Processors/memory In Thailand

Dr. Bob

Hi all,

I am wondering if their are production facilities in Thailand producing Intel or AMD products and so on..?

Is Thailand a big producer/assember of computer parts such as processors, memory or motherboards, flash memory and so on?

If not where does Thiland import all of these products from? I notice in the BK I.T. malls the prices for these items are not much different than Europe which makes me wonder why considering the position here in SE Asia.

And if these parts are being manufactured in Thailand how can we get hold of them without having to pay higher prices at the I.T. malls !!

thanks folks

Bob. :o

A lot of processors are made in Malaysia, AMD especially.

Thailand is the source for a lot of hard disk manufacture. Seagate with six billion dollars in annual sales is a company that has a large part of it's production based in Thailand. Western Digital also employs thousands of Thai's.

Thanks for the info.

It looks like perhaps Malaysia is the place as I've come across further information elsewhere. I'm not sure if those factories sell to dealers, or through other types of selling route...

Certainly it looks like Thailand is having to import a lot and perhaps high duties/tarrifs cause the price rise - although I thought ASEAN allowed for more flexibility in the region.

I am wondering about buying these items in bulk (processors / memory) and maybe Malaysia is the place for that... or Taiwan, however prduction costs are surely cheaper in Malaysia.

Thanks

Bob.