How Do U Store Ur Bike?

gravion

to those that live in apartments or similar, how do u keep ur bike?

bike such as cbr, phantom, etc.

i have seen some putting chains, but that's a lot of work everythime u go and off, and how about measures on vandalism?

Is there a gaurd or a cctv monitor in the car-park? Park in view of camera. Also 20 baht or a red bull for the gaurd now and then is fair. They don't get paid enough to stay awake otherwise.

My wonderful wife brought a little motion sensor alarm that attaches to the bike lock and key style. One day I'll remember to take it off before I sit the bike up.... sets of a high pitch siren for about 10 seconds. Long enough for the nieghbours to stick their heads out and laugh at me. Sure a thief would leg it. For false alarms like a kid sitting on it to drink his shake out the front of the 7-11 the 10 seconds doesn't seem to p$^ people off too much. 350 baht for alarm and does seem to work fine for 6 months or so now. Still can't remember to take it off before I get on! Like getting into the car with the keys in you tight jeans pocket...

As a ps - a chain and a disc lock didn't stop 'em getting my 20,000+ shocks having dropped the bike on it's side to do the job.The alarm will I hope.

Edited by andrew55

My wonderful wife brought a little motion sensor alarm that attaches to the bike lock and key style.

This sounds ideal. Got any more info about the alarm? Brand name / model number, a picture maybe??

Mine is parked in the shed outside and usually I remember to bring in the keys. We haven't shut the gate in years but I do live out in the sticks where everybody is honest and in 8 years of living here nothing has been stolen yet.

Several times I have left the keys in the scooter, Phantom or the pickup in the village and it has always been there when I came back. The same with leaving my helmet on the bike, it is always there when I come back.

In the big cities I would be much more careful but that is another reason I live out here.

do u owners have theft insurnace? this can be purchased at the same time as the bike right?

i owned wave, and if i remember it was like 100 baht for the insurance? that covers up to the value i tink, 40k baht.

what i worry is the vandalism and i dont trust the guards, they are prolly the ones keying or putting nails under the tire or sumthing... and where i will be wont have cctv

ps: what effects do slashing of those tubes connecting to the brakes? have?

they seem to be hanging out and seems very important for the function of the bike...

My wonderful wife brought a little motion sensor alarm that attaches to the bike lock and key style.

This sounds ideal. Got any more info about the alarm? Brand name / model number, a picture maybe??

Hope these snaps are adequate.

Only brand label is in Chinese. Sure the quality is poor but adequate. Mrs me brought it at Khlong Tom(?) markets. Says they're a permanent everyday market.

PS The little tubie things going to the brakes are pretty important.

Hope these snaps are adequate.

Only brand label is in Chinese. Sure the quality is poor but adequate.Meant to have the main part stay attached to th forks but I can't use this way as big spokes for the male part of the device. Doesn't seem to matter as can just clip on anywhere.

'Mrs me' brought it at Khlong Tom(?) markets. Says they're a permanent everyday market.

Unfortunatethat you don't have a better relationshipwith your gaurds. I'd be working on that.

PS The little tubie things going to the brakes are pretty important.whistling.gif

post-87979-0-27465700-1306053205_thumb.j

post-87979-0-96757000-1306053286_thumb.j

post-87979-0-37914000-1306053294_thumb.j

post-87979-0-29386500-1306053304_thumb.j

post-87979-0-73374800-1306053310_thumb.j

Edited by andrew55

I got a brake caliper lock from Sumet Honda. It's small and screams like a pissed off baby when you set it off, after 10 seconds or so it resets and screams again if need be. At night I park in a private bike closet that my apartment manager gives me for free (she's da bomb) and the guard looks after me very well. Last week my bike got cased by some thugs and he was on top of it! I slid him a hundred.

If you can't have a good relationship with your guard I'd move. Between the repairs and the stress, in every sense, you'll pay less.

do u owners have theft insurnace? this can be purchased at the same time as the bike right?

i owned wave, and if i remember it was like 100 baht for the insurance? that covers up to the value i tink, 40k baht.

what i worry is the vandalism and i dont trust the guards, they are prolly the ones keying or putting nails under the tire or sumthing... and where i will be wont have cctv

ps: what effects do slashing of those tubes connecting to the brakes? have?

they seem to be hanging out and seems very important for the function of the bike...

:D

I bought the Scorpion alarm system

It has modules to add onto the basic package. The one I have has the mercury switch and a horn that is ear pericing with a remote that automatically arms it when you walk away. If the alarm goes of it notifies you through the remote. I added the sonar module so if someone gets within 4 inches of the seat it will go off. I also have the kill switch so it cuts the ignition when alarm is activated. Also you can activate the kill switch from the remote if the bike is strong armed from you.

Only down fall with this system is the remote is rechargeable witch is good as long as you remember to charge it. If it goes dead as you are cruising down the road the alarm system thinks you have walked away. Then the alarm starts sounding and it is ear pericing through the helmet and over the load pipes. Then the engine shuts down. Its just better to make sure its charged before riding.

Here is the link

My link

I am lucky in that I ride a Harley. Small number of bikes in Thailand means no market for the bike if stolen - everybody knows immediately. If you part it out, same thing.

In Canada I use a disc lock, more for my own peace of mind than anything else.

If they want it, they will get it.

Theft insurance for sure - pricy here, but less than the alternative.

I am lucky in that I ride a Harley. Small number of bikes in Thailand means no market for the bike if stolen - everybody knows immediately. If you part it out, same thing.

In Canada I use a disc lock, more for my own peace of mind than anything else.

If they want it, they will get it.

Theft insurance for sure - pricy here, but less than the alternative.

You might be lucky you ride a Harley but i hope its in better shape as your internet connection :D