Hooking Up With Some Intelligent Guys

Jotun

Im a Norwegian myself but I am not very intelligent , I dont think we would be able to communicate on the same level. :)

I escaped Norway and promised myself never to speak Norwegian again.

Heia Norge!

But seriously , good luck with your venture!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly you just waste your time with vulgar and stupid tourists
This post has been edited by Rimmer: 2011-11-26 10:50:46

Reason for edit: No need for profanity

:lol:

Its easy finding good company in Thailand, but difficult to find some reasonably intelligent and resourceful guys. Mostly you just waste your time with vulgar and stupid tourists.

I feel that I may fit your bill in some areas Benny. I've recently made a particle accelerator from old moo ping sticks and sticky rice, have written a thesis on the architectural impact of Walter Gropius and the Bauhaus school of fine arts and combined crafts but consider theologian Desiderius Erasmus to be a no-nothing, gob-<deleted> <deleted>. What say you?

If you aren't intelligent enough to spot them while you're out, then maybe you're seeking to hang out with the wrong crowd.

Jokes aside, there are plenty of young guys out every night who would fit your description.

Edited by Heimdallr

^

NEW EUROPEAN UNION LANGUAGE POLICY

The European Union commissioners have announced that an agreement has finally been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five-year phased plan for what will be known as Euro-English ( or "Euro" for short, to match the currency ).

In the first year, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c". Sertainly, sivil servants will resieve this news with joy.

Also, the hard "c" will be replased with "k". Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm.

In the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced by "f". many words like "fotograf" will become 20 per sent shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent "e" s in the english languag is disgrasful, and they should go.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by "z" and "w" by "v" , which are boz kviker to vit.

During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou", and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be toking German lik zey vunted in ze ferst plas

Ha ha.....a cracker.

Any mossad connections, Ben?

We have enough SAS already.

Ex British Military guys from all ranks meet in the Crossbar in Asoke every 3rd Sunday of the month (British Legion members).

They are get up and go guys and most have there own businesses in Thailand or hold important high positions in Multi-National corporations.

Good starting point if you want banter or indeed intelligent conversation.

I perused the topic, but I still can't figure out what kind of people you're looking for, OP.

Are you looking for guys who:

make a lot of money or perhaps don't

wear well-tailored suits in their line of work or perhaps can wear what they want to work

have the kind of wisdom that comes with age and not often with intellect

know how to place punctuation in sentence structure

can speak multiple languages (perhaps even including Thai)

have varied life experience not just in their careers but in other aspects of their lives

are well-read and like to discuss their reading

are knowledgeable about many general topics or perhaps know the most about a specific areas

Just curious. I hope you are blessed with meeting a few intelligent (whatever that means :D ) guys who are also interesting as it seems you endeavor to have a good time. In my experience, meeting guys with certain intelligence does not always make good company. I will also be looking to hook up with some guys at some point -- I'll probably venture out when I'm more settled here in Thailand -- and I will use your approach but modified slightly. I'll describe some characteristics of myself and see if there any takers rather than describing an characteristic I'm looking for in others -- esp a characteristic not easily measured ...

Anyway, I wish you guys a good time. I follow some of the other forum posts of some of the guys here, and I think you'll be in pretty good company.

Good luck with your book!

\

Perhaps you could go clubbing, and meet up with some SEALs

SC

I'd no idea you attended those quiz nights in Maggie Dicksons. We finished first on a couple of occasions but were able to swap the meal for four in lieu of the case of Becks thankfully.....!

Edit: Maybe there is our answer....a quiz night in the Crossbar. The OP can be the prize....intelligent company for the evening.....

Edited by smokie36

No offense Jotun but I get the impression that if you were in a "think tank" you would likely be in the "shallow end". As per your book let me guess it is about "stupid, vulgar tourists in Thailand and why one should never read nor write about them".

Edited by losworld

<sigh> OK I'll be in the Crossbar from 8pm on the 15th Dec.....pub crawl to follow.

@SC...should I charge 'em a fee do you reckon?

+1 for Crossbar at 8'ish on the 15th.

Do we have a secret TV handshake?

No need for that. I'm the guy sitting at the bar necking JD an' coke....whistling.gif

What is the book about?

This time its non-fiction. A critical investigation of cultural marxism in contemporary Skandinavia... bla bla..

Is this something to do with the philosophies of Karl Marx or Groucho Marx?

Most foreigners I know travel to Thailand to get away from intellectualism. As the Thais would say, "you tink too mutt".

\

Perhaps you could go clubbing, and meet up with some SEALs

SC

I'd no idea you attended those quiz nights in Maggie Dicksons. We finished first on a couple of occasions but were able to swap the meal for four in lieu of the case of Becks thankfully.....!

Edit: Maybe there is our answer....a quiz night in the Crossbar. The OP can be the prize....intelligent company for the evening.....

Sounds better than a night out with Nicholas Bloody Parsons!

SC

I'm looking to meet some unintelligent guys.

I'd prefer guys with shaven heads and more than one tattoo, who originate from the less salubrious areas of English cities, preferably London's East end.

Ideally they should have very loud voices, sound a bit like Ray Winstone, and while laughing uproariously, and slapping Thai barmaids on the behind, have conversations consisting entirely of the phrases " 'Ere did yer see what I done dahn there? Did yer!? Did you see what I done? "ere Dave did yer see what 'e done, did yer? Hrarharharharhar harara arggh!" repeated endlessly as if on a tape loop.

Some discussion of the merits of various football teams could be judiciously interspersed in these exclamations.

I'm just finding great difficulty in meeting guys of this calibre around the Sukhumvit area.

I'm looking to meet some unintelligent guys.

I'd prefer guys with shaven heads and more than one tattoo, who originate from the less salubrious areas of English cities, preferably London's East end.

Ideally they should have very loud voices, sound a bit like Ray Winstone, and while laughing uproariously, and slapping Thai barmaids on the behind, have conversations consisting entirely of the phrases " 'Ere did yer see what I done dahn there? Did yer!? Did you see what I done? "ere Dave did yer see what 'e done, did yer? Hrarharharharhar harara arggh!" repeated endlessly as if on a tape loop.

Some discussion of the merits of various football teams could be judiciously interspersed in these exclamations.

I'm just finding great difficulty in meeting guys of this calibre around the Sukhumvit area.

Beergarden in Soi 7 fits the bill. Alternatively Soi 6 in Pattaya. Most of the Bangkok types have moved on to the Phillipines or are banged up.

Intelligent guys,is that before the beer? if it is i will be ok,after about ten big bottles of Archa though i really am a nightmare and become unitelligeble to even the wall,i am actually warming to the meet though as i want to meet Smokie and talk drunken &lt;deleted&gt; all night.

If i am Bangers will be there.

<sigh> OK I'll be in the Crossbar from 8pm on the 15th Dec.....pub crawl to follow.

@SC...should I charge 'em a fee do you reckon?

+1 for Crossbar at 8'ish on the 15th.

Do we have a secret TV handshake?

No need for that. I'm the guy sitting at the bar necking JD an' coke....whistling.gif

You might have to drink for both of us, as I have just been honored with the opportunity to look for intelligent life offshore :rolleyes: .

Jolly good fun this thread is.

OP, your interests are similar to mine, that is girl chasing, beer drinking and contempt for current cultural and political affairs in Scandinavia. I am also a fellow Scandinavian, but unfortunately not in Thailand atm. Some other time perhaps!

Intelligent guys,is that before the beer? if it is i will be ok,after about ten big bottles of Archa though i really am a nightmare and become unitelligeble to even the wall,i am actually warming to the meet though as i want to meet Smokie and talk drunken &lt;deleted&gt; all night.

If i am Bangers will be there.

You'll have the honour of watching BIGTOE3 shout me the beer he owes me.

Oh can you confirm a few days before as they only sell premium beers....but I'm sure if I ask Brian he'll get some Archas in special like....biggrin.gif

You might have to drink for both of us, as I have just been honored with the opportunity to look for intelligent life offshore :rolleyes: .

Enjoy mate. I hope you make it back in time for Hogmanay.....as I'll be back for a wee shindig in January.

Nae excuses now....!

Enjoy mate. I hope you make it back in time for Hogmanay.....as I'll be back for a wee shindig in January.

Nae excuses now....!

Hogmanay in Chiang Mai for me.......contemplating wearing my kilt but I think there is too large a Ladyboy community in Moonmuang Road and I'm in fear fur ma bahookie

Nae excuses now....!

Hogmanay in Chiang Mai for me.......contemplating wearing my kilt but I think there is too large a Ladyboy community in Moonmuang Road and I'm in fear fur ma bahookie

laugh.gif

I'm in Siem Reap that night or I would have joined you. Safety in numbers an' all that.

Nae excuses now....!

laugh.gif

I'm in Siem Reap that night or I would have joined you. Safety in numbers an' all that.

biggrin.gif I'll probably be in Siem Reap in the first two weeks of January.......maybe see you there