Limited Edition Yaris Gr2 And Vios Gr2 Launched

Toyota Maha Nakorn have just release two special edition models, the Yaris GR2 and VIOS GR2.

Changes from the vanilla models include:

Exclusive front and rear bumper design

Exclusive front fender design

Exclusive rear wing design

Exclusive side skirt design

17" Alloy wheels

Two-tone leather upholstery

Projector headlamps

Alloy pedals

Prices range from 659,000 for the VIOS GR2 Auto (w/out ABS) up to 710,000 for the top-spec Yaris GR2 Auto.

554000011272701.jpg

554000011272702.jpg

gr2tm04.jpg

gr2tm09.jpg

gr2tm12.jpg

gr2tm05.jpg

Sharp looking kits.. Still a vanilla Toyo though in body styling.. I like those Advanti rims but they don't come in 16's and the color I wanted and 17's won't fit my car with the fender liners in which I want to keep for aero effect..

Maybe I could buy the front panel skirt section and a GR2 badge instead of another car.:rolleyes:

I would have to change the mirrors.:bah:

The rims look similar to Lenso Samurai I think they do 16" if I remember correctly, don't about colours, ours are gun grey and ali colour.

Maybe I could buy the front panel skirt section and a GR2 badge instead of another car.:rolleyes:

The rims look similar to Lenso Samurai I think they do 16" if I remember correctly, don't about colours, ours are gun grey and ali colour.

Yep, give it a month and there will be decent quality ABS aftermarket GR2 bumper and fenders kits for less than 15K Baht :D

Couple of questions:

Will they be widely available across dealerships to view?

Is the black one a wrap? Looks like it..

Are the prices comparable to the vanilla models?

They are only available through Toyota Mahanakorn, dealer map here: http://www.toyotametro.co.th/aboutus/aboutus_branch.html

Prices are around 45K to 80K above normal, depending on the level of options.

Not sure whether the black is a wrap or not, but the others are all painted.

^&^^Car looks wrapped for sure.

Those maybe Lenso's, Advanti has styles very similar can't tell for sure.. I got my Advanti's at cost though so can't bitch too loudly :) ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yep, give it a month and there will be decent quality ABS aftermarket GR2 bumper and fenders kits for less than 15K Baht :D

It has already got ABS, all I have to do is paint the calipers yellow :D .

Jokes apart it's worth a thought, if it would fit onto a 2008 having just lost the front skirt spoiler in the floods around here, that front panel looks all in one piece.:)

Edited by Kwasaki

It has already got ABS, all I have to do is paint the calipers yellow :D .

Jokes apart it's worth a thought, if it would fit onto a 2008 having just lost the front skirt spoiler in the floods around here, that front panel looks all in one piece.:)

Hehehe :)

You know what, I've never once confused ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) with ABS (Antilock braking System), until your jest just now ;)

Amazing how your brain can completely switch modes given context..:o

Yep !! Thought there was only one ABS " Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene " so this is a new type of braking system then ? :lol:

All these posh terminology for cars left me behind years ago when having to plug in computers to see what's wrong, drum brakes, tappets and push rods, carbs su and weber alike, distributor points etc, I'm obsolete apart from basic servicing and maintenance.:)

weird thing is, those bumpers were designed by an acquaintance (and of course been copied extensively), I wonder if he made some kind of deal with Toyota :P

and a rant, when, oh when will we see some real special edition Yaris/Vios with a turbo, like they had the old Vios Turbo? bodykits and spoilers don't a fast car make...

weird thing is, those bumpers were designed by an acquaintance (and of course been copied extensively), I wonder if he made some kind of deal with Toyota :P

and a rant, when, oh when will we see some real special edition Yaris/Vios with a turbo, like they had the old Vios Turbo? bodykits and spoilers don't a fast car make...

Nope, you need stickers too.... :P;)

Edited by WarpSpeed