Police Cameras

Out of 20 bikes ive owned, ive only had 4 in my name. Wonder what happens when someone sells a bike and its left untransferred.

If i sell a bike and its in my name, the ticket comes to me if the buyer doesn't transfer the ownership to themselves.

It's not because you have that attitude that everyone else is the same.

ummmm it works both ways, i could've been compiling tickets in some poor blokes name - unintentionally.

Uhmmm,when I buy a bike I don't leave it in someone else name but transfer it straight into my own name-Intentionally.

yep

and if photo fines have not been paid, transfer or road tax payment will be denied by DLT. Waterpoof system, as Thai law makes registered owner responsible for any fine issued to his vehicle. Be aware all photo fines are registered on vehicle in DLT, and cleared when payments have been recieved

They can take a a big nice clear picture of my big Pirelli tyres ! No prob, they can send the ticket to the Pirelli company if they want.....no lic plate!:whistling:

brilliant :)

except that no license plate for more than 30 days/3.000km has severe penalties, and of course the photo fines is one reason for cracking down on non plated vehilces

I am not saying I like it, just want all to know what they are up to. Dont like fines, but prefere a few hundred baht fine on a legal plated bike, over major non plated issues

nice lazy idea but completely flawed for many reasons mostly proving who was riding at the time and owners address, I wonder what idiot thought this one up lol

They do not have to prove it. Owner onus applies as it does in many countries.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if it was a fixed camera or hand held but passing through Khorat I got pinged speeding, the picture came in the mail and it was a front picture of the car with the time of day and the speed I was doing. 500 Bt fine payable at the post office. Fair cop though, I was more careful coming home.

They can take a a big nice clear picture of my big Pirelli tyres ! No prob, they can send the ticket to the Pirelli company if they want.....no lic plate!:whistling:

Then you will be one of the'one or two' that the BIB can normally catch :whistling:

You obviously haven't ridden with 'Happysiam'.

Oh, I forgot! You don't ride. ;)

Edited by RusticCharm

A couple of Thai friends told me today if you get a ticket in the mail, it comes from the "court". They say do not discard it. You could spend a lot of time in jail even before you see the judge. Many Thais fear getting tickets in the mail because of it.

Just a thought!

If the court & judge thing is correct, all us expats might be in big trouble.

Immigration will normal revoke your visa if you are convicted for anything here and trow you out for good after serving your time.

Then you will be one of the'one or two' that the BIB can normally catch :whistling:

You obviously haven't ridden with 'Happysiam'.

Oh, I forgot! You don't ride. ;)

I do bloody ride....i RODE THE GF'S WAVE 110i 2 days ago. But now its raining i drive the car... oh i forgot you don't have a car ;)

I do bloody ride....i RODE THE GF'S WAVE 110i 2 days ago. But now its raining i drive the car... oh i forgot you don't have a car ;)

Apologies! And I'm happy to see you're riding a better bike than what you're used to. Edited by RusticCharm

Waiting at the traffic lights in PhiChit yesterday with the BIB at the corner pulling over helmetless riders......giving them a verbal warning then sending them on their way....still without a helmet! :blink::rolleyes:

I had a good laugh.

Apologies! And I'm happy to see you're riding a better bike than what you're used to.

Well it was certainly NEWER. Apology accepted :jap:

A couple of Thai friends told me today if you get a ticket in the mail, it comes from the "court". They say do not discard it. You could spend a lot of time in jail even before you see the judge. Many Thais fear getting tickets in the mail because of it.

Just a thought!

Immigration will normal revoke your visa if you are convicted for anything here and trow you out for good after serving your time.

Thai people worry more about it than us Faranges do. To most of us, 500B is nothing more than an annoyance. To a Thai is a days pay! And if your worried what Immigration is going to do, you have more problems than a ticket. Don't be paranoid.

I've driven from Phuket to Nong Khai and back and all over Thailand. I never worry about it . In 5 years I've been stopped only once at a check point. Once he recognized that I was a Farange he apologized and sent me on my way. I've seen the BiB regulate traffic is so many different ways. All depends on where you are and what that particular office expects of their men to do. They do push the helmet law a lot and rightfully so. Your head is no match for concrete or steel.

Just a thought!

Thai people worry more about it than us Faranges do. To most of us, 500B is nothing more than an annoyance. To a Thai is a days pay! And if your worried what Immigration is going to do, you have more problems than a ticket. Don't be paranoid.

I've driven from Phuket to Nong Khai and back and all over Thailand. I never worry about it . In 5 years I've been stopped only once at a check point. Once he recognized that I was a Farange he apologized and sent me on my way. I've seen the BiB regulate traffic is so many different ways. All depends on where you are and what that particular office expects of their men to do. They do push the helmet law a lot and rightfully so. Your head is no match for concrete or steel.

Before you start calling me paranoid, try reading this topic in pattaya forum from this year:http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/460954-police-check-points-on-the-railway-road/page__hl__drunk+driving

Just a thought!

Before you start calling me paranoid, try reading this topic in pattaya forum from this year:http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/460954-police-check-points-on-the-railway-road/page__hl__drunk+driving

You're talking "apples and oranges" here. A simple speeding ticket is not a "Drunk Driving offense at a sobriety check point. To me if a person drinks and drives they deserved what they get. I hope they kick them out. Anyone who endangers other people after drinking does not get my respect no matter what country they are in. They can justify it all they want but they lose the argument with me. Many others feel the same way as I do. Maybe you do too. People say we don't have the right to delegate morality. Biggest excuse you hear from drunks or so-called teetotalers. But the fact is its why we have laws. Has been that way ever since man was around.

Just a thought!

Haven't read the story, but have 4 friends here in Issan done for drink driving, fine community service and license suspension. No one deported. Jim

Just a thought!

Thai beeing fined is loose of face.

for us its a pint of beer

and as for Immigration, drunk driving and sentenced by court you need to worry. Not speeding or redlights or u-turns, as long as you accept the fine. Any court case can result in deportation

[[/You're talking "apples and oranges" here. A simple speeding ticket is not a "Drunk Driving offense at a sobriety check point. To me if a person drinks and drives they deserved what they get. I hope they kick them out. Anyone who endangers other people after drinking does not get my respect no matter what country they are in. They can justify it all they want but they lose the argument with me. Many others feel the same way as I do. Maybe you do too. People say we don't have the right to delegate morality. Biggest excuse you hear from drunks or so-called teetotalers. But the fact is its why we have laws. Has been that way ever since man was around.

I agree that drunk driving is a very asocial/not acceptable behavior, especially when somebody Innocent is hurt or worse. Sadly its still very common here also among expats.

"Sadly its still very common here also among expats"

and more so amongst the Thai's. many times i have seen Thais barely able to walk getting helped into their cars to drive away.

Yes it is not many years ago where in weekend that everybody loaded up the pick-ups in the villages around most of Thailand and went drinking including the driver, utterly madness.

brilliant :)

except that no license plate for more than 30 days/3.000km has severe penalties, and of course the photo fines is one reason for cracking down on non plated vehilces

I am not saying I like it, just want all to know what they are up to. Dont like fines, but prefere a few hundred baht fine on a legal plated bike, over major non plated issues

Except in the North and north east where no one,including police or excise police , Bike dealers and importers have heard of such a law.

All Katabum has is a news paper clipping of a crack down on newunplated cars in Phuket as proof that such a law is in place.

But carry on.

Driving home to Pattaya yesterday Southbound on Motorway 9 I passed a guy under a flyover, in the middle between the lanes, dressed in black sitting behind a camera mounted on a tripod. Is that a speed camera? I was doing 118 in the 120 zone...so I may be right!