Bars In Town

hinhua

Hello everyone.

Some more questions came to mind. I was wondering if there are any other bar areas that don't have bar girls, as my family might visit in the near future, and I don't really want them to see all the bar girl scene. I was thinking just 'normal' bars not too far from the town itself. Are there any recommended places with a nice ambience, perhaps near the beach or even some hotel bars would be OK. They'll also do all the usual touristy stuff so I need to give them some pointers on that as well. Seems like there's quite a few local resources so it shouldn't be too hard I hope.

I've been told that soi 80 has a few bars - are these 'girly bars' or not? a friend seemed to think they were..

Many thanks.

Hi there. Soi 80 bars are more of the bar girl variety, and there's a few more respectable bars there too - it's no more than 5 mins walk away from town (10 if you walk slowly), but if it's respectable places you want, go to the Palm Bistro restaurant and bar - maybe hard to find but just take a tuk tuk...one of the nicest places I've been to recently.

Closer to town, try any of the hotels near the beach, or on Naebkehardt road there's a good selection of restaurants where you can sit and drink outside. Oh, I nearly forgot, there's a nice bar in Soi Kanjanomai opposite Prime Steakhouse - have forgotten the name but you can't miss it. If you come into the street from either end you can easily avoid all the girly bars.

Cheers.

Next to Hilton, Mai Thai, draught beer, cocktails, large sports screens, friendly staff, no girls for sale, good food, inexpensive (pint draught 79 baht) 35-70 yo average customer

beachfront, Naebkehardt, restaurant/bars. Soi 51, Coco 51 french/thai kitchen, live music/jazz couple of nights a week. Soi 51, Dukes, Thai/Italian, live guitarist/classic

Next to Hilton, Mai Thai, draught beer, cocktails, large sports screens, friendly staff, no girls for sale, good food, inexpensive (pint draught 79 baht) 35-70 yo average customer

beachfront, Naebkehardt, restaurant/bars. Soi 51, Coco 51 french/thai kitchen, live music/jazz couple of nights a week. Soi 51, Dukes, Thai/Italian, live guitarist/classic

Which of those (or any others) has car parking?

Park in Hilton, then slip out to Mai Thai?

:burp:

Which of those (or any others) has car parking?

Park in Hilton, then slip out to Mai Thai?

:burp:

Mai Thai you can park on the road to beach/Tourist Police HQ, 150 meters away.

Neabkehardt/Soi 51 plenty of street parking