Video Editing Software

bangkok-bob

My daughter and I have done some very nice videos with the Microsoft offering called Windows movie maker 2, It's very easy to use and best of all....It's free to download!

The only thing it won't do is burn a fully functional DVD with menu's

Greg

Hi there,

in the past i used uleads video editor too. One year ago i changed to Pinnacles Systems Studio 8.

It's easy to use with a good selection of tools and views.

The finished video you can output in several formats (Mpeg, Avi, VCD, SVCD...)

A good application for the whole developmentlifecycle (Capture-Cut/Edit-Output).

Regards and greetings from Berlin.

Exchange1973

Bob

there is an article written about your program on that site I mentioned it seems fairly well written with good graphics included. You can also post any queries on their site in the newbies section and get replies very quickly they really are very helpfull.

Hiya exchange

Just got a pinnacle capture card from the missus for xmas and so far I like it, am watching cricket now while posting this thread. The only thing is it is very memory hungry, might have to go up to 1 gig.

regards

Guest IT Manager
Just got a pinnacle capture card from the missus for xmas and so far I like it, am watching cricket now while posting this thread. The only thing is it is very memory hungry, might have to go up to 1 gig.

regards

Bloody show off

Any suggestions?  :o  :D

I bought a Dazzle Digital Video Creator 150. It enables you to edit, add headers, merge,etc. You can convert your digital video to MPG format and save it to VCD or DVD.

I tried a few of the software packages but they were generally to slow. Once you get used to this box of tricks it will save you time.

Only watch the cricket when looking good for us, so far so good today looks like a win for us, go to sydney 1 all.

IT really serious about more memory when copying to cd am getting jerky and or dropped frames so the answer to everything is memory. Have got an old 20 gig hard drive might fit it and use only for recording movies.

I have to put my cent in this as I begin to play with video too ... B)

I have tried some programs, a few ...

until adobe premiere :o

the fact is from movie maker2, through ulead video studio7, pinnacle, ulead dvd factory, and so on, they are not easy to manipulate, just because, it's something

we are not use to do, this not music, docs ..it's video, streams, timelines, frames, subtitles, languages, options, menus ...etc B)

have to get use to it, my preference goes to ulead video studio, dvd factory, and divx ... but it's my choice.

movie maker make a good job, but only for computer display, a little light ...

no real compression options, and only one way to save project .

try some, none have the same options ...

but as Bronco said, video is memory hungry, and it's not a show off :D

512 is just enough ... so, if you plan to work a lot with videos and\or sounds, 1GB won't be a shame to have B)

and it's not this expensive like before ...

francois

Hi,

Personaly I have been using Pinnacle Studio 8 and older versions for 4 years now and it has won all sorts of awards according to it's web site.

I recently converted a friend to it and he had a movie cut with transitions etc in a couple of days of playing.

It has many advance features like slow motion and special effects once you get used to the basics. You can also burn DVD (Including a menu editor),VCD,SVCD or output to MPEG1,2,3,AVI or just your monitor if you have a TV out.

Just my opinion but I have tried most of the others in the past and none have the complete package. I presume you have a Firewire port to connect to your PC!

The only draw back is you need GB's of free disk space to capture you video's for editing.

Goto http://www.pinnaclesys.com for a trial version.

Regards

Simon.

I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN TRYING TO MAKE UP SOME VCD'S AND USED A COMBINATION OF MGI VIDEOWAVE 4 & PIXELA IMAGEMIXER (WHICH CAME WITH MY SONY VIDEOCAMERA) AND THEY ARE VERY STRAIGHT FORWARD TO BEGIN WITH.

I AM NOW HOPING TO BUY A DVD BURNER SO I CAN MAKE SOME DVD TO SEND TO FAMILY IN ENGLAND, ANY IDEAS WHICH IS A GOOD ONE TO GO FOR??

ALSO DVD EDITING SOFTWARE WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A SCENE SELECTION WITHOUT HAVING TO GO BACK TO THE MAIN MENU EVERYTIME??

CHEERS :o

At the risk of repeating myself go to the link I mentioned in a previous post in this topic you will find all the info you want, downloads free not so free, reviews on each and "How To" articles, failing that you can post enquiries and get them answered quickly.

"Buy an apple mac"!!!

Oh... sure... why not... Money to burn for a computer that over 90% of the world no longer use! (tho I'm sure it does have its place somewhere... if only I could find it!)

Macs USED to be the be all and end all of video editing! Fact is a PC can do EXACTLY the same these days!

Don't agree? Feel free to flame me, but tell me what computer Star Trek - "Next Generations" used for their CGI... NOT a PC :o or a MAC???? :D Why???

bronco:

your first pass should always be mpg->mpg with "fix mpeg errors" checked. then try mpg->dat. once this is done open it with windows media player.

if it works create the CD image.

I recommend you install "Deamon Tools" to mount the CD image as a virtual CD drive and test once more before cutting.

If you say you broke a 3 hour movie,ensure you have the "span CD" option checked. VCD's will hold only about 50 minutes (ftoh) of video.

Cheers,

./P

phasey I lost the movie completely cant find the files anywhere, it just left an empty folder.

I need to spend more time with program, just really pissed I lost that movie was a good one captured from TV station.

My mate has just bought a TV with built in DVD, so will be able to burn movies and I can convert to VCD

Have got some VCD with Thai overdubbing any idea how to get the english back? I have been messing around with GNU VCD imager but not getting anywhere.

I relly got to get some more ram though if I'm gonna keep converting movies.

My *guess* would be that you specified the same filename for the input and output file. Always try to use different paths when processing files (c:/to_convert/ & c:/converted/ )

You cannot change the subtitles on a vcd file.

./P