Decent English Speaking Celphone Shop In Cm?

jaideeguy

How many times I've gon into a cel phone shop and not only is all the printed info in Thai, but the sales people don't speak any but the bare minimum English and on top of that they mostly don't have a clue about their products.

Can anyone recomend a shop where they have the best inventory and good English speaking sales people that know their product??

thanks in advance

Bumping this 2 day old post with zero replies in the hope that someone can recomend an English speaking celphone shop.......or maybe there are none here?? I've been looking for years and haven't found one.

In case you can not find any English speaking celphone shop, I think may be easier to ask Thai people (have to speak good English) to go with you and help you to find celphone( Do you mean mobile phone or other?) that you want.

You can also search to the websit of celphone the brand that you want in option that you want then ask at the celphone shop to find that model for you.

Sorry not giving the answer. Just hoping for help. I keep putting 100 BHT on my cellphone only to find out after the confirmation message and receiving thai texts all my credit is sucked?? HELP

In case you can not find any English speaking celphone shop, I think may be easier to ask Thai people (have to speak good English) to go with you and help you to find celphone( Do you mean mobile phone or other?) that you want.

You can also search to the websit of celphone the brand that you want in option that you want then ask at the celphone shop to find that model for you.

A few of the shops on the 3rd(?) floor of Central Airport Plaza have English speaking staff. Also, TGFONE who have a shop there also have a website showing the models they carry (just stick a dot com after the name)

Cheers,

Pikey.

The DTAC shop in the basement of KSK has some staffers who can speak English. I don't know if I'd consider their selections of phones to be "the best inventory", but it was adequate for my needs. The phone I bought came with a manual printed in several languages and the staffer showed me how to do the most common tasks on the phone. They've been very helpful every time I needed to top up, also.

<br />Sorry not giving the answer.  Just hoping for help.  I keep putting 100 BHT on my cellphone only to find out after the confirmation message and receiving thai texts all my credit is sucked??  HELP
<br />In case you can not find any English speaking celphone shop, I think may be easier to ask Thai people (have to speak good English) to go with you and help you to find celphone( Do you mean mobile phone or other?) that you want.  <br /><br />You can also search to the websit of celphone the brand that you want in option that you want then ask at the celphone shop to find that model for you.<br />
<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You must have an i phone from abroad right i know 2 people that have had this problem and not solved it if you do solve it let me know please.

they ended up buying a cheap phone in the end.

If you're walking into any phone shop without a short list of specific phone model's specifications that meet or exceed your specific requirements then you are doing it wrong.

I usually buy from Jay Mart, one of the bigger chains. But not without proper prior research on Google.

When I was still buying Nokias, i.e. before Nokia imploded into a self-induced business & technological coma, I liked to buy from the Nokia shop. (Airport Plaza)

Typically I don't think it's worth saving 100 or 200 baht to buy from some small shop to get a phone that the shop has already demoed to the whole world. Prefer to get a virgin one, still wrapped tightly in the same condom it left the factory in.

So, short answer: Jay Mart. www.jaymart.co.th

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

To be fair I agree with most of the people who consider you to have the wrong attitude towards the whole thing. Why would they have everything in English? You're in Thailand, hence all signage in Thai ! I'm quite sure you've been here long enough and already know that and it's just frustration that's got to you lol.

Like many I would suggest using some of the thousands of English language websites which allow you to review phones and some allow comparisons from one model to another.

You may also wish to compose a shortlist and pose a question on TV as to which the members think is the best phone & why? There are some knowledgable people in this field who use TV quite a lot.

I've personally only ever attempted to use Jay-Mart once recently and as I wished to buy an iPhone without a postpaid contract they had no interest in my business at all and where quite ignorant about the whole thing. This was the outlet in Airport Plaza. All of the other stores were well overpriced for the product and they all loaded them with loads of useless apps so I ended up buying from a store I've dealt with on the outskirts of town. They offered it at the correct price and did all the unlocking I needed and will continue any updates I need for 12 months free of charge, that's the sort of service you should expect when spending that sort of money.

Good luck with it all and remember, you can do all the pre-buying legwork and research from the comfort of your computer desk!!

How many times I've gon into a cel phone shop and not only is all the printed info in Thai, but the sales people don't speak any but the bare minimum English and on top of that they mostly don't have a clue about their products.

Jaideeguy, how do you know they mostly don't have a clue about their products if they don't speak but the bare minimum of English? It appears that you speak the bare minimum of Thai.

Isn't it odd how all the printed info is in Thai and the language spoken by the staff is mostly Thai? I sure that 99.9% of their customers are, no doubt, people that can read and speak Thai. ;)

How long have you been in Thailand? :rolleyes:

Come on, people, the OP asked a reasonable question, although he could have phrased it in a way that wasn't a put-down of all Thai shop-clerks. I've been studying the Thai language for about 2.5 years, spending about 20 hrs per week on lessons and homework. I can read at the 4th grade level and will soon move into a 5th grade book. It's been a slow go to learn the language. Even with all the time I've invested, I'd be hard pressed to have a complicated conversation with a Thai shop clerk about the features and benefits of various phone models, especially if I wanted a phone that does more than just make and receive phone calls. And it would be a bit of a slog to translate an owners manual and even read the shop signs, especially if they're written in some fancy Thai font, rather than the normal font used in textbooks.

I provided one specific shop recommendation. A few others have provided other specific recommendations. But, almost like clockwork on these threads, someone will start to attack an OP with "you're in Thailand, you shouldn't be surprised that everything is presented in the Thai language and you should either learn Thai or go back to where you came from." Sigh. Those type of responses create an air of hostility on this forum and scare away potential new contributors.

Come on, people, the OP asked a reasonable question, although he could have phrased it in a way that wasn't a put-down of all Thai shop-clerks. I've been studying the Thai language for about 2.5 years, spending about 20 hrs per week on lessons and homework. I can read at the 4th grade level and will soon move into a 5th grade book. It's been a slow go to learn the language. Even with all the time I've invested, I'd be hard pressed to have a complicated conversation with a Thai shop clerk about the features and benefits of various phone models, especially if I wanted a phone that does more than just make and receive phone calls. And it would be a bit of a slog to translate an owners manual and even read the shop signs, especially if they're written in some fancy Thai font, rather than the normal font used in textbooks.

I provided one specific shop recommendation. A few others have provided other specific recommendations. But, almost like clockwork on these threads, someone will start to attack an OP with "you're in Thailand, you shouldn't be surprised that everything is presented in the Thai language and you should either learn Thai or go back to where you came from." Sigh. Those type of responses create an air of hostility on this forum and scare away potential new contributors.

A good post from Nancy L i do not see the point of being so negative with responses .The OP could have been frazed the question a little better ,but come on its just advice that is required.BB lighten up a bit .

Thanks Nancy....it mostly seems to be the same same posters that have nothing better to do than bash legitimate posts. My OP was not intended to insult Thais.....I blame the managements that hire them, but don't train their staff in their products. Just go into any superstore appliance section and when you need help, there will be 10 sales girls chatting away in the corner and you have to walk up to them and try to get info on product and mostly they don't have a clue....poor training and cheap labor!!

To BB....maybe longer than you.....I've been here in LOS for 12 years full time and speak less Thai than I did before marrying a

Thai, who speaks English and I give up on learning, as I've discovered that I am tone deaf and the language is just too complicated.

I do manage to get most things done with my limited Thai and a lot of Thaiglish and hand signs, but when it comes to technical things like celphones and computer stuff, mechanical and construction terms even my Thai Wife falls short in translating things that are over her head.

So, BB, poo thai?? me, gnu gnu/pla pla.

got sidetracked by the bbb [blinky bill basher] and wanted to say about my OP. I have done research on my own and found the phone that I want and it's now just a matter of comparing prices.....then the challenge of getting someone to show a dummie how to operate his first smartphone....my phen rai....google is my translator.

Jaideeguy, how do you know they mostly don't have a clue about their products if they don't speak but the bare minimum of English? It appears that you speak the bare minimum of Thai.

Isn't it odd how all the printed info is in Thai and the language spoken by the staff is mostly Thai? I sure that 99.9% of their customers are, no doubt, people that can read and speak Thai. ;)

How long have you been in Thailand? :rolleyes:

A physical presence does not mean one is here in Thailand. Some are here for only Eleven Minutes once in a while.