Whats Up With You So Called "Riders"...?

Happysiam

LOL....real massage or soapy massage?

Fuel calculation is for a CBR 150. Waves i hear sip much less fuel :)

Well its a discussing between real bikers, albeit cheap Charlie ones :D:lol: .

Sorry not meant to be arrogant or something like that but are you guys on a small pension or maybe teachers?

Im accepting donations if you would like to contribute.

Put your money where my wallet is. $$$ :w00t:

Sorry my man but I am trying to save some for a new bike, can't ride that Fino forever.:lol:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL....real massage or soapy massage?

Fuel calculation is for a CBR 150. Waves i hear sip much less fuel :)

Well its a discussing between real bikers, albeit cheap Charlie ones :D:lol: .

Sorry not meant to be arrogant or something like that but are you guys on a small pension or maybe teachers?

Put your money where my wallet is. $$ :w00t:

Sorry my man but I am trying to save some for a new bike, can't ride that Fino forever.:lol:

Damnit i thought you were rich and drove a Motoguzzi....:(

Put bike on credit card problem solved :D

It's tempting...but...must be strong and resist.

I have many bikes, this ride by choice is on a small bike. See Thailand like the Thai's do. I have found over my 9 years here that on the back roads, you really get into the culture and ways better than on a nice fast big bike. I will do that ride later. The reason behind the ride is for a travel guide story - That said, I always have a list of bikes I want so if anyone wants to donate . . .

i did my trip on the cbr250, and i cant remember the petrol costs, not that high, but dont forget the hotels entertainment and food...

The info should be in the cbr thread but i did almost 2000km in those days, and i think the petrol bill was around 2500- but i can be way off... That said, i did not do any sightseeing,, hard core most of the way...

But i am not a real biker...

Good god, that's a 20,000 baht trip minimum ! :(

count it again plz ,do u mean accomodation or gas prices ?

the new wave does 57 km per litre ,i would go if if i didnt have to work online most days and ocvcasionaly present myself in bkk

500 a day wud be nice round Figure to aim for,but god dam_n doing it on a wave 110cc wud take balls 14 days in a row

i did 350-400km on last saturday saturday on a elegance and my ass was feeling every bump for the last 100km and its got a bigger seat than a wave :rolleyes:

i think a 250cc+ bike would be best for a trip like this :)

I assume you will sleep on the back of your bike then.

i did my trip on the cbr250, and i cant remember the petrol costs, not that high, but dont forget the hotels entertainment and food...

The info should be in the cbr thread but i did almost 2000km in those days, and i think the petrol bill was around 2500- but i can be way off... That said, i did not do any sightseeing,, hard core most of the way...

But i am not a real biker...

If it was indeed 2500 baht round trip, thats very comparable to a CBR 150.Since the 250 struggles less over 120kph, im betting thats the correct figure.

But how did you manage to spend the other 7500 baht in 2 days? 5 star hotel at the halfway mark twice? A real biker would never do that...:lol:

I have many bikes, this ride by choice is on a small bike. See Thailand like the Thai's do. I have found over my 9 years here that on the back roads, you really get into the culture and ways better than on a nice fast big bike. I will do that ride later. The reason behind the ride is for a travel guide story - That said, I always have a list of bikes I want so if anyone wants to donate . . .

Spot on! One of my remaining ambitions before I leave LOS for greener pastures is to tour the country on a Honda Dream, via the back roads.

This trip sounds perfect although I've only got 12 days holiday left this year and a mates wedding back in the motherland in December takes care of that. I'm aware it's an pretty poor excuse but unfortunately for me it's 100% true. I hope you document it well and post it here on TV - I'd love to read about it.

coming from a city with nohing really exciting I stopped in hua hin, bought a book in english, then some more entertainment like a real biker would do... Bangkok rooom was only 800b, but things add up quicly...

Ohh... I did spend 1000b on a 10kg box of oranges on the way back... I am sure the trip could be cheaper, but i do need some fun once in a while...

btw, what is up with all the ladyboys in hua hin? Attempting to go to burger king after dark is like a trip down the freak show lane, they are fun enough, but how come so many of them???

I wanted to do a loop of Thailand this December or January. 14 days. 500 km a day. I will be seeing Thailand on the back of a Wave or PCX, But if anyone thinks they are up for it, lets go Any bike welcome.

Good god, that's a 20,000 baht trip minimum ! :(

count it again plz ;)

500km per day =700 baht fuel per day (based on my trip from CNX to Ayuddyha / 750 kilometers/1000 baht in fuel one way)

Hotel = 600 baht per night

Food & drinks = 200 baht

1500 x 14 = 21000 baht

In this case i may not be considered a real biker. :(

i could skip real hotels and stay in cheap ass guesthouses if i had to without too much worry ,ive heard of people doing long trips with just a tent and a sleeping mat but thats a bit hardcore even for me

i feel groggy if i cant have a cold shower and a coffee in the mornings but thats what a city life of convenience does to ya :D

i suppose it could be done cheaper ,but it comes down to how much fun u want to have along the way.......B)

Cold showers? Travel in the rainy season...

Coffee? well, 7 eleven is never far away, or you could brew your own coffee over the camp fire...

That is what a REAL biker would do!!!

Denmark 1984 or there abouts, we were 4 bikes going Denmark - Spain & back to DK. On the way back we were seriously low on money, all the spare travel checks had been cashed in (before plastic cards came along) and a quick count between us told us that we will only have enough money for fuel and a little food. So in Switzerland we had to sleep under a tree in a resting place to save the camping fee, he-he. Oh boy that was a good trip and the shower I had when we reached DK was the best I had in my life, lol. I still think about that Yamaha SR500 I had in those days with great "love" (first bike).

Cold showers? Travel in the rainy season...

Coffee? well, 7 eleven is never far away, or you could brew your own coffee over the camp fire...

That is what a REAL biker would do!!!

i must not be a real biker then .......i like to have a shower in the morning,drink a coffee and put on clean clothes etc

guess im too much of a pussy for this trip ! :D

I reall biker will never get out of his black leather chaps and vest... He will have a large beer belly and loads of tatoos...

His chopper is the only REAL bike and if it aint a HARLEY, it is nothing!!! (ps, with chopper I do refer to the hole swap parts from other harleys so that one will work!!)

Showers are for wimps, coffee lovers should be shot on the spot, a real biker will drink lighter fluid and never ever care about where to fill petrol, he will sypher that from other cars or fake bik bikes (the ones with plastic)...

A real biker lives and sleeps on his bike, infact the only time he gets off his ride is when he has to fix it (harleys being most of the time)...

The rider himself/herself will constantly have a greasy black oiled filty hair, sweaty armpits and stick of burnt rubber.

The only thing that will be cleaned will be his bike!!!

Where is the OP? guess he left this thread long ago, and we still keep posting here.. I need to get out and ride on my plastic crotch rocket!

i could skip real hotels and stay in cheap ass guesthouses if i had to without too much worry ,ive heard of people doing long trips with just a tent and a sleeping mat but thats a bit hardcore even for me

i feel groggy if i cant have a cold shower and a coffee in the mornings but thats what a city life of convenience does to ya :D

i suppose it could be done cheaper ,but it comes down to how much fun u want to have along the way.......B)

When you get out of BKK,CNX,Pattaya, Phuket cheap guest houses get harder to find.Looking for a place with security is also a plus. Don't want to wake up in the morning and the bike ends up missing !

I slept in one of these 'salas' when i got caught in a torrential downpour once. Freaking loud ass insects at night, red ants crawling up your pants and spiders landing on your face and the mosquitoes, the freaking mosquitoes like mini stealth bombers.

photo0176j.jpg

Edited by KRS1

When you get out of BKK,CNX,Pattaya, Phuket cheap guest houses get harder to find.Looking for a place with security is also a plus. Don't want to wake up in the morning and the bike ends up missing !

I slept in one of these 'salas' when i got caught in a torrential downpour once. Freaking loud ass insects at night, red ants crawling up your pants and spiders landing on your face and the mosquitoes, the freaking mosquitoes like mini stealth bombers.

photo0176j.jpg

i parked up beside a bridge once and crawled under to get some sleep about 2am ,i just could not keep my eyes open any longer and the road signs were too blurry to read

after being on the bike for 10 or 12 hours ,basically only stopping for gas + coffee every few hours

i got attacked by red ants and everything else that bites or stings so i woudnt sleep in the side of the road of the road again unless it was my only option