2012 Ninja 650R- First Look!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they fitted a power commander for the Leo Vince???????????

I was thinking the exact same thing, but there's very little info on this subject at the moment :(

You might be the first in the world to post an A/F ratio, hope you're able to find a rolling road mate :)

I wonder if they fitted a power commander for the Leo Vince???????????

I was thinking the exact same thing, but there's very little info on this subject at the moment sad.png

You might be the first in the world to post an A/F ratio, hope you're able to find a rolling road mate smile.png

Hmmm!

Time is now not in my hands as I go back to work (in Rayong) on Weds.

Arhhhhhhhhh!

I paid Panda and Paddock a visit today and treated my girlfriend to a nice full armored mesh jacket and a tank bag.... Yes the tank bag is for my girlfriend, no more rucksack on her back biggrin.png

The jacket was from Paddock discounted down to 2800B, bargain!post-59428-0-19973100-1325598543_thumb.j

The magnetic tank bag was from Panda and weighed in a 2900B which i thought was pretty cheap too considering it was the largest one they have for sale post-59428-0-81075500-1325598546_thumb.j

Here's a little more info on the Tank bag if anyone needs one, http://www.bagster.com/en/showroom.php?id=82

Both shops were helpful and Panda signed me up for a membership card which which entitles me to 10% of next time i visit smile.png

Edited by karlos

Not sure is this is a review or marketing but it gives an overview of the bike for pottential buyers smile.png

Normally the Yanks don't really say anything when reviewing a bike but this one was a lot better. Cheers.

All true what they say BTW. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Quick grumble!

Anyone know why a local Kawa garage wouldn't stock tyres for the Ninja 650? It's really annoying to have to make a trip to the garage just to lay down a deposit to get them to order two effin tyres. ARG.

vampire.gif

Oh, and if anyone knows an alternative place to get tyres in Phuket please let me know. Thanks.

That seems a little odd, my local dealer stocks the original tyres, both the Dunlops and the older generations Bridgestones plus some super sticky Pirelli's too.

I was about to suggest alternative places but then saw your second post, hope you find a dependable tyre shop soon :)

Quick grumble!

Anyone know why a local Kawa garage wouldn't stock tyres for the Ninja 650? It's really annoying to have to make a trip to the garage just to lay down a deposit to get them to order two effin tyres. ARG.

vampire.gif

Oh, and if anyone knows an alternative place to get tyres in Phuket please let me know. Thanks.

The Phuket Kawa dealer has a terrible reputation- you should hear some of the other dealerships rag on the owner of Kawasaki, Phuket... drunk.gif

Quick grumble!

vampire.gif

The Phuket Kawa dealer has a terrible reputation- you should hear some of the other dealerships rag on the owner of Kawasaki, Phuket... drunk.gif

Wonderful.

While reading various posts on a Thai er6 forum, i noticed 'OEM titanium exhaust' so i looked into it a little further and it seems a guy is doing a group buy on the exhaust system i have posted below. He states that the system is made in Japan (Very similar style to the Beat / Beet system) and will cost 2*,*** baht. He's in the early stages of gathering enough people to meet the minimum order, but if it is a full titanium system and cost less than 30,000B i think i would be in on that deal providing the first group buy turns out to be genuine and not a scam.

I'm not sure about the OEM part of his thread, however he has said the exhaust systems should be available Mid Feb and the exhausts are packaged in a Kawasaki branded box, but i guess anyone can dump an exhaust system into any old box....

I'll be watching this thread closely smile.png

post-59428-0-24996700-1327667459_thumb.j

post-59428-0-22058600-1327667462_thumb.j

post-59428-0-65748300-1327667464_thumb.j

post-59428-0-25926700-1327667467_thumb.j

post-59428-0-78702300-1327667473_thumb.j

post-59428-0-33929100-1327667477_thumb.j

post-59428-0-53938600-1327667482_thumb.j

• Like 1

Quick grumble!

vampire.gif

Wonderful.

Managed to BUY new tyres. Just had to find some Somchai to put them on. They're on now and i'm loving the corners PLUS, he only dropped my bike off the paddock stand once.

TIT

Managed to BUY new tyres. Just had to find some Somchai to put them on. They're on now and i'm loving the corners PLUS, he only dropped my bike off the paddock stand once.

TIT

I usually put my bike on stands and bring only the wheels to the tire shop so I won't have to worry about them messing anything up. (Our of curiosity, did Somchai balance your wheeles and use a torque wrench when he re-installed your calipers?)

TIT

I usually put my bike on stands and bring only the wheels to the tire shop so I won't have to worry about them messing anything up. (Our of curiosity, did Somchai balance your wheeles and use a torque wrench when he re-installed your calipers?)

Is that a joke?

No Balancing, No torque wrench.

I hate to be a moaner but it's saddening to see the lack of enthusiasm and passion for your job that is so prevalent in Phuket.

I'm not annoyed just deflated. What to do?

TIT

Is that a joke?

I hate to be a moaner but it's saddening to see the lack of enthusiasm and passion for your job that is so prevalent in Phuket.

Dont take it personally ,Yamaha and Tiger dont have torque wrenches either

"hand tight " is the standard torque measurement in thailand :)

TIT

Is that a joke?

Um, no... I wasn't joking.

From your description of "Somchai" dropping your bike off the stand I had to wonder just what kind of mechanic he is and it's out of genuine concern that I ask you if he used a torque wrench on your calipers and balanced your wheels, because most roadside mechanics don't have said equipment...

Surely there must be some qualified mechanics with proper tools on Phuket, no?

TIT

Is that a joke?

Dont take it personally ,Yamaha and Tiger dont have torque wrenches either

"hand tight " is the standard torque measurement in thailand smile.png

There you go spreading false information again. Obviously you've never been to the Yamaha Riders Club where the highly trained professional mechanics most certainly DO have and use torque wrenches.

TIT

Is that a joke?

Um, no... I wasn't joking.

From your description of "Somchai" dropping your bike off the stand I had to wonder just what kind of mechanic he is and it's out of genuine concern that I ask you if he used a torque wrench on your calipers and balanced your wheels, because most roadside mechanics don't have said equipment...

Surely there must be some qualified mechanics with proper tools on Phuket, no?

Visit Manit Center Max close to Supercheap

They will not take wheels off and on bikes, but will guide you to someone who will. Then they will bring them to MCM to balance, bring back and install

If tyres are installed by somchai, you should also check if tyres red dot is positioned where rims valve is. Makes balance weight as light as possible

@bigbikebkk

i own two yamahas and i get serviced by yamaha every 4000 km,another 600km and the elegance is going in so il make a video of them changing the oil and plugs without checking torque as per usual

i know you like to get your face in every thread and post some (more) mindless drivel so i wont get in your way .....;)

jerk.gif

@bigbikebkk

i own two yamahas and i get serviced by yamaha every 4000 km,another 600km and the elegance is going in so il make a video of them changing the oil and plugs without checking torque as per usual

i know you like to get your face in every thread and post some (more) mindless drivel so i wont get in your way .....wink.png

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about motorcycles in this 650R thread, not scooters... passifier.gif

I think it's safe to say that the quality of service and mechanics at most scooter shops does not measure up to the quality of service and mechanics at most big bike service centers.

Perhaps you should stick to scooter threads since it's obvious you don't know much about real motorcycles giggle.gif

• Like 1

@bigbikebkk

i know you like to get your face in every thread and post some (more) mindless drivel so i wont get in your way .....wink.png

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about motorcycles in this 650R thread, not scooters... passifier.gif

I think it's safe to say that the quality of service and mechanics at most scooter shops does not measure up to the quality of service and mechanics at most big bike service centers.

Perhaps you should stick to scooter threads since it's obvious you don't know much about real motorcycles giggle.gif

its your world boss , dont mind us ,were just living in it ...... jerk.gif

Edited by wana

@bigbikebkk

its your world boss , dont mind us ,were just living in it ...... wink.png

Is there some reason you keep making duplicate posts? passifier.gif

• 4 weeks later...