Second Global Financial Crisis Strategy

Is there another letter to that code? usually there are 3/4 letters?

I've used SDS (2x short) and SPXU (3x short) both by Proshares.

When S&P was trading in the range 1100's - 1215 it was quite nice to put on as a hedge every time S&P came near 1215. Got caught with SPXU though when S&P broke above 1215 and held for a few weeks, so closed it out - only individual trade I lost money on in October. Now looks like we're back down into the 1100's to 1215 range again.

Can't say I attach a high probability to S&P 666 in the near term.

No, just SH.

The good thing about SH is its 1X daily movement, you could get caught-out with the 2X/3X things. I'm wondering if there are any options that could be used to short the index?

Check here for a good analysis of why the s&P is definitely a short My link I'm working off similar variables. I believe the reason markets haven't fallen further may be due to manipulation, and short-selling bans.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there another letter to that code? usually there are 3/4 letters?

I've used SDS (2x short) and SPXU (3x short) both by Proshares.

When S&P was trading in the range 1100's - 1215 it was quite nice to put on as a hedge every time S&P came near 1215. Got caught with SPXU though when S&P broke above 1215 and held for a few weeks, so closed it out - only individual trade I lost money on in October. Now looks like we're back down into the 1100's to 1215 range again.

Can't say I attach a high probability to S&P 666 in the near term.

No, just SH.

The good thing about SH is its 1X daily movement, you could get caught-out with the 2X/3X things. I'm wondering if there are any options that could be used to short the index?

Check here for a good analysis of why the s&P is definitely a short My link I'm working off similar variables. I believe the reason markets haven't fallen further may be due to manipulation, and short-selling bans.

Cheers found it. There are so many ETFs :) It depends on what you're looking and your objectives for whether 1x is a "good thing" or not - horses for courses. I guess the timing on the chart was a bit out :) Large rally on Monday, small increase on Tue

qe3 looks like its on the way in the new year, will probably add some upward stimulus for a few months, but less than before I think. The more and more money is printed, the less effect it has. Look throwing whitewash at a white wall.:D

Get into physical gold and silver is my advice, and get out of everything paper, within the next year or so, because eventually it's all coming to a crashing halt.

Edited by mazd2