Hooking Up With Some Intelligent Guys

Jotun

Hey guys. Thirty four year old Norwegian staying in BKK for some months working on a new book. Daytime i will be working, but would be nice to hook up with someone to party with in the evenings. Its easy finding good company in Thailand, but difficult to find some reasonably intelligent and resourceful guys. Mostly you just waste your time with vulgar and stupid tourists. Hope I dont sound arrogant, but im sure you know what I mean. Been in BKK three times before. Arriving 3rd of december. Living near the Suk. Any takers? :)

Ben

Edited by Rimmer
No need for profanity

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am extremely intelligent but living in Chiang Mai.

Me too, I never associate with those stupid inferior tourists. They're not worthy as far as I'm concerned and as for those Chiang Mai expats, the less said about them the better.

But I'm anybodies if the price is right.

Edited by Beetlejuice

I'm also extremely intelligent (of course), but choose to live away from the farang ghettos of Thailand (I'm in Si Racha). Sukhumvit Rd is likely not the best hunting ground to find intelligent and resourceful expats though....

Edited by TingTawng

Not being know for my intellect, I haven't a clue where you will meet those you will be compatible with, intellectually, or otherwise, but you should be a short walk or tuk tuk ride from from either. There is a motorcycle or taxi stand close to where you live, is there not?

If you are looking to meet up with motivated , compassionate, resourceful and some rather very good looking people, then go out and help SCAD Bangkok. The foreign and Thai volunteers are wonderful people.My friend's sister can't stop talking about the handsome Thai lad that carried her through a flooded soi on his way to rescue some stranded critters and how nice the foreign ladies were.

He's Norwegian, he just wants someone to pay his tab :lol: .. Trying to buy a new car here soon so I can't afford to pay a Norwegians tab so I guess I'm out :(, not smart enough either ;) except that I know how much that night out would cost me B) ..

I'm also extremely intelligent (of course), but choose to live away from the farang ghettos of Thailand (I'm in Si Racha). Sukhumvit Rd is likely not the best hunting ground to find intelligent and resourceful expats though....

i am also verry intelligent .

do you pay for the meal and drinks ?,

if so ,i am eager to meet you .

:jap:

I'm real smart me finks. I likes smart fings wike wearing a dress and 'aving chics from isaan spank me bum for five squid. Me finks I can chat wiv ye bout swedish stuff likes the quality of privat video movie releases in 2011. Av ye got a blond viking sista i can av me way wiv?

^

NEW EUROPEAN UNION LANGUAGE POLICY

The European Union commissioners have announced that an agreement has finally been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five-year phased plan for what will be known as Euro-English ( or “Euro” for short, to match the currency ).

In the first year, “s” will be used instead of the soft “c”. Sertainly, sivil servants will resieve this news with joy.

Also, the hard “c” will be replased with “k”. Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm.

In the sekond year, when the troublesome “ph” will be replaced by “f”. many words like “fotograf” will become 20 per sent shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent “e” s in the english languag is disgrasful, and they should go.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing “th” by “z” and “w” by “v” , which are boz kviker to vit.

During ze fifz year, ze unesesary “o” kan be dropd from vords kontaining “ou”, and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be toking German lik zey vunted in ze ferst plas

OP You need to do the stupid tourist thing before earning the Expat title. Until you have achieved at least 2 of the following you will not be accepted

taken a tuk tuk tour

followed an indian taylor just because he called you a lucky man

paid double the minimum for a watch

Certainly a tough crowd:) And some interesting comments, of course in addition to almost all of you pointing out that you are intelligent. Clearly it was a wrong approach with the the intelligence thing, as it has triggered all your insecurities. Im alienating myself. Sorry for that. Let me start over. Please, dont worry, im not abnormally intelligent, probably just about average (but as far as I can see, not among BKK-tourists). Guess the "Hope i don´t sound arrogant, but I´m sure you know what I mean" did´nt work out":), (OK, maybe i deserved it) Warp Speed: Are Norwegians known to be cheap? Sound like you have som interesting stories? Please share! Hooters: I did the Tuk-tuk and the watch-thing. The indians didnt manage to <Snip!> me over because they dont respect personal space. Turns me off. But I DID get a bunch of suits at one occasion:) Does that count? Or have i forever <Snip!> up my plan to live cheap off BKK expats this time around? Street Cowboy: Seems like you and your squire, "Smokie" are eligble candidates. Can you please give me a quick resumé of your recent accomplishments, and if you have done a test, your IQ-score? Everything above 110 will do, and no, it is not OK adding points with Smokie. Thats cheating.

Benny:)

Edited by metisdead
Profanities removed.

Certainly a tough crowd:) And some interesting comments, of course in addition to almost all of you pointing out that you are intelligent. Clearly it was a wrong approach with the the intelligence thing, as it has triggered all your insecurities. Im alienating myself. Sorry for that. Let me start over. Please, dont worry, im not abnormally intelligent, probably just about average (but as far as I can see, not among BKK-tourists). Guess the "Hope i don´t sound arrogant, but I´m sure you know what I mean" did´nt work out":), (OK, maybe i deserved it) Warp Speed: Are Norwegians known to be cheap? Sound like you have som interesting stories? Please share! Hooters: I did the Tuk-tuk and the watch-thing. The indians didnt manage to <Snip!> me over because they dont respect personal space. Turns me off. But I DID get a bunch of suits at one occasion:) Does that count? Or have i forever <Snip!> up my plan to live cheap off BKK expats this time around? Street Cowboy: Seems like you and your squire, "Smokie" are eligble candidates. Can you please give me a quick resumé of your recent accomplishments, and if you have done a test, your IQ-score? Everything above 110 will do, and no, it is not OK adding points with Smokie. Thats cheating.

Benny:)

SC + Smokie = nope, still doesn't make the 110 qualifying grade :D

The various chambers of commerce all run networking and other events where you will meet intelligent people. Been to many in my time here. The majority of events are open to non-members but you will have to pay a higher entrance fee. There is also a Norwegian Thai chamber: http://www.norcham.com/. There is also a Finnish and a Danish Thai chamber.