Found A Nice Bar (pattaya)

gharknes

Of course I meant Big C :o

Just wanted to drop a few thoughts about a great place in Pattaya, the Shark Bar has the best mix of things I like I have found anywhere in Pattaya, good food thai/Farang, biggest good quality LSTV I have ever seen, smashing pool table, very nice staff, pool team looking for good players, good group of regulars friendly bunch, nice girls, also link to agogo.

If you want to watch footy, play pool, eat good food, meet nice friendly regulars, meet nice girls, sing on stage, this place has it for me.

BTW I am not connected in any way, just a happy customer.

Maybe the Pattaya members could have their next piss up here.

Edited by gharknes

Hey, shouldn't this be in the "Positive things about Pattaya" thread. :D

I'm back over for a month at Christmas, so (apart from obviously going to the Blues Factory, DaveT :o ) i'm up for a TV piss up, if you want it in there.

Whereabouts exactly is it? If my memory serves (as i don't go that end often) isn't Big C opposite Soi 2 not Soi 1 ? So it must be further on, maybe near the outdoor Katoey show bars?

Edited by mrbojangles

It’s actually at the top of Soi 0.

If you’re facing Second road It’s on the left next to 711. (Or looking towards beach Road, the first bar on the right)

Yes, a very good bar, owned by Lek and Phil of Classroom 2 fame.

Mike.

Pissup is in the planning MrBojangles!!! :o Be back most of January.

Definitely ! In fact, I'm back somewhere around the end of November for an unknown length of time (weeks, months, years ?).

As a bunch of the lads from here are all heading there around the same time, I may have to sponsor another party at the FLB (a "Post AssCrackistan / Pre Christmas Party ? The girls could dress up in their finest holiday burquas !)

Pissup is in the planning MrBojangles!!! :D Be back most of January.

Definitely ! In fact, I'm back somewhere around the end of November for an unknown length of time (weeks, months, years ?).

Marvellous Brit and Kerryd, Mrs BoJangles wants to go back to Chaiya Phum for a few days in Jan but i hate the trek, so it looks like i'll be able to have a "Get out clause" :D:o

Mr Bojangles - my missus also from Chaiyaphum.

I hope to have a couple of weeks away from Saudi about that time - may be able to pack the missus off, but doubt it.

Give me dates nearer the time and I'll try to arrange vacation to suit.

Thought I'd left this armpit for good in 2001, but money drives, not scenery.

Of course I meant Big C  :o

Just wanted to drop a few thoughts about a great place in Pattaya, the Shark Bar has the best mix of things I like I have found anywhere in Pattaya, good food thai/Farang, biggest good quality LSTV I have ever seen, smashing pool table, very nice staff, pool team looking for good players, good group of regulars friendly bunch, nice girls, also link to agogo.

If you want to watch footy, play pool, eat good food, meet nice friendly regulars, meet nice girls, sing on stage, this place has it for me.

....but is the beer cold....and I mean ICY cold?

ah soi 1 soi 0 hard to tell which but yes someone got it right, it is on opposite side from Big C a little farther down, you pass the bowling alley on the left it's the next soi (down the side of bowling) and the first pub you come to on the right, the classroom2 is the same owner and it is not unusual to go from Shark bar to classroom, this pub is also popular with Thai.

Pissup is in the planning MrBojangles!!! :D Be back most of January.

As a bunch of the lads from here are all heading there around the same time, I may have to sponsor another party at the FLB (a "Post AssCrackistan / Pre Christmas Party ? The girls could dress up in their finest holiday burquas !)

Needless to say count me in........ :o

Maybe another dancing contest Kerryd eh?..............just about out the doghouse from the last one. :D

ah soi 1 soi 0 hard to tell which but yes someone got it right, it is on opposite side from Big C a little farther down, you pass the bowling alley on the left it's the next soi (down the side of bowling) and the first pub you come to on the right, the classroom2 is the same owner and it is not unusual to go from Shark bar to classroom, this pub is also popular with Thai.

Cheers for the recon - I'm sure it was painless!!! :o

Pretty sure Jimmy White frequents the place, when in Pattaya at least

i've met jimmy in tims beer bar a few times

he used to knock about with a pool player called jellybaby and to my knowledge i think the jelly was trying to make a living over in pattaya

Ask Tim about Michael...dark hair.....I'm sure she remembers me..... :o

The same time erwin from Belgium and the short haired lesbian girl used to set up the balls , her name was Daeng....................( [/b]good name for a concept LP )

I played semi pro pool in Patts for a few years....a long time ago .... :D

This was when Tims bar was on the beach road.

Halcyon days , played a few games then , against Thais, for a few baht and won... :D ....oooh get me :D

Edited by chonabot

Pretty sure Jimmy White frequents the place, when in Pattaya at least

i've met jimmy in tims beer bar a few times

he used to knock about with a pool player called jellybaby and to my knowledge i think the jelly was trying to make a living over in pattaya

Jellybaby used to play out of Pussy Galore bar Soi Pattayaland 1 i've played him a few times...........bloody hard to beat him, gives you 3 shots start minimum wager was 1000 baht.

Havn't seen him for a while though.

Jellybaby used to play out of Pussy Galore bar Soi Pattayaland 1 i've played him a few times...........bloody hard to beat him, gives you 3 shots start minimum wager was 1000 baht.

The 3 shots start is a sort of con, the idea is that you will clear the table of most of your balls while all his are still on the table making it very difficult for you to finish, then he comes to the table with a relativly easy cleanup because you got rid of the clutter, I played him a few straight games and although he beat me 7-5 it was close, he is a good player but beatable, take him on his challenge without the 3 shots or propose that you can take them when you want :o

Jimmy White will be at the shark bar early next month.....5th I think

The 3 shots start is a sort of con, the idea is that you will clear the table of most of your balls while all his are still on the table making it very difficult for you to finish, then he comes to the table with a relativly easy cleanup because you got rid of the clutter, I played him a few straight games and although he beat me 7-5 it was close, he is a good player but beatable, take him on his challenge without the 3 shots or propose that you can take them when you want :D

Jimmy White will be at the shark bar early next month.....5th I think

when you play jelly, leave him shots where he was to stretch as you know his stretch is not that long :o

if you see him tell him i was talking to a good friend his called 'the hat' and he was asking after him.

the three shot scam only works against average players, if you can not clear the balls just cover the two bottom pockets :D

I went to the Shark bar last night had one customer sitting with the owner, very quiet. Quite a few girls from the go-go were there.

Cold beer, 50 baht a Tiger but one of those sour faced Thai male bartenders. I will probably give it another shot another time.