Be Warned

The address in Thailand isn't new it is on all of the forms including the white arrival form but hasn't really ever been looked at to close. Interesting about the airplane ticket what if you where travelling overland how does that work or did they say.

Thee was no mention from Mr Keo regarding overland. I would assume that is where your proof of accommodation may prove the most useful. However, as we discussed between ourselves, what if you were meandering about Thailand itself and had NFA?

Simply put, they are making it a lot harder for back to back stays... and that may be something that people need to be aware of and not take for granted what has gone on before.

(Edit: If you check out the PP Embassy Tourist Visa requirements, both the flights and accommodation confirmation are now listed.)

http://www.mfa.go.th...01.php?&id=2815

(Edit: Add link)

Please advise me how many days does it take to get a tourist visa in PP using an agent?

If no hick-ups, if in by noon, can have back 8 pm the same day...but definitely by next morning.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the latest here re PP and tourist visas???

Requiring proof of Thailand accommodation or not?

Requiring airline ticket or not?

And if so, airline ticket OUT of Cambodia will suffice, or they want ticket OUT of Thailand?

I'm in PP right now and have been to the Thai embassy this morning, the kind old lady asked for inbound and outbound ticket per entry + hotel booking + bank statement lol

I have only an entry ticket to Thailand (my flight back), a residence certificate and no bank papers... so she said "cannot" :realangry: sticking 100% with visa requirements

It was too short for me to book and print out everything (they close at 11:30am for visa application) so i will go back tomorrow with only 30 days stay permit

Therefore except if you have all those documents I would suggest another destination for Tourist Visa purpose

So what's the latest here re PP and tourist visas???

Requiring proof of Thailand accommodation or not?

Requiring airline ticket or not?

And if so, airline ticket OUT of Cambodia will suffice, or they want ticket OUT of Thailand?

I'm in PP right now and have been to the Thai embassy this morning, the kind old lady asked for inbound and outbound ticket per entry + hotel booking + bank statement lol

I have only an entry ticket to Thailand (my flight back), a residence certificate and no bank papers... so she said "cannot" :realangry: sticking 100% with visa requirements

It was too short for me to book and print out everything (they close at 11:30am for visa application) so i will go back tomorrow with only 30 days stay permit

Therefore except if you have all those documents I would suggest another destination for Tourist Visa purpose

I wonder if using a visa agent, e.g., Mr. Keo, would have made any difference.. It will be interesting to see what those now going through Mr. Keo are experiencing.

I got single entry visa just few minutes ago, using this man. $53, passport and one photo, nothing more. Double entry "no possible"

http://europeguesthousepp.com

So it looks like using an agent it's still pretty much same-same except only single entries...at least for now. Hopefully, in 6 months when I have to go back for a new visa all this will have all blown over by then :)

People who don't use an agent are really being penny-wise and pound foolish IMHO, as I believe part of the agent's fee goes towards "facilitating" the visa.

Of course, if the airport immigration officers start asking for proof of funds/accommodation/onward flights then it's back to square one.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Talked Mr Keo 20 minutes ago, he said we are back in business. No problem anymore, he can get double entry visa again.

And the relevant question to that is:

What is needed ?

Since you are one in need of a visa, why don't you spend a few baht and call him...his number is posted in this thread I believe and if not, it's in this Forum ;)

Edited by FarangBuddha

Talked Mr Keo 20 minutes ago, he said we are back in business. No problem anymore, he can get double entry visa again.

What is needed ?

Since you are one in need of a visa, why don't you spend a few baht and call him...his number is posted in this thread I believe and if not, it's in this Forum ;)

I am in PP, dropped my Passport of with Mr Keo. I gave flight from PP to BKK, gave address in Thailand. He made a call to check it out and he said everything should be fine. one thing NO more same day service at all. I will pick up my passport on Monday, I will report back on how things went.

What is needed ?

I am in PP, dropped my Passport of with Mr Keo. I gave flight from PP to BKK, gave address in Thailand. He made a call to check it out and he said everything should be fine. one thing NO more same day service at all. I will pick up my passport on Monday, I will report back on how things went.

I think there is something called "the weekend" interfering with your one day service. However, interesting if you could confirm if a passport was turned in Mon-Thur it could still be back the same day or the next morning.

The embassy webiste now states the following regarding tourist visas:

Tourist Visa

Please note that

Consular officers reserve the rights

to ask for additional documents as deemed necessary.

In the absence of a

required document, a letter indicating the unavailability of such document must

be provided.

That last notice is interesting.

Not so much interesting as perhaps unnecessarily pedantic and painfully bureaucratic.

How about,

"Dear Sir or Madam,

The reason I have not included a letter explaining why I have not included a

letter is because your boss in Bangkok who ultimately pays your pathetic little

pen-pushers salary doesn't state that such a letter is needed.

Please get a life and give me the bloody visa <deleted>.

Yours Sincerely,

JAFT"

you are not the only one to find out the new rule, i fly with airasia pp on 4 sept / 9 sept return flight ,

so maybe i need to take another single flight airasia extra out Thailand, hotel booking shall i replace with my cond lease or letter from the condo company (Thai Goverment building);)

"Tourists" leasing condo's? Whatever next?

Yes, when i did a search it said: "email has been removed due to thaivisa forum rules"

But now i have seen 2 different emails

[email protected] & [email protected]

is ymail.com just short for yahoo.com, or is it another new email ?

if so, is the old email valid ? as i have never heard of ymail

OK...as you have done the initial leg-work...I'll tell you the "ymail" address is the correct one ;) And it is correct as written...it is not "yahoo" mail.

Edited by Lite Beer

you are not the only one to find out the new rule, i fly with airasia pp on 4 sept / 9 sept return flight ,

so maybe i need to take another single flight airasia extra out Thailand, hotel booking shall i replace with my cond lease or letter from the condo company (Thai Goverment building);)

You would even be surprised that some even rent complete villas with swimming pools........:D , some are permanent millionairs...... not only 10 days "hotel" millionairs " :D :jap:

You would even be surprised that some even rent complete villas with swimming pools........:D , some are permanent millionairs...... not only 10 days "hotel" millionairs " :D :jap:

"Tourist " leasing condos? Whatever next REPLY :lol:

Today 6 sept received my 2 entry TR visa from PhnomPenh , delivered by myself copy lease contract 6 months renting, accompanied with letter in Thai from the Office from Condominium (Thai gov. building .....) as confirmation for the lease. this in replacing Hotel Booking.

Also delivered my KK bank statement , and prepaid card statement (money situation prouving )

Also flight boarding pass out thailand to PPand Boarding pass PP to Bkk NO FLIGHT SHOWN OUT THAILAND aftter ....., i did al this on own initiative and seems worked

:jap: :lol:;)

I just submitted an application for a tourist visa in KL and was not asked for confirmation of a hotel reservation or an airline ticket.

However this is my third back to back tourist visa and I was told it is may last. Three is the maximum.

I thought the three visa maximum was scrapped some time ago. Can anyone confirm ??

What is allowed is up to the consulate involved. But three seems to be often talked about lately at several locations.

Is that 3 double entry or single ?

I was dumb enough to transfer my double entry TV recently to my new passport,

so do i stand a chance for a 2nd double entry tourist visa or not ?