Honda Tena Converted Into An Offroad/Motard

MaiChai

Headed to the beach new Petchaburi for a couple of days and saw a Honda Tena converted into an off road bike. Thought that was pretty cool. Had a hunt on mocyc.com, and saw something similar: http://mocyc.com/store/view.php?idclassified=493025

Its a 2stroke Honda air cooled. Forks/front disk/brake are from a TZR/VR. Carb from a Dash. Certainly would be an interesting project to build one of these from an old Tena (which you can pick up for 5000 baht).

Also another one: http://mocyc.com/store/view.php?idclassified=441798

Just thought it was interesting. Once saw a TZR converted into a motorcross bike too.

In my soi some of the kids have a Honda Monkey bike with a new elongated rear arm (in alloy); again looks quite cool!

Definitely for mech heads rather than people concerned with safety!

But you already live dangerously by being in Thailand :lol:

According to a number of our consulates, Thailand is the most dangerous place in the world for us to reside. Want some more stats; something like 280 odd Brits died in Thailand last year (mind you some of these are probably natural deaths). You want to up the chances of you dieing here? Jump on a motorbike in Bangkok (whether it be as a passenger or rider).

As a biker in Thailand you already take considerable risks. You could argue that life would be boring without taking any risks (I mean staying in your home country and never venture out into SE Asia).

I would worry about it breaking when you took it off road. Suppose you could say that about any bike; I mean Ducatti had a bad batch of frames that were not welded correctly. Proper bikes crack frames, etc. If you took it on a beach I suppose it would be a soft landing?

With a bike like this you need to find its limits; I mean in terms of suspension movement, etc. Once you know its limits then you can ride is accordingly. The danger is not knowing the bike and not regularly inspecting it?

Never mind; I am being too serious here.

Edited by MaiChai