Two Baht Coins

LazyYogi

I had been out of the country for a few years. So since coming back, I was surprised to be finding some gold colored 2 baht coins in my change.

I thought they were pretty pointless.

Then I just recently realized that I've been getting some silver colored 2 bahts.

Whose bright idea was that? They're barely a millimeter bigger than the 1 baht coins.

Who can bother to tell them apart?

Edited by LazyYogi

Just tape 5 of them together (or better yet, have your maid do it). Just as easy to use. Can't stand the sight of large buckets or bottles of coins. It's like having funds sit around in .75% interest bearing accounts.... surely there are better things to do with it.

:)

Just tape 5 of them together (or better yet, have your maid do it). Just as easy to use. Can't stand the sight of large buckets or bottles of coins. It's like having funds sit around in .75% interest bearing accounts.... surely there are better things to do with it.

:)

Wish I could get that much, some are 0.05%!!!

The little small gold ones,, Think they are called 25 satang,?

Think you have to have about 100 of them to make up 1baht ,,what a waste of time they are,,tried to give a load to the kids next door the other day, they cocked there nose up in the air,,and then told me Mai Owe Mai Owerolleyes.gif

Think you have to have about 100 of them to make up 1baht ,,what a waste of time they are,,tried to give a load to the kids next door the other day, they cocked there nose up in the air,,and then told me Mai Owe Mai Owerolleyes.gif

4 X 25 = 100

Save them up for your next visit to Tesco Lotus and unload them at a suitably busy moment.

4 X 25 = 100

Save them up for your next visit to Tesco Lotus and unload them at a suitably busy moment.

Good Idea...thumbsup.gif

4 X 25 = 100

4 X 0.25 = 1 Baht. ;)

I love the 2 baht coins. They are fun to use for the Pattaya baht buses using various combinations to total 10 baht. This puts the drivers panties in a bunch because they have to determine very quickly whether you have paid the correct fare. Of course I always do but I have had them beep in distress for fear that I haven't. I'm easily amused.

So many combos!

5 x 2, that's no fun as too easy to tell

4 x 2, plus 2 ones

3 x 2, plus 4 ones

2 x 2, plus 1 one, and one 5

1 x 2, plus etc., etc.

Edited by Jingthing

I save all of my coins and when I get a load of 25 and 50 satang pieces I take them down to the 7/11 store or the post office who always welcome them.

I also pay the odd bits of my phone bills with the 1, 2, 5 and 10 baht coins every couple of months.

Believe it or not at least out in the villages they are welcomed.

The real pain are those fraction of a Baht coins (50,25 satang). Is there even a 10 satang?

I am not able to read the tiny imprint.

Basically the 2 Baht coins are a logical addition.

The 1,2,5 system is used in most countries of the world for some good reasons.

I have found a link for a german language site only.

............ Is there even a 10 satang?

Not anymore, they used to have them, but this was a long long time ago.

Nowadays, you only have 25 Satang and 50 Satang

Edited by MJCM

............ Is there even a 10 satang?

Not anymore, they used to have them, but this was a long long time ago.

Nowadays, you only have 25 Satang and 50 Satang

Believe there are still one satang coins about. One government contract I hand once paid me down to the single satang.