stilts maybe? Ready to be sold and moved to a new location ?) Cheers.

Someone help me out. The term "knockdown" was used. I am not familiar with the term with regard to Houses. (A portable, used Thai-House, that was "knocked off" the stilts maybe? Ready to be sold and moved to a new location ?) Cheers.

No , not quite. "Knockdown" refers to a building that is built to be assembled and disassembled readily in order to move to another site (location). These homes are usually "panelized" and bolted together rather than nailed together thus they can be "knocked down" and not torn down......

No , not quite. "Knockdown" refers to a building that is built to be assembled and disassembled readily in order to move to another site (location). These homes are usually "panelized" and bolted together rather than nailed together thus they can be "knocked down" and not torn down......

Thanks arby, one can laern something every day. ( I was a bit worried about my understanding and interpretation of "knockdown" with regards to houses in the first place.) HeHe! Cheers.

img_0006.jpg

Hi wimpy ,

That house looks ok for that price ... as you said it's not teak of coarse ... I'm thinking about something similar ...although that wooden house seems pretty small it may be possible to buy two and join them with an open area in the centre , as some thai style homes are built. Do you have any contact details for that company .. thanks.

:rolleyes:

Here is their card. GPS N18 01.109 E100 06.538 There are several places doing the same sort of thing on highway 101 between Den Chai and Phrae.

They have albums with lots of examples and said if I provided a sketch, they would draw up the plans and provide a quote. They can build any size you like.

lhouses.jpg

Edited by wimpy

Here is their card. GPS N18 01.109 E100 06.538 There are several places doing the same sort of thing on highway 101 between Den Chai and Phrae.

They have albums with lots of examples and said if I provided a sketch, they would draw up the plans and provide a quote. They can build any size you like.

lhouses.jpg

Thanks wimpy,very helpful. Cheers.

lhouses.jpg

yes .. thanks also wimpy , your a champ.

I have a big parcel of land in Oz , and i am contemplating putting a thai stye wooden house on it and possibly 8 wooden bungalows if it can be done affordably , maybe next year. I was thinking about shipping them there and building myself . ( maybe a lot of work !! )

The import duty is another 10% i believe .. also transport costs, container hire , and it may need fumigation treatment before entry as per customs regulations. Anyway , its a thought.

cheers. :jap: