New Sandwich Bar At Mabrachan Resevoir

Digger

:o Fantastic! A SANDWICH BAR(makes a change from an AGOGO bar)

I live opersit Laurel park and have been there for two years, I am currently on holiday in the UK.

I was unaware of this as I have been away for three months now, It's a good idea as you have to go some way to get a sandwich and it gets quite tricky on the old Thai Harley Wave when you have had copius amounts of liquid gold(singha).

Nice to hear the staff are pleasing to the eye but I will have to keep this to myself as the green eyed brown eyed monster indoors will be really pleased (NOT).

I would guess it is one of Stevens prodjects from Laurell park(I hope it lasts longer than the corner shop which was the one other of his prodjects,very dodgy staff which led to the downfall).

It would be nice to hear from some neighbours as there isnt much of a social scene around there,but I guess as the area is growing quite a bit that is set to change.

Any water in the pond yet?

WORRIED ABOUT THE LAWN CONDITION

CHEERS

Gareth

• 1 year later...

Popped in today for some bread as usual and noticed they have started doing cooked breakfasts. I went for the large breakfast and its pretty filling - could not even finish all of it. From memory it was two sausages, 2 or 3 rashers bacon, hash brown, 2 eggs, beans and tomato. Then they brought a load of toast and a nice glass of decent orange juice and a pot of English tea. As I recall the price was 175baht and all the meat is from Yorkies - which they now also sell if you want chilled bacon or frozen sausages. I was very impressed with the whole thing - still dont know how it makes any money though - never seems to have a continual trade, although every once in a while, there are a few people in there.

When paying I also noticed a picture of a ploughmans lunch that looked pretty good as well - pork pie, ham, cheese, branston, pickled onion and salad. Must put that on the list to try tomorrow. I actually like this place - service is good and polite - newspapers to read and internet for anyone without a phone line or adsl at their place.

The place is run as a " Training Establishment" by the owner, Steve, to train staff for his eventual plan to run a chain of them in the area. The place was built as an add-on to Laurel Park so cost him next to nowt. It will be there for some time............I hope.

This place sounds great! going to give it a try today, I think there are plenty of farangs in the area that will love this place if they keep the standards up. I tend to find that when a new restaurant or bar opens the food is really good but starts to go down hill after a few months.

Been there today absolutely wonderful freshly made sandwiches, the best I have had in Thailand and a lovely pot of tea. Small place with fast and friendly service, highly recommended will be going there again soon and I can see me becoming a regular!

I make great sandwiches. Please nobody come and visit. It really makes my wife crazy when strange farangs come and visit. My Saint Bernard likes them though. does anybody else have this occurance with their dogs? Likes farangs but wants to consume Thai food, so to speak?