Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

well having finally woken up and found the link on the Th ford site to the All New Ranger ( no mention of T6??)..there are tons of pics and links to info but as yet no pricing..KBBum seems to have a guesstimate which is in line with current Ranger pricing.

Was looking at buying current model but having looked at the superior off roady specs, limited slip and locking diff options available...getting undecided....bugger!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sure if I'm allowed to post this but what the helljap.gif

Ford Ranger.

The new Ford Ranger.

0% interest free insurance for one year

on 20% down payment for 48 months. *.

* All models except the STD Cab SWB 3.0 4x4.

when the lease through the Ford-only leasing.

Today - August 31, 2554 at Ford showrooms nationwide.

There's a picture of the old Ranger next to this and underneath it says "The new Ranger".blink.gif What exactly are they selling the all new PX Ranger or a new PK Ranger?whistling.gif

Common sense says I already know the answer but TITsmile.gif

Not to sure if I'm allowed to post this but what the helljap.gif

Ford Ranger.

The new Ford Ranger.

0% interest free insurance for one year

on 20% down payment for 48 months. *.

* All models except the STD Cab SWB 3.0 4x4.

when the lease through the Ford-only leasing.

Today - August 31, 2554 at Ford showrooms nationwide.

There's a picture of the old Ranger next to this and underneath it says "The new Ranger".blink.gif What exactly are they selling the all new PX Ranger or a new PK Ranger?whistling.gif

Common sense says I already know the answer but TITsmile.gif

assuming that would be the old new Ranger going from 25% down and 48 months inetersfree, to 20% down, 48 months interest free

still waiting for the ALL new Ranger, but as all these old ranger campaigns are until august 31, I assume Ford TH will accept and log orders for T6 from September1st

New video posted on Youtube:

Great video...she's a real reeppa mate :_) Gold.

Is this the spec we will see for the top of the line Fords here in Thailand, or this is an aussie only spec?

heated seats not so necessary...all those cool gadgets...not necessary but very very nice to have.

Definitely a nice pickup, time to ditch the SUV and go for a pick up i think!

Is this the spec we will see for the top of the line Fords here in Thailand, or this is an aussie only spec?

heated seats not so necessary...all those cool gadgets...not necessary but very very nice to have.

Only time will tell if Ford will supply a true full-spec offering in TH.. It's a bit risky, as there's really no way Ford can be price-competitive in Thailand with the full Oz-spec safety pack, unless they decide to take a total bath on the top-model in order to have a segment leader here...

As for SUV's, the next-gen T6 based SUV (Everest) has been under development for several months already, and will launch in Thailand next year..

Some updates from Aus.

Dealer books have been delivered. Most of the features have already been released on YouTube and Facebook (Aussie spec) except that the Wildtrak will have 8 way power seats and a Roller Shutter on the tub.

Delivery for customers will start in September with the double-cab XLT out first, then the super-cabs will follow in October, the single-cabs will be out in November and the Wildtrak not arriving till January 2012sad.gif

I hope that isn't the case for Thailand! I don't want to wait till next year for the Wildtrak, I think the XLT will have to suffice till then.

Only time will tell if Ford will supply a true full-spec offering in TH.. It's a bit risky, as there's really no way Ford can be price-competitive in Thailand with the full Oz-spec safety pack, unless they decide to take a total bath on the top-model in order to have a segment leader here...

As for SUV's, the next-gen T6 based SUV (Everest) has been under development for several months already, and will launch in Thailand next year..

Ford TH did dare to spec 699k baht Fiesta above all TH competition

The top line Ranger wont make that many sales in TH, so I believe (hope :jap: ) they will spec it OZ to lift the whole Ranger line.

As we can see from present top Wildtrack, they are not frightend to price a product they consider superior over the top

The top line Ranger wont make that many sales in TH, so I believe (hope :jap: ) they will spec it OZ to lift the whole Ranger line.

As we can see from present top Wildtrack, they are not frightend to price a product they consider superior over the top

If I were the Ford marketing manager, I'd definitely go the loss-leader route and pack the Wildtrak with every possible option/feature, then sell it at/near cost, in order to establish a reputation of being the absolute best pickup on the TH market.. The bread and butter is never going to be in 900K+ units, so you'll easily make up the shortfall in profits from the better selling (lower) models.

But I'm not the marketing manager for Ford ;)

If VW decide to launch the Amarok in TH (still a reasonable probability), that will be the end of any current tier-2's having the opportunity to be recognized as a top marque for pickups - so it's possibly now or never for Ford (and Chev) IMHO.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I do not know if i saw the wrong Wildtrack, but the one i looked at 2.5 weeks ago was hardly worth even the price it had.

Very narrow, seats not comfortable, very "poor" looking dash.

Edited by kuffki

I do not know if i saw the wrong Wildtrack, but the one i looked at 2.5 weeks ago was hardly worth even the price it had.

Very narrow, seats not comfortable, very "poor" looking dash.

We're talking about the (upcoming) T6 Wildtrak, not the current model...

The current model Ranger/BT-50 is far from being competitive in the segment - in fact that's about as many words as I can spare for it ;)

If VW decide to launch the Amarok in TH (still a reasonable probability), that will be the end of any current tier-2's having the opportunity to be recognized as a top marque for pickups

Where would they build it? Where would they sell and support it? I can only see that happening if VW make a re-entry in the Thai market with other models in a meaningful way.

If VW decide to launch the Amarok in TH (still a reasonable probability), that will be the end of any current tier-2's having the opportunity to be recognized as a top marque for pickups

Where would they build it? Where would they sell and support it? I can only see that happening if VW make a re-entry in the Thai market with other models in a meaningful way.

Malaysia or Thailand. Malaysian manufactring deal for selected VW passenger cars already done, and VW still has big focus on TH in their latest investor's report.

Malaysia or Thailand. Malaysian manufactring deal for selected VW passenger cars already done, and VW still has big focus on TH in their latest investor's report.

Malaysian vehicles are duty free to TH due to ASEAN agreement.

Yep, FTA's mean duty-free cars between TH, MY, PH and ID

Does this also apply to second hand cars that have Malaysian duty paid? I would love to bring mine in from MY if I can.

Unfortunately, no - 2nd hand cars don't apply. If it was the case, I'd have a 911 Turbo-II in the drive just for fun, and the Mrs would be driving Cayman R for the school run (both are less than half the TH price)

Does this also apply to second hand cars that have Malaysian duty paid? I would love to bring mine in from MY if I can.

Unfortunately, no - 2nd hand cars don't apply. If it was the case, I'd have a 911 Turbo-II in the drive just for fun, and the Mrs would be driving Cayman R for the school run (both are less than half the TH price)

dam_n. So I'm still stuck with a 5 yr old CLK that has 37,000 km on the clock gathering dust and being driven 2-3 days a month. angry.gif

any car Malaysian made

here in Phuket there are quiet a few of the Malaysian secondhand minicars being imported, sold at 2-300k baht

any car Malaysian made

here in Phuket there are quiet a few of the Malaysian secondhand minicars being imported, sold at 2-300k baht

Unfortunately, mine's a CBU and not made locally

any car Malaysian made

Interesting.. Pity it's only high-end imports that are cheaper in MY... VW and Peugeot have both setup shop in MY, but aren't producing anything particuarly exciting :(

Just been to the Pattaya "motor show" in Central, still the old Ranger Wildtrack on display, the sales lady told me that the new one comes in October.

Do anybody know how much space will be inside the 4 doors model, I want to change my City 06 next year with a SUV or Pick-up, well I guess I will find out when I see it, lol.

any car Malaysian made

Interesting.. Pity it's only high-end imports that are cheaper in MY... VW and Peugeot have both setup shop in MY, but aren't producing anything particuarly exciting :(

wonder how much MyVi (Daihatsu made in MY) would cost in top spec ex MY taxes. Havent been in KL for 2 years, but at that time I was considering checking it out. Had this idea of market small cheap cars, tight logistics with 3-4 colors only, in Tesco/BigC stores. Now Brio and March are taking this cake in TH

any car Malaysian made

wonder how much MyVi (Daihatsu made in MY) would cost in top spec ex MY taxes. Havent been in KL for 2 years, but at that time I was considering checking it out. Had this idea of market small cheap cars, tight logistics with 3-4 colors only, in Tesco/BigC stores. Now Brio and March are taking this cake in TH

come on kbb this is a thread about the Ford T6..you should know better!!! I was hoping and waiting to see some pricing re the topic title..get with the program mate :rolleyes:

any car Malaysian made

come on kbb this is a thread about the Ford T6..you should know better!!! I was hoping and waiting to see some pricing re the topic title..get with the program mate :rolleyes:

sorry :jap:

3 of us went off topic

I have given up the idea of getting a 4 door 3,2 4x4 auto this year, believe OZ will get priority on high end spec supply due to its OZ prices

VW is well advanced at the round table of discussions in regards to setting up an assembly plant here, whether the will service the local market though I don't know.

seems that Everest T6 will not be launched before 2013-2014 .... anybody heard about that ?