Driving With Lights On At Daytime

Semper

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just a tip for you guys running with the lights on. Umm one there flashing there lights at you to tell you the your lights are on. two its a way for trucks to comunicate that there is a crash ahead. third two tell other truck drivers that there is highway patrol up ahead, flashing to acknowledge you.

Highway Patrol do you mean Erik Estrada on a Tiger 150 ? :lol:

Tip flashing headlights in Thailand means i'm coming through that gap at speed, the higher the better if it's unsafe tough i'm not stopping ,Or if you want to stop at red lights dummy's go ahead it does't apply to me proceed on your green at your own peril.

I think your tips work in 'civilised';) countrys ,taking that the other driver is acknowledging you here will get you killed .

I love them in my CRUZE because the lamps are very bright (the daylight ones) Even when I just turn them on the first notch, to drive when it's cloudy, the lamps are nice and bright. I can barely see Honda Civics and other cars behind me on these lights unless they actually turn on their lights all the way.

2012-Chevrolet-Cruze-Richmond-Virginia.jpg

I love them in my CRUZE because the lamps are very bright (the daylight ones) Even when I just turn them on the first notch, to drive when it's cloudy, the lamps are nice and bright. I can barely see Honda Civics and other cars behind me on these lights unless they actually turn on their lights all the way.

you dont even have HID/xenon, you have stock crap halogene with 12,75 volt on bulb, and you call them bright.:lol: :lol:

you dont even have HID/xenon, you have stock crap halogene with 12,75 volt on bulb, and you call them bright.:lol: :lol:

I make you right about HID/xenon's they do however have one drawback I have them fitted on all 6 of mine M/b L/b spot's when I drive at night I'm like the pied piper everyone tuck's in behind me so they can see where they are going. A real pain in the ar/e.

You were a " Volvo " owner at one time wasn't you. " Day running lights they were called " I was always being told I have my lights on when driving during the daytime until people got the message that Volvo's had this but they were a bright side light not a headlight.

I put headlights on here when it is raining.

^ Good idea and many US States are mandating headlights on when the wipers are on. So many cars here are such bland coulors, rarely see a red car but they really stand out, especially in rain

Tinted windows are another Thai speciality hazard. Some are so dark, it is impossible to see out the sides or rear. Too many have tinting on the front windows, too.